KingAbu

no packet 3 or med appontment w/out passport

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello Vjers!

Ok. It is been impossible to get hold of the embassy in Nairobi. I stay up till like 2am just trying to get hold of them and so far it has been impossible for two days. It is pretty much a waste of phone cards and large bills on your home telephone service.

I called Dr. Asuga in the meantime and got hold of her and asked if we could schedule our med appointment on the second of the next month (April), but I was told that the doctor will not be available after the 16th of March, which is this coming Monday. Her nurse told me that the Dr. is not doing any more medical examinations. (Is that true!) Even then we could not make it to the 16th because my wife is currently in Mombasa and has no packet three yet and it is already Thursday in Kenya and in about less than two hours it will be here in the States as well. And then Dr. Asuga told me that without the passport she will NOT do the meds for my wife. I told her that she did not have one and no birth certificate either because of the situation in Somalia (as you already know). Man they are so quick to hang up the phone and I swear I can hardly understand their English. I am trying to be extra patient and trying to explain the situation to her but they keep hanging up and the line is not clear also.

So anyway, will the marriage certificate work since it has both of our pictures on it and our full names, which was issued in Kenya anyway? What about an alien paper that she has that she received from the Republic of Kenya? This form is called the "Application for Alien Registration Acknowledgement". She is currently on the waiting list until she gets her Alien ID card. So I want to ask those who have experience and knowledge of how these things works, will those items serve as a substitute to the passport or the birth certificate?

And about the packet three, must I get them from the Embassy or I can download them from the embassy's website? Do the doctors have access to these forms?

I just do not want to miss our appointment and delay our process. So please help me out. What shall I do? Obviously I will call the Embassy tonight again at 11:30pm EST. But in the unfortunate event that I do not get hold of them and that's one more day less (and a waste) in our countdown to our interview, what should we do?

I will be waiting for your kind and helpful (as usual and may God bless you for that) responses soon and anxiously.

Thank you all in advance. :)

Take care and peace.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Kingabu

Hope you are well

Normally the US , embassy sends packet 3 in your mail( kenya address) you used for your wife. If not, with a copy of NOA2 your wife should be able to walk to the embassy and show the security guards that . You dont need an appointment to pick K -3 /K1/K2 packet. THis was indicated in my letter from the embassy. Another thing the embassy doesn't work on FRIDAYS - so its unlikely that you will have someone answer your phone. You must get your Medical forms from the Embassy , if you didn't receive them in your mail.

MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS

Such medical examinations must be performed by one of the following physicians:

NAIROBI

Dr. O.S. Dogra

Sarit Center - 4th Floor

P.O. Box 40384

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 4449592/3

Dr. A. J. Meyerhold

Sarit Center – 4th Floor

P. O. Box 40384

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 3745719

Dr. L. M. Asuga

Sarit Center – 4th Floor

P. O. Box 40384

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 4449291/2

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC)

P.O BOX 55040-00200

4TH Ngong Avenue (next to Williamson House)

Nairobi, Kenya

Landlines: 2720060/1, 2723605, 2735115

Mobile Numbers: 0722879680, 0734444020

Fax: 2722818

Email: mrfnbommsc@iom.int (for appointment and inquiries only)

MOMBASA

Dr. C. B. Patel

City House, Moi Ave.

Mombasa Medical Practice

P. O. Box 80681

Mombasa, Kenya

Tel 041-2222857/8

The one in Bold ( IOM ) was added early this year and for the better part of January it was the only one on the embassy website, you may contact them for an appointment- im sure they will be the ones handling Nairobi for now or alternatively contact the Mombasa panel physician.

The direct number to immigrant visa Unit is + 254203636492/ or use the switch board +254203636000, Monday - Thursday excluding American and Kenyan Holidays and last wednesday of every month or you can email to consularnairob@state.gov, state your case number . Pls note that everytime you call them you have to give them your case number so have it with you.

BTW............... There is a checklist in the packet .............. for all docs needed by the embassy. So get you packet first.

