5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

All the documents, except for passport copy, for DS230 have to be either certified or original copies. Photocopy or notarized copies will not work.

USC petitioning for parents:

NVC:

1-7-09 NVC Received file, NVC Case# created

1-14-09 NVC Sent DS-3032/AOS Fee bill

1-15-09 Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

1-20-09 Received in mail DS-3032 / I-864 Bill from NVC

1-20-09 Paid I-864 Bill (Online)

1-21-09 Shows AOS Fee Bill Paid online

1-23-09 Return Completed I-864

1-23-09 NVC AVR message says IV Bill generated

1-23-09 Paid IV Bill online

2-9-09 DS-230 package sent to NVC

2-11-09 DS-230 received at NVC

2-17-09 Case Completed at NVC

2-25-09 NVC Left

4-29-09 Interview Date (Called AVR on 2/26/2009 and it said all documents sent to the consulate in KTM, Nepal. Also, talked to the operator on the same day and she said the interview has been set for 4/29/2009 and should be receiving the interview letter soon).

Consulate:

x-xx-09 Consulate Received

4-29-09 Interview Date (Interview rescheduled for earlier date of 4-20-2009)

4-20-09 Interview Successful (asked to come back for the visa on 4-23-2009)

4-23-09 Visa Received

5-22-09 US Entry : Entry at IAD.

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline
All the documents, except for passport copy, for DS230 have to be either certified or original copies. Photocopy or notarized copies will not work.

thanks, will i get the orginal marriage certificates later ?

That's my understanding. After the interview, the embassy gives the original back and keeps the photocopy ones for their record. FYI, you need to send 2 of each document. Example: 1) Original or Certified copy of the Birth Certificate 2) Photocopy of the Birth Certificate.

USC petitioning for parents:

NVC:

1-7-09 NVC Received file, NVC Case# created

1-14-09 NVC Sent DS-3032/AOS Fee bill

1-15-09 Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

1-20-09 Received in mail DS-3032 / I-864 Bill from NVC

1-20-09 Paid I-864 Bill (Online)

1-21-09 Shows AOS Fee Bill Paid online

1-23-09 Return Completed I-864

1-23-09 NVC AVR message says IV Bill generated

1-23-09 Paid IV Bill online

2-9-09 DS-230 package sent to NVC

2-11-09 DS-230 received at NVC

2-17-09 Case Completed at NVC

2-25-09 NVC Left

4-29-09 Interview Date (Called AVR on 2/26/2009 and it said all documents sent to the consulate in KTM, Nepal. Also, talked to the operator on the same day and she said the interview has been set for 4/29/2009 and should be receiving the interview letter soon).

Consulate:

x-xx-09 Consulate Received

4-29-09 Interview Date (Interview rescheduled for earlier date of 4-20-2009)

4-20-09 Interview Successful (asked to come back for the visa on 4-23-2009)

4-23-09 Visa Received

5-22-09 US Entry : Entry at IAD.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, will i get the orginal marriage certificates later ?

That's my understanding. After the interview, the embassy gives the original back and keeps the photocopy ones for their record. FYI, you need to send 2 of each document. Example: 1) Original or Certified copy of the Birth Certificate 2) Photocopy of the Birth Certificate.

Now as far as this is concerned you will NEED to send the original for all docs except the passport, i have contacted the NVC on this, sinc this is the stage i am at. There has been alot of confussion as to what a certified copy was, it should be a certified copy from the issuing entity not a photocopy that's certified. They will give you back the original at the embassy, but make sure you incude a photocopy as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.