gol_e_ehsan

Iranian Applicants

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Yeah it sounds ridiculous, so I'm not sure I believe that.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

From what Ive heard its more like 6 months for the police certificate. I think youre ok, but you can call the embassy to be sure and have some piece of mind

1 or 2 months?! Are you kidding? Then does that mean the one I have isn't valid either? We got ours a couple weeks ago, but by the time May 19th rolls around, it'll have been roughly 2 months. Gr.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

My husband said he doesn't want to go to the police dept to get the police record the next time we go to Iran because he has quite a list of infractions from when he was a teenager into his 20s. He's been arrested once or twice for having long hair, wearing jeans, wearing a big belt, being in a park, having a goatee without a mustache and to top it all off he once bought a girl he didn't know an ice cream cone while he was standing in line at an amusement park kiosk.

Gasp. :o He's a ruthless criminal I tell ya. :huh::rolleyes::jest:

No wonder they don't insist on Iranians providing a police cert. Everyone has a record of Islamic dress code violations. Meanwhile, they just let the drug smugglers go after collecting a bribe. I tried to tell him it might make the visa process go faster but he worries they would try to prevent him from leaving Iran.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Well so far from what I've heard, they are not even interested in looking at the police certificate even if you bring it to the interview. So I wouldn't even bother with it. :star:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
hi, just through experience, While the police certificate is not required from Iranians, two of my friends have had their husbands/wives take their police certificates (soo-e-pishine) to the interview anyhow, notarized by the US consulate in the swiss embassy in Iran. It has HELPED... meaning neither of their spouses were put through AP, but I don't know how it works with Fiances. It's better to be safe than sorry though I think. I'm definitely making my husband take his police certificate to the interview....no questions asked.

That is such a good idea... thanks for the tip...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.