Girly thread (men beware!)

316 posts in this topic

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

About upper lip- I like that my hair is light and fine but I still like to be smooth. I just take the razor and a little facial cleanser and shave it.

NO- the hair does not grow back thicker or darker. That is a myth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
About upper lip- I like that my hair is light and fine but I still like to be smooth. I just take the razor and a little facial cleanser and shave it.

NO- the hair does not grow back thicker or darker. That is a myth.

It doesnt really get hairy all over just at the ends, I have dark hair so it can be a little more noticeable than most as you can see from the picture. :P

I have this weird hairline too. From my outer brow there is a strip of hair that goes up to where my hair starts... its not really like long hair but its noticeable. I decided to wax it before my wedding last year.... BIG mistake! I never touched it prior to that so I had this weird looking rectangle shape in the spot I had waxed... sooo I ended up having to basically wax my face. Good times.

I am the example of the "what you shouldn't do" even in my family I am always being used as the example.. and the example is NEVER good! :lol: "Oh you know what happened to Nevada... that could happen to you..." :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

I use either Nair or Sally Hansen for my upper lip and I've never had a problem. Except when hubby sees me with the nasty smelling stuff on my lip and then makes fun of me. #######! That is why I am totally going to use tweezers to pull out his ear and nose hair when he gets older .... (insert diabolical laugh now).

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Yea I use nair sometimes too on the upper lip. Except last year my son (yes my son once again) came home from school and I had the stuff on and he goes: "Oh hi Mark Twain!"

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea I use nair sometimes too on the upper lip. Except last year my son (yes my son once again) came home from school and I had the stuff on and he goes: "Oh hi Mark Twain!"

:lol:

OMG... he doesn't miss a thing, does he??!! I'll bet he's an awesome kid and a blast to have around. :innocent: <- Sprailenes' son!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This thread was interesting to read, lol. Im Portuguese, and therefore my European DNA sure didnt bless me with the 'light hair' gene..

Im too chicken to do a brazilian, I hate pain. But I do wax (just not brazillian). And also gotta wax my upper lip... its light, but the ends of it have a few darker hairs that drive me nuts.

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This thread brings up a topic that has me a little concerned about the move - this is going to sound ridiculous, but I am worried about finding someone that will do a proper smoothie at a decent price :P

I have been going to the same person for probably 10 years - she is very thorough and only charges $38. The couple of times that I couldn't get in to see her and NEEDED the work done I called around to other places and found that most would not go near the backdoor. That was a number of years ago though before it was as popular as it is now, so maybe that wont be a problem any more?

And having done a little research, and found mentions of this costing somewhere around $90 in Chicago :o

Perhaps my guy would be open to learning how to do this for me? :D

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

Timeline

I don't have good news K34.. most waxing here does cost more.. like on average 30% more than back home in Canada.. and I've yet to find a salon here in CT that i'm comfortable enough with to keep going back to..

The cheapest places I've found are those nail salons with like 100 spots to do nails & pedicures and this massive staff. But then you have to just go by luck of the draw who will do your waxing and I have NO idea if they'll do waxing "down there". :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
This thread brings up a topic that has me a little concerned about the move - this is going to sound ridiculous, but I am worried about finding someone that will do a proper smoothie at a decent price :P

I have been going to the same person for probably 10 years - she is very thorough and only charges $38. The couple of times that I couldn't get in to see her and NEEDED the work done I called around to other places and found that most would not go near the backdoor. That was a number of years ago though before it was as popular as it is now, so maybe that wont be a problem any more?

And having done a little research, and found mentions of this costing somewhere around $90 in Chicago :o

Perhaps my guy would be open to learning how to do this for me? :D

Uggghhh tell me about it! The cheapest is in Montreal, like $25 for a full brazilian. The salon in Oakville that I loved because they didn't use strip wax cost around $42, but they did an amazing job. All the salons here I've called around to, charge at least $65 + then you're paying tip on top of that. Since they do such a personal job I always gave 10 bucks tip. I have yet to find a place here I am willing to go to. At least I'm going home in a few weeks, I better make my appt!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Oh WOW!... I love this site :lol:

You guys ever use one of those Twezee things? I have one, and I swear by it! It takes care of any unwanted facial hair, just pulls that stuff right out! And it lasts for a while. I wouldn't suggest using it down there... i tried that once and it hurt like a mofo! wow... I've never waxed... i'm scared it will hurt! mind over matter I suppose... But since we are going on a honeymoon to Florida mid-august i should probably consider it, shaving doesn't come out so smooth sometimes! Honestly, i just like to wear those bathing suit bottoms that have longer sides that kinda look like really short shorts... saves me the embarrassment!

I have a Tweeze too! I love it for the occasional "side burn" hairs. Theres only a couple but they are sooooo dark and I hate it, this thing really does rip them right out and it lasts a good few weeks for me. For the rest of everything, I am a shaver too. I use to wax my legs but I am such a pansy about it, I'd rather risk missing a spot on my legs and having to go over it again than crying as the hair is ripped out. I do have to try to find a good nail salon in the Santa Ana area now though, I get acrylic put over my real nails as mine are really brittle and look like garbage if left alone, but I dont trust the mass nail salons. I have an esthetician up here who uses 2 different acrylics (so that the french manicure doesn't chip out, she uses white for the tips) and she does almost all the work by hand. I'm so picky now that I was telling Wes I can see me walking in and interviewing every place I goto to find out what products they use and how they do things.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay... we're honeymooning in Hawaii at the end of July/beginning of August. :) I'm thinking I'm going to have to give in, too. The more I read on here, the more I get the courage to do it! So, if our wedding is on a Friday, and we leave for the honeymoon the following Thursday... when do you all suggest I go for "THE WAX"??? :clock:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.