Ohio_hunter

What do you think? F1 --> AOS

4 posts in this topic

Here's the scoop guys,

My wife and I does not live with each other during the week days since we don't go to the same school, however, we do spend almost every weekend together plus 3,000 minutes on the phone every month. Since she's living in a college dorm, there is no way for us to add my name into her dorm contract. My apartment lease was signed with my male roommate last year, and since it is a 2 person unit, the land lord cannot add my wife onto the lease.

I know that during the interview for AOS, we'll have to prove that we reside together ( Knowledge I acquired from reading the awesome VisaJourney!) -- but that's impossible in my case. We do share a joint checking/saving account, health/dental insurance, auto insurance, two credit cards, and she's the beneficiaries of my public retirement fund.

Do you think we will run into issues during the interview?

We knew each other for 4 years now and we visited her home country last year -- we had a small wedding and lots of pictures from day one!

PS. Hey guys, I am a newbie from Ohio!

AOS/EAD/AP/ I-130 filed

Chicago Received (day 4)

Transfered to MSC

NOA 1 Received

Biometric Appt. Received

Interview Appt. Received

Edited by Ohio_hunter
american-flag-2a.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Here's the scoop guys,

My wife and I does not live with each other during the week days since we don't go to the same school, however, we do spend almost every weekend together plus 3,000 minutes on the phone every month. Since she's living in a college dorm, there is no way for us to add my name into her dorm contract. My apartment lease was signed with my male roommate last year, and since it is a 2 person unit, the land lord cannot add my wife onto the lease.

I know that during the interview for AOS, we'll have to prove that we reside together ( Knowledge I acquired from reading the awesome VisaJourney!) -- but that's impossible in my case. We do share a joint checking/saving account, health/dental insurance, auto insurance, two credit cards, and she's the beneficiaries of my public retirement fund.

Do you think we will run into issues during the interview?

We knew each other for 4 years now and we visited her home country last year -- we had a small wedding and lots of pictures from day one!

PS. Hey guys, I am a newbie from Ohio!

AOS/EAD/AP/ I-130 filed

Chicago Received (day 4)

Transfered to MSC

NOA 1 Received

Biometric Appt. Received

Interview Appt. Received

It sounds like you'll be OK. The interviewer just wants to know that you are in a sincere relationship, and will understand school arrangements and such. If your case had gone to CSC you would prolly not have an interview, but at MSC, it's a sure thing.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Thanks! Hopefully the IO won't give us too much $hit!! haha

I wonder anyone here had the same situation??

you should be fine.

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.