Gary_UK

Awaiting packet 3 and travel to the USA.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is my first post, and apologies if this has been covered before but just hoping for some clarification from my fellow visa applicants of today or past.

We filed our intent back in early December 2008 and have just had notification last week that our paperwork is heading to the UK consulate very soon. Going by the fantastic flow chart on this site I am to expect packet 3 to arrive in the next week or so. I am also gathering the important docs for its arrival early.

My concern is this....

I am planning to make one final trip to be with my fiancee for two weeks at the end of April and return to the UK early May (our wedding plans are pointing to an early to mid October wedding ). Our original plans were that I would not take delivery of my packet 3 till my return to the UK.

If I receive my packet 3 before I fly out, will I be refused entry to the US ?

Would it be better for me to not submit the completed packet till I return from my trip ? I had thought about asking a trusted relative post the completed forms while I am in the US to help expedite the process or would this be a bad idea.?

I was lucky enough to book a cheap flight last year so the flight itself has been paid for a long before we decided to file and its something we are both very much looking forward to as you can imagine.

I am also prepared to have to provide some proof or even a letter from my employer to submit to the border control people to assure them I will be returning to the UK and not skulking into the country under false pretense.

Any advise you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Love the site. :) and learning a lot from the ones who have traveled before me. ( and promise to post our dates and where we are up to shortly )

Gary.

I was in the same situation as you

I received my packet 3 in November and had already planned a trip to Texas at Christmas, so I had my medical in December and returned the forms and checklist back to the embassy in January when I got back, and did not have any problems

However if I think in hind sight I would have returned the forms before I left and just sent the check list back when I returned and then I might not have waited to long for the interview.

Just make sure that you send the information back to the Embassy before the NOA2 expires so you dont have to get an extention, the NOA2 is valid for 4 months so you will be fine.

Good luck and have a safe trip

I took a letter from my employer, you should take with you confirmation of any ties you have to the UK , not that I have ever been asked for anything but to show my return flight, but at least I had something if I was asked

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

When you return Packet 3, you can always include a note that indicates you'd like an interview after a particular date. London tend to be pretty accommodating with such requests.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
When you return Packet 3, you can always include a note that indicates you'd like an interview after a particular date. London tend to be pretty accommodating with such requests.

Thank you both for your input. I was not aware of the ability to request an interview after a specific date.. This could come in handy as I will be on a few training courses in London area over the coming months and would be handy to tie in the medical and / or interview at around the same time.. but that's just me being optimistic. :)

Again thank you both :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.