59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

first off thank you all for your encouragement words and for your prayers i really appreciate it .

Well talking about AP and they put people in AP to see if they love each others or not thats really ridiculous cause most of us here already waiting for so long time to be with our loved .

and i don't think its a smart way to find out if you love your fiance or not . cause we already sick of waiting

and about fraud or if they do that to find out who is good and who is bad .to find out if its really relationship or not i think its not right way to do that .

cause they gave the visa so fast to so many people who have red flags and they made so many people waiting for so long time and they don't have any red flags and they even denied some of them .

so i think it depends on your luck somehow and on the CO at the embassy .

and i think its kinda not their rights to control our life and our futures like that .

that woman wants to be with that man so let her start her own new life with the guy she loves. they don't have the rights to deny him or to make him wait for several months to be with her plus the months or the years that they already waited since they met .

its almost 2 years since my queen was in my arms the last time and maybe they will put me in AP and make me wait . is that the right way to find out if we love each other or not ?? do they think its good to make us wait and wait more ??!!!!!

I think they have to change that system somehow cause they drive people insane that way .

and i notice something that all the people who had their interview lately it was by guys where are the women at the embassy ?maybe they are kinda nice more then the men and they can understand and feel the pain of the American women who are still waiting for their loves ?!!!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Timeline

Obtaining a visa to the US is not a RIGHT it's a privilege. You don't automatically qualify simply because you "love" or marry a US citizen. You knew going into this that it would be a hard long road. Please don't be arrogant and think the US *owes* you anything.

first off thank you all for your encouragement words and for your prayers i really appreciate it .

Well talking about AP and they put people in AP to see if they love each others or not thats really ridiculous cause most of us here already waiting for so long time to be with our loved .

and i don't think its a smart way to find out if you love your fiance or not . cause we already sick of waiting

and about fraud or if they do that to find out who is good and who is bad .to find out if its really relationship or not i think its not right way to do that .

cause they gave the visa so fast to so many people who have red flags and they made so many people waiting for so long time and they don't have any red flags and they even denied some of them .

and i think its kinda not their rights to control our life and our futures like that .

that woman wants to be with that man so let her start her own new life with the guy she loves. they don't have the rights to deny him or to make him wait for several months to be with her plus the months or the years that they already waited since they met .

its almost 2 years since my queen was in my arms the last time and maybe they will put me in AP and make me wait . is that the right way to find out if we love each other or not ?? do they think its good to make us wait and wait more ??!!!!!

I think they have to change that system somehow cause they drive people insane that way .

and i notice something that all the people who had their interview lately it was by guys where are the women at the embassy ?maybe they are kinda nice more then the men and they can understand and feel the pain of the American women who are still waiting for their loves ?!!!!

Timeline

Obtaining a visa to the US is not a RIGHT it's a privilege. You don't automatically qualify simply because you "love" or marry a US citizen. You knew going into this that it would be a hard long road. Please don't be arrogant and think the US *owes* you anything.

Yeah you right !!!!!

i will not arrogant and i know that US doesn't woes me anything

but someday if you want to move to Egypt with your husband i don't think that you will have to go to Egyptian Embassy in USA ? i don't think that you will have to have an interview ?!!!!

when you just want to move all what you have to do is book a ticket thats ALL!!

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Yes, this is partially true. I could just enter Egypt pretty much anytime I want but I still would have to go through beaurocratic bs in order to obtain an extended visa. However, if it weren't true I wouldn't assume that I would be owed a visa to Egypt simply because I was married to an Egyptian.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yes, this is partially true. I could just enter Egypt pretty much anytime I want but I still would have to go through beaurocratic bs in order to obtain an extended visa. However, if it weren't true I wouldn't assume that I would be owed a visa to Egypt simply because I was married to an Egyptian.

You are not really into comforting your fellow man, are you? Do you also poke bruises?

People are just venting here, not actually looking for someone to offer your brand of "Tough Love"!

And I have 5 year permission to live in Egypt in my passport wasn't a any bearocratic bs, just stood in a line, paid a fee. Sweet and easy.

Timeline

Nope not the fault of the embassy never said it was.

I see that your interview date was in January? Is this the initial interview? If so, you haven't been in AP long at all. Any hold ups along the way as far as getting a co-sponsor is not the fault of the Cairo embassy.

And as a different viewpoint couldnt that long terrrible wait break up a couple who is truly in love. And by the time they are together they are so tired and stressed from the long seperation and the hell of immigration that they are too tired and wore out to work on a marriage?

I swear we're about to lose our minds and when he ever gets here we're goona be too crazy do anything. Everthing keeps going wrong. It's like fate is sitting back laughing it's head off at us. One of our computer's always going on the blink and needing an expensive repair. Internet on his end ALWAYS crazy. My cheapass phone service no good connection. We can't even hold a decent converstation anymore. IT"S DRIVING US INSANE.

I JUST WANT TO BE WITH MY HUSBAND, THATS WHY THE HELL I MARRIED HIM. We can't afford for me to go there and wait with him until that CO gets off his #### and does that final approval. I swear somedays we just want to kill ourselves to get out of this fricking hell of immigration. I mean NIGHTMARE!!!!!

It's been 19 months since I've seen him and I'm going INSANE.

I understand you all are venting but be a little more reasonable.

Standing in line having papers stamped is a form of beaurocratic bs. It may not be long and drawn out but it's still beaurocratic #######.

Look I had a fairly long AP and yeah it sucked but I didn't expect anything less. When it was all said and done I appreciated that the embassy/immigration took the time to be somewhat thorough.

