Brettanne

I got 221G - Requesting for my Cenomar/Cemar

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got this form during my Interview last Feb. 25 and requesting me to submit a Cenomar/Cemar for a K3 visa. I dont have idea that that they would require this from me after they've seen my Marriage Cert. authenticated by the NSO. Anyway, I want to get any idea on how long they will re-process my papers or approve my visa after i submit my Cemar. Pls. advice...thanks.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

I got this form during my Interview last Feb. 25 and requesting me to submit a Cenomar/Cemar for a K3 visa. I dont have idea that that they would require this from me after they've seen my Marriage Cert. authenticated by the NSO. Anyway, I want to get any idea on how long they will re-process my papers or approve my visa after i submit my Cemar. Pls. advice...thanks.

Yeah USEM is "hitting up" spouse visa apllicants for CEMAR since they stopped doing document verification.

The sh!tty thing is they don't mention married applicants should have it at their interviews ANYWHERE in the instructions.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Yeah USEM is "hitting up" spouse visa apllicants for CEMAR since they stopped doing document verification.

The sh!tty thing is they don't mention married applicants should have it at their interviews ANYWHERE in the instructions.

You are right because if they include that on the list of requirements there would be no problem. Thanks.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

Correct they do not list it in the requirements and yet sometimes do ask for it. We were asked for it in out interview. I know others were also asked for it. Some were not.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

DID THEY ASK FOR YOUR PASSPORT TO SUBMIT WITH 221G DOCUMENTS..

My Timeline

14/07/2007----Met at Cousins Party (Notre dame, Indiana)

15/07/2007----Started talking (Exchange phone numbers)

31/08/2007----went back to India (For Family Issues)

2/10/2007---- Came Back to USA (Started living together)

12/12/2007----MARRIED in INDIANA,USA

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

23/08/2008---- My wife came to india (stayed 3 months)

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

03/12/2008----Wife went back to USA

17/12/2008----Submit all documents @ VFS jullundher Packet 3.5

28/01/2009----Got interview date Packet 4: Feb 6th

29/01/2009----Went for medical

02/02/2009----GOT medical Report!! (all Fine)

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

28/02/2009---- Submitted 221g Documents with passport

18/03/2009---- Got passport without visa stamped on it

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

STILL UNDER AP!!!!! very Frustated

07/04/2009---- Case tranfered to FPU(fraud prevention unit)

15/06/2009---- Embassy asked me to submit my passport-----confused??

22/06/2009---- Got Visa in Hand

10/07/2009---- POE Denver!

Timeline
DID THEY ASK FOR YOUR PASSPORT TO SUBMIT WITH 221G DOCUMENTS..

Yap they ask for my passport to submit it along with my Cenomar

Correct they do not list it in the requirements and yet sometimes do ask for it. We were asked for it in out interview. I know others were also asked for it. Some were not.

Did you present your Cenomar/Cemar during the Interview?

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,..I know!!!! my husband was given 221g too from USEM manila..but they didn't ask4 cenomar..they asked for I-864 and NBI again..

CENOMAR is Certificate of no Marriage both you and your spouse get before you marry each other.. I think others are not aware of this because they had a church wedding.. We had a Civil Wedding by a Judge and he required us to get a CENMAR before we could marry..this was 2007.

I think you have to submit the required additional docus ASAP... we are lucky to not get an AP or reinterview.. My husband had his interview march4 and he will submit the additional docus this week in USEM...YOu have to submit that ASAP..

Good lUck I hope we get our visas soon...

ticker.png

ticker.png

Hi,..I know!!!! my husband was given 221g too from USEM manila..but they didn't ask4 cenomar..they asked for I-864 and NBI again..

CENOMAR is Certificate of no Marriage both you and your spouse get before you marry each other.. I think others are not aware of this because they had a church wedding.. We had a Civil Wedding by a Judge and he required us to get a CENMAR before we could marry..this was 2007.

I think you have to submit the required additional docus ASAP... we are lucky to not get an AP or reinterview.. My husband had his interview march4 and he will submit the additional docus this week in USEM...YOu have to submit that ASAP..

Why did they ask for NBI again?

Edited by CaNdiD wiTcH

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

They asked him for another NBI with the same name but different spelling of middle name: ex:

John Wane Smith

John Whane Smith they asked for this

I guess we will just give what they are asking for...

:)

ticker.png

ticker.png

Weird.. :wacko:

They asked him for another NBI with the same name but different spelling of middle name: ex:

John Wane Smith

John Whane Smith they asked for this

I guess we will just give what they are asking for...

:)

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

Thanks for the advices. I got my visa in 5 days after submitting my cenomar. Goodluck to everyone!

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING UR VISA NOW..THAT'S AWESOME!! that lessens my worries..

Thanks for the advices. I got my visa in 5 days after submitting my cenomar. Goodluck to everyone!

The hardest part that I had to do in my life is to leave you behind and make u wait..until we meet again!!!

jtbygm4jwd.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for this thread. I have the same problem now. My interview will be on April 2, 2009 and it is only today, March 29 (Sunday!) that I learned that I need to have it during the interview. I do fully agree with you that none of the documents we received from them say that we need it. That is really unfair. My husband and I now just had a fight because of this. He insists that I should have prepared for it earlier, but how cold I if I didn't know it is needed. Hay, anyway, it is a relief that you posted here that you did get your visa only 5 days after giving them your CENMAR. Thanks for sharing us your experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.