Dai.

I've been living in Vietnam for little over a year.

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

wow thats a nice place. Her family has a place that was a hotel and they converted to a home. It's Really nice. So We will stay there. Her sister also owns two other properties. So if things get tight we might have the opportunity to live in one of those. I might hit you up and see about the other school if its close to where I will be. Thanks. Love the videos on youtube :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
wow! good luck

Thanks. I got the job.

That's awesome. I'm heading back over in 3 weeks and I will have an interview with a company fixing computers and at an English school that my fiances - friends daughter works at. I'm ready for a change. I think no matter where you go there is corruption. Right now in the. U.S. - there are so many theories and and conspiracies that I don't know what to believe. When in doubt, leave town :D

Thanks.

If the computer gig doesn't work out you can make a living teaching English. The Language School I'm currently at paid up today. They didn't screw around with me and the amount was right, so I'd recommend them. I'm sticking with both jobs at least the next couple of weeks.

You got a place yet? The place we got is pretty sweet for the money and the landlords appear to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SIacmYK7iw

heys guys, do you know any openings in teaching english that you can recommend? i want to go back and teach myself but i dont know any place in HCM. any place would be fine, Im sick of the US :blink:

IWEP and ELS (the same people own both) is where I'm at. They have sites all over the city. I can give you the contact info if you need it. Don't bother calling though. You need to go in and talk to them. If they like you you'll be hired on the spot. The pay averages $15 an hour. Do you have a college degree and a TEFL or TESOL degree?

Edited by Joe Six-Pack

Timeline
wow thats a nice place. Her family has a place that was a hotel and they converted to a home. It's Really nice. So We will stay there. Her sister also owns two other properties. So if things get tight we might have the opportunity to live in one of those. I might hit you up and see about the other school if its close to where I will be. Thanks. Love the videos on youtube :)

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
wow! good luck

Thanks. I got the job.

That's awesome. I'm heading back over in 3 weeks and I will have an interview with a company fixing computers and at an English school that my fiances - friends daughter works at. I'm ready for a change. I think no matter where you go there is corruption. Right now in the. U.S. - there are so many theories and and conspiracies that I don't know what to believe. When in doubt, leave town :D

Thanks.

If the computer gig doesn't work out you can make a living teaching English. The Language School I'm currently at paid up today. They didn't screw around with me and the amount was right, so I'd recommend them. I'm sticking with both jobs at least the next couple of weeks.

You got a place yet? The place we got is pretty sweet for the money and the landlords appear to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SIacmYK7iw

heys guys, do you know any openings in teaching english that you can recommend? i want to go back and teach myself but i dont know any place in HCM. any place would be fine, Im sick of the US :blink:

IWEP and ELS (the same people own both) is where I'm at. They have sites all over the city. I can give you the contact info if you need it. Don't bother calling though. You need to go in and talk to them. If they like you you'll be hired on the spot. The pay averages $15 an hour. Do you have a college degree and a TEFL or TESOