EdwardK

How Do I Send my Packet to Pakistan? Accepted Couriers

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My lawyer gave me a packet and said I need to send it to US Embassy in Pakistan (this is for my K1 Visa) for my fiance to get an interview. This has her bio, passport copy etc.

However she didn't know what would be the best way to send it. I don't think UPS can deliver there (a family member tried a few months back) I think the embassy doesn't accept it.

I'm wondering if USPS or Fedex would do the job correctly. I cannot afford these papers to get lost as it has original documents and could delay my case for months.

I've tried contacting the embassy but haven't been able to get through to anyone in 3 days. I've also sent emails and checked their website with no results.

This is the address I need to send it to:

Embassy of United States of America

Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5

Islamabad Pakistan

Edited by EdwardK

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My lawyer gave me a packet and said I need to send it to US Embassy in Pakistan (this is for my K1 Visa) for my fiance to get an interview. This has her bio, passport copy etc.

However she didn't know what would be the best way to send it. I don't think UPS can deliver there (a family member tried a few months back) I think the embassy doesn't accept it.

I'm wondering if USPS or Fedex would do the job correctly. I cannot afford these papers to get lost as it has original documents and could delay my case for months.

I've tried contacting the embassy but haven't been able to get through to anyone in 3 days. I've also sent emails and checked their website with no results.

This is the address I need to send it to:

Embassy of United States of America

Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5

Islamabad Pakistan

USPS or DHL would definitely be acceptable but I have no clue why you are sending anything directly to the Embassy. That would be quite unusual.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Well after I got a letter saying my case was approved, my lawyer asked for a copy of my fiance's passport, financial support documents etc.

Then she called me up and told me to send this packet there. The packet is sealed with urgent stamped all over it.

If there's something in the packet you don't want your fiance to see, yes, you may send it directly to the Embassy or Consulate. I would add " Attention: IV unit" to the address.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

Nah it's not that.

Because of the terrible war conditions in her country (Afghanistan) my lawyer decided it would be better to get all the information needed prior to the interview and send it from America. My lawyer told me that my fiance didn't need to sign any of the forms until she went to the embassy of Pakistan because she would need sign infront of an officer. I was actually surprised to here this.

This packet is Packet 3.5 (K-1) which has her passport information and some forms.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

All of these forms should be included in her Packet 3/Information Packet. PLUS more passport pics (of her), proof of on-going relationship, your I-134 and supporting evidence. Has she had her medical?

Here is a link with Embassy Info from Islamabad, Pakistan. Toward the top there is contact information. Ask them how they prefer the package to come.

Also toward the top you will see a link for reviews. Best to have a good read of that before her interview. ;)

Also check out the Regional forums here on VJ.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.