trinity025

medical examination for AOS interview

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am scheduled to have my AOS interview on April 7. My question is, since I had my medical examination in the Philippines and had submitted everything to the immigration officer at my port of entry, what do I need to bring for my interview? When we filed for my I-485 we just submitted my vaccination worksheet DS 3025 and a copy from the Dept. of Health PA of my Tdap vaccination (the only thing I didn't have back home). We didn't get any RFEs. Now I am confused if I need to see a civil surgeon to get a I-693a? Thanks. Hope you can enlighten me on this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you are interviewed they may request an I-693 vaccination record to be brought to the interview.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

As YuandDan mentioned the correct form now is the I-693. We were approved with just the DS-3025, but having the I-693 may depend upon the Interviewing Officer (IO).

Many VJers use Dr. Arnold from Texas for the I-693. She only charges US $30: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178611

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone. I am scheduled to have my AOS interview on April 7. My question is, since I had my medical examination in the Philippines and had submitted everything to the immigration officer at my port of entry, what do I need to bring for my interview? When we filed for my I-485 we just submitted my vaccination worksheet DS 3025 and a copy from the Dept. of Health PA of my Tdap vaccination (the only thing I didn't have back home). We didn't get any RFEs. Now I am confused if I need to see a civil surgeon to get a I-693a? Thanks. Hope you can enlighten me on this.

You should have a copy of what was submitted during the K1 process and bring it with you for the AOS interview. Also, see a civil surgeon for the I-693. It does not hurt to have one. If the immigration officer finds everything in order, what more can they ask for? Most immigration officer (interviewer) are very detailed because that is what they are there for. I-693 is one very important document, so go get one :).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
How about Affidavit of Support; do we need to prepare one again? We already submitted one when we applied for I-485 last July 2008. Do we need to do it again?

You have to go person. I dont remember exactly what kind of vaccination that you still have to get or you may not need to get more vaccination. The Civil Surgeon should know what to give you. But, be sure you know what vaccination you already have because there are surgeon that will tell you, you need to get more, because they want your money. The more services you get from them the more money they get. Good if you find one that does not take advantage, which I hope you will find. If you were given the complete vaccination that you are supposed to get at the St. Luke's, then you just need the I-693 from the Civil Surgen. When I had mine, some of the vaccination were not available so I have to get it here.

Re the Affidavit of Support, a copy of the one you submitted for AOS filing will be good. You don't need to make a new one.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey trinity! I am preparing the paperwork for AOS right now, too and been reading a lot about the medical exam or just pass my DS-3025 that I got from St Luke's in the Phils. without bothering with the I-693, and realized that it's a hit and miss sort of thing so I thought better of seeing a USCIS authorized civil surgeon and have my I-693 signed than having to expect to get an RFE and cause delay on my application.

I wanted to see a local surgeon so could have it all done cheaper but didn't want that risk too instead I called in several doctors on USCIS' list around the area and the cheapest I could find is $126! plus more depending on what vaccines I still may need to take. I hear a lot that they add those you don't really need and you end up paying so much more! I was told that I needed tetanus shot too but that's not required by the USCIS and that's an additional $45 for them! So, gotta be really careful with that and read all related docs on USCIS site!

Goodluck on your interview!

Thank you so much for your reply. When we filed for our I-485 we just submitted the DS-3025 and didn't get any RFEs. Since I am going for an interview (and my case was kinda complicated), I guess I still have to see a civil surgeon for that. I have all the vaccines needed (and tetanus shot too). So I think the only thing I need is for the civil surgeon to "validate" my DS-3025 to get an I-693a. Am I understanding the procedure right?

Thank you so much for your reply. When we filed for our I-485 we just submitted the DS-3025 and didn't get any RFEs. Since I am going for an interview (and my case was kinda complicated), I guess I still have to see a civil surgeon for that. I have all the vaccines needed (and tetanus shot too). So I think the only thing I need is for the civil surgeon to "validate" my DS-3025 to get an I-693a. Am I understanding the procedure right?

You understand some correctly, the civil will transcribe the DS-3025 to the I-693, not I-693a. But, many civil surgeons say that you need a physical to get the I-693. If they do find another civil surgeon. That is why many VJers call Dr. Arnold and mail a copy of the DS-3025. The link I posted earlier has the phone number.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

I've read somewhere that I-693A is not used anymore for the vaccination update but the I-693 and the civil surgeon will just fill out the vaccination part. Is it true? I am confused. Does the doctor supply the form or do I have to bring it to him?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

u know im a bit confused whether its a requirement or not upon aos processing to get a hepa a or b vaccine. i know its listed to the vaccination chart but my point is, is this required BY THE uscis for immigration proccesses or its mainly a vaccination u can get if u want protection, like HPV.

is this some type of vaccine that would make the uscis aos interviewer hold my papers and not approve it if he see that i didnt get a shot of it

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.