I hope this helps

Jaqi

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I finally got hold of the embassy yesterday and transferred me to the Visa Dept. and I asked if my wife could pick up the packet (before I called them, I sent them an email and to my surprise and there was already an answer this morning. That was quick!) and if she needed an appointment, the lady who was kind and nice said no and that I could come pick any M-TR at 8:00am. Then I called Dr. Asuga again to see if Monday was still available. She told me that she had already put me down for Monday @1pm. So I asked what my wife needed to bring with us and she told me that she can provide me with the medical forms for the doc to fill out. She said that she had copies of the med forms. But I still should go to the Consulate right and pick up my packet 3? That's what I am planing to do. My wife goes leaves Mombasa on Sunday and arrives Monday morning and then goes to the Embassy, picks up the packet 3 and then goes to her med exam appointment. Sounds like a plan, right?

Btw, the price is way different than what I had read on the Nairobi threat.

The exam is around $105 but the cost for vaccinations depends on how many he/she needs. $245 is the estimated cost for all, but most pay around $100-$150. It's recommended that you get as many vaccinations before-hand since the Nairobi doctors can be expensive. Also, a chest x-ray is required.

She told me the total price was 400.00 USD. I was shocked because I was under the impression of the above quote. Anyway, no complains as my Queen is worth every penny, but I was just surprised.

Anyway, thank you bro/sis. God bless you and your family.

take care and peace

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

"I got my packet in my mail box and proceeded to contact the embassy and the doctors ( Dr. Dogra) for a medical appointement. My medical appointment was on the 21 of january. Had stool, urine, blood and physical checks.This costs me Kshs. 8700 and 1000 shilling , which you pay separately for the chest xray at an appointed centre. The girls at the reception are friendly and are willing to help. It took me 4 hours to complete my tests on that day.

I was given an appointment today for the vaccinations , there are 4 vaccinations for women the MMR Combinatiion ( 3) and HPV . The cervical cancer vaccination ( HPV) is expensive - It costs something like Kshs- 11,600.The total bill (for women) comes to Kshs.21,300. They informed me that i had passed the medical and can go ahead with my interview. The place gets busy during the day so its better to be there early."

This is edited from my previous post on Nairobi thread and if you have children its more - so the price is not different from the 400 dollars . Whta i paid was about 320 dollars

I would advice to go and pick the Packet 3 first and and let her be there as early as possible for the packet 3 as it gets busy

all the best

jaqi

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I finally got hold of the embassy yesterday and transferred me to the Visa Dept. and I asked if my wife could pick up the packet (before I called them, I sent them an email and to my surprise and there was already an answer this morning. That was quick!) and if she needed an appointment, the lady who was kind and nice said no and that I could come pick any M-TR at 8:00am. Then I called Dr. Asuga again to see if Monday was still available. She told me that she had already put me down for Monday @1pm. So I asked what my wife needed to bring with us and she told me that she can provide me with the medical forms for the doc to fill out. She said that she had copies of the med forms. But I still should go to the Consulate right and pick up my packet 3? That's what I am planing to do. My wife goes leaves Mombasa on Sunday and arrives Monday morning and then goes to the Embassy, picks up the packet 3 and then goes to her med exam appointment. Sounds like a plan, right?

Btw, the price is way different than what I had read on the Nairobi threat.

The exam is around $105 but the cost for vaccinations depends on how many he/she needs. $245 is the estimated cost for all, but most pay around $100-$150. It's recommended that you get as many vaccinations before-hand since the Nairobi doctors can be expensive. Also, a chest x-ray is required.

She told me the total price was 400.00 USD. I was shocked because I was under the impression of the above quote. Anyway, no complains as my Queen is worth every penny, but I was just surprised.

Anyway, thank you bro/sis. God bless you and your family.

take care and peace

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Thank you bro/sis. I guess the price is about right then. So Insha Allah she will go there as early as possible. Please keep us in your prayers as we will return the favor. :)

Take care and peace:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.