You are not really into comforting your fellow man, are you? Do you also poke bruises?

People are just venting here, not actually looking for someone to offer your brand of "Tough Love"!

And I have 5 year permission to live in Egypt in my passport wasn't a any bearocratic bs, just stood in a line, paid a fee. Sweet and easy.

Timeline

Standing in line having papers stamped is a form of beaurocratic bs. It may not be long and drawn out but it's still beaurocratic #######.

Look I had a fairly long AP and yeah it sucked but I didn't expect anything less. When it was all said and done I appreciated that the embassy/immigration took the time to be somewhat thorough.

Well, it's hard o be reasonalbe these days, Mine comes and goes on a daily basis. I can be more resonable when my heart and soul is not in an almost physical unbearable pain of missing my husband. I wish I could be as calm and logical as you seem to have been when you were waiting for your husband.

But I have never been totally sure we'd ever be together because of lack of co-sponsor and other problems I have not shared. So, I have been in crisis mode for almost 3 years and it's so tiring on the nerves and mind. I have cried rivers in the last 3 years.

I just feel I can't take much more and my husband feels the same. We feel trapped with no way out. We are having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am usually a nice person so I'm sorry if I'm being a b****, really I'm not trying to be at all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know what Astarte is saying. Basically that you all should have been prepared for the long haul. That doesn't make it any easier though and especially the newbies that have recently seen people sail through Cairo with no problems. It's weird but when I was going through this, even though my wait was 8 months in AP, I was actually one of the quicker ones compared to those who came before me. Because of that both my husband and I knew it would be about as long as it was. Did that make it easier? No I still bawled my eyes out a lot and so did he and we still stressed out about the unknown. Basically you'll go through an almost rollercoaster experience with some days being all accepting of the wait and other days acting like a 2 yr old, temper tantrums and all.

All I can say is try not to think about it. Try to keep yourself busy with other things because bottom line, if you're prepared for the interview, it's all up to God in the end. There is nothing really that you can do to speed things along. I contacted both Senator Kennedy and Congressman Tierney and while I guess I'll never really know if they helped, it still took a good 6 months or so after they became involved.

I really wouldn't compare a man coming from Egypt going to the US to a woman going to Egypt. Seriously common sense should kick in at some point since we are living in an after 9/11 period. Of course there's going to be extra scrutiny.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Sometimes with the wait I have found myself caught by surprise with an overwhelm of emotions missing him. I'll be chugging along fine for months and then bam something hits me that reminds me of him and how long we've been apart and how deeply I miss him even though we get to talk most every week and I'll be bawling like a baby. :cry:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Well, it's hard o be reasonalbe these days, Mine comes and goes on a daily basis. I can be more resonable when my heart and soul is not in an almost physical unbearable pain of missing my husband. I wish I could be as calm and logical as you seem to have been when you were waiting for your husband.

But I have never been totally sure we'd ever be together because of lack of co-sponsor and other problems I have not shared. So, I have been in crisis mode for almost 3 years and it's so tiring on the nerves and mind. I have cried rivers in the last 3 years.

I just feel I can't take much more and my husband feels the same. We feel trapped with no way out. We are having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am usually a nice person so I'm sorry if I'm being a b****, really I'm not trying to be at all.

Just read this post to find out why the USEMs are so hard on people: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2733170

This stuff happens...let them do their jobs, maybe you'll be the one who escapes issues like this...maybe not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning MENA members

my interview is on the 23 of march, so please your prayer with ours and everyone else who's waiting

is there anyone else who have the interview on this day, please let us know

good luck to me and all

Filed: Other Timeline

I am feeling the same way - I really feel like I am going crazy. I am definitely not sure that we are going to be together - next Tuesday may be the end of our marriage. Financially I make enough to barely support us, have been at the same job for 9 years so that isn't the problem but we have big red flags and no evidence before marriage. If I were a pretty 25 year old Nepali-American girl it would be no problem, we could be married after only knowing each other for 2 weeks but I am white, 16 years older than him and too old to have kids so hard to pull the 'Nepali tradition' card. I feel like it is almost certain that he won't get the visa and I have been fooling myself these last 2 years. I know that if he got denied I am financially unable to fight it, can't afford a lawyer, and if they decide he is a fraud because the CO thinks I am too old or ugly to be lovable or if he gets nervous and messes up our meeting dates etc. and the petition gets sent back to USCIS then really we are at a dead end. I don't know many people that could write an affidavit on our behalf - I can't even ask my own family because my stepfather is paranoid of having any dealings with the federal government. We will just have to give up - since we are already married it isn't as if we could marry and file a K-3 after a denied K-1. It is one thing to say 'well I could go to his country' but c'mon that really isn't feasible. There are no jobs for Nepalis let alone foreigners. There are thousands of Nepalis willing to risk expoitation even death in order to have a better life in a foreign country and I always knew that no matter how much we both love Nepal and want to go back that him coming here and us working for a few years and saving money was part of 'the deal' - if he doesn't get the visa then I really don't think he will want to stay with me. Hopefully I am underestimating his true intentions but I know I cannot fool myself... I cannot give him a ticket to a better life, I cannot give him children, really honestly besides love and support what can I give him??? In a way it is good we are not together now, I am trying hard not to let my anxiety and doubts show so he won't be more nervous than he already is but inside I am going nuts - it has been a nice dream these last couple of years that after a life of loneliness maybe I might have a shot at love and marriage but now my own government will take even that small chance away.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.