martinbr

emailing ds-3032

4 posts in this topic

I was told by NVC that if I email the ds-3032 to my wife's email address in the philippines. She can fill out the choice of agent and just send it to the NVC from there thru email. Is this right? I think she would get fouled up and do it wrong. Her english is very poor. And just for her to get down to a internet site would be really tough. I would be afraid she would do something wrong.

So I was thinking if I could just get the ds-3032 form from the NVC website, I could email it myself. I was told that she wouldn't have to sign it but they would go by her email address. But it would be sent from the states. Is this legal to do? Would they check a IP address? I was told by NVC that by doing it this way she wouldn't have to sign it and this would save a lot of time since I am mailing my I-864 tommorow.

The safer way would be for her to just sign the ds-3032 that they sent to her and have it sent to me so I could send it off.

any ideas?

thanks,

martinbr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Your wife can send email to NVC. It is not that hard. Here is the sample email copy that you can fill out and tell your wife to email or you can email from her email address. Its very easy and it will take about 1-2 weeks for them to accept your email so hang in there till you hear from them. You will.

Sample Letter:

DS-3032 Email Format

To: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: <NVC Case#, Beneficiary’s Full Name and Date of Birth>

Body

NVC Case#: #####

USCIS Receipt#: #####

Petitioner's Name: #####

Petitioner's Date of Birth: #####

Beneficiary's Name: #####

Beneficiary's Date of Birth: #####

Re: Declaration of the Choice of Address and Agent for Immigration Visa applicant

To whom it may concern:

My name is <Beneficiary’s full name> and my visa case# is <NVC Case#>. Per the DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants), I would like to appoint my spouse as my agent of choice to receive all future correspondence from the U.S. Department of State. My spouse’s contact information is provided below:

Name: <Petitioner’s Full name>

Address: <Petitioner’s U.S Address>

Phone: <Petitioner’s best contact number>

Email: <Petitioner’s email address>

All the mails from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigrant visa application should be sent to the address above.

If you have any questions or concerns on the above matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at <Beneficiary’s phone number> or at the address specified below.

Thanks

<Beneficiary’s Full name>

<Beneficiary’s Address>

<Beneficiary’s Phone number>

<Beneficiary’s Email address>

I hope this helps...let me know if you have any questions.

CR-1 Visa filed @ Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

Marriage : 2007-12-05

USCIS

01-11-2008 I-130 Mailed

09-11-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC:

9-16-08: NVC Received case from USCIS

02-19-09 Left NVC to BOM Consulate

BOM Consulate:

03-05-09 Interview Date

03-05-09 Visa Received (Yes Finally!!!!)

POE

03-09-2009: POE- New York

03-11-2009: Applied for SSN

03-17-2009: Received SSN

03-25-2009: Applied for Driver Licence

03-30-2009: Received Driver Licence

03-23-2009: Received "Welcome Letter"

03-30-2009: Green Card Received

USCIS I-751 Process

12-24-2010 Applied for Condition Removal

xx-xx-2011 NOA receipt date

xx-xx-2011 Biometrics appointment (Fingerprints)

xx-xx-2011 Interview

xx-xx-2011 Approval Notice

xx-xx-2011 Green Card Mailed (Approved for 10 years)

USCIS N-400 Process

12-22-2011 Applied for Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Or you could just type in everything into the form above yourself (by waitingforever) and e-mail it to your wife, and then she can just email it herself. That way she wouldn't even have to type anything, all she'd do is copy and paste everything into a new email, and send it. Hope this helps! It'll take between 5 days-2 weeks for them to accept it, so don't worry if you don't hear anything right away.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I was told by NVC that if I email the ds-3032 to my wife's email address in the philippines. She can fill out the choice of agent and just send it to the NVC from there thru email. Is this right? I think she would get fouled up and do it wrong. Her english is very poor. And just for her to get down to a internet site would be really tough. I would be afraid she would do something wrong.

So I was thinking if I could just get the ds-3032 form from the NVC website, I could email it myself. I was told that she wouldn't have to sign it but they would go by her email address. But it would be sent from the states. Is this legal to do? Would they check a IP address? I was told by NVC that by doing it this way she wouldn't have to sign it and this would save a lot of time since I am mailing my I-864 tommorow.

The safer way would be for her to just sign the ds-3032 that they sent to her and have it sent to me so I could send it off.

any ideas?

thanks,

martinbr

They will not trace the IP address...but make sure that the email is sent from your wife's email account (particularly the email address that the NVC will have on file for her.)

Catie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.