Vera__

What is there's no CEMAR?

10 posts in this topic

My interview is on March 11 and I just found out last week that I need to present a CEMAR during the interview. There's no CEMAR in the list of requirements for the CR1 visa interview. Anyway, I applied for a CEMAR Friday and I was told that it will be released after 10 working days. That means I'd be able to get it on March 13, two days after my interview date.

So what happens if there's no CEMAR? Can I present something else in lieu of it?

Also, is it perfectly OK if my husband is with me during the interview?

Thanks!

Visit our blog at Living Together Blog

Visit our son's blog at Raising Daniel

Visit our business website at Bay Area Internet Marketing

-------

March 11, 2009 - My first medical exam appointment

March 17, 2009 - Sputum tests (no, seriously!)

May 22, 2009 - Got notice that my sputum test result is available

May 29, 2009 - Got my sputum test results in person - NEGATIVE

June 8, 2009 - Visa Interview

June 11, 2009 - Received my visa

July 26, 2009 - Departure to SFO

a CENMAR is the same as the CENOMAR. The CENOMAR is certificate of no marriage, The CENMAR is certificate of marriage. It is the same document. If you got a CENOMAR before you got married you will need a CENMAR from NSO showing your marriage is registered. Take your CENOMAR with you and if asked tell them the CENMAR is in process. Also it is fine to bring your husband to the interview it is actually encouraged. However some CO won't let your husband go to the booth with you it is depending on the CO.

Edited by MMW

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

My interview is on March 11 and I just found out last week that I need to present a CEMAR during the interview. There's no CEMAR in the list of requirements for the CR1 visa interview. Anyway, I applied for a CEMAR Friday and I was told that it will be released after 10 working days. That means I'd be able to get it on March 13, two days after my interview date.

So what happens if there's no CEMAR? Can I present something else in lieu of it?

Thanks!

If you know anyone from NSO, she/he can probably expedite it for you, ask your relatives for connections. I was told the same thing about my NSO certified annulment docs, but when I found an insider, i was able to get in 3 days.

Please let us know how your interview went.

Godbless

Thanks!

If you know anyone from NSO, she/he can probably expedite it for you, ask your relatives for connections. I was told the same thing about my NSO certified annulment docs, but when I found an insider, i was able to get in 3 days.

Please let us know how your interview went.

Godbless

The title of this thread should have read, "What IF there's no CEMAR"

Anyway, thanks guys. Yes we know some people at the NSO but they can't expedite it for us. People here (Iloilo) seem to be more principled and that's OK.

I'll just explain that my CEMAR is being processed and "to follow" if allowed. Hopefully, it won't be a big issue.

Visit our blog at Living Together Blog

Visit our son's blog at Raising Daniel

Visit our business website at Bay Area Internet Marketing

-------

March 11, 2009 - My first medical exam appointment

March 17, 2009 - Sputum tests (no, seriously!)

May 22, 2009 - Got notice that my sputum test result is available

May 29, 2009 - Got my sputum test results in person - NEGATIVE

June 8, 2009 - Visa Interview

June 11, 2009 - Received my visa

July 26, 2009 - Departure to SFO

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks!

Order your CEMAR online thru this website

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

Good luck!

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

The title of this thread should have read, "What IF there's no CEMAR"

Anyway, thanks guys. Yes we know some people at the NSO but they can't expedite it for us. People here (Iloilo) seem to be more principled and that's OK.

I'll just explain that my CEMAR is being processed and "to follow" if allowed. Hopefully, it won't be a big issue.

Chances are you will be asked to come back to submit your CEMAR.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
OT: is cenomar still needed if you've been married before? i'm annulled and will have my interview soon. just checkin out though...

Live your life with arms wide open, Today is where my book begins, The rest is still unwritten..

qhBVm7.png

OT: is cenomar still needed if you've been married before? i'm annulled and will have my interview soon. just checkin out though...

Yes. You also need your annotated marriage certificate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
a CENMAR is the same as the CENOMAR. The CENOMAR is certificate of no marriage, The CENMAR is certificate of marriage. It is the same document. If you got a CENOMAR before you got married you will need a CENMAR from NSO showing your marriage is registered. Take your CENOMAR with you and if asked tell them the CENMAR is in process. Also it is fine to bring your husband to the interview it is actually encouraged. However some CO won't let your husband go to the booth with you it is depending on the CO.

Do you have idea how long they will re-process my papers or approve my visa after i submit my Cenomar? I already had my interview last feb. 25, 2009 and they ask me to submit cenomar/cemar. Other said, it would take 3 months, is it true? Thanks

Yes. You also need your annotated marriage certificate.

Do you have idea how long they will re-process my papers or approve my visa after i submit my Cenomar? I already had my interview last feb. 25, 2009 and they ask me to submit cenomar/cemar. Other said, it would take 3 months, is it true? Thanks

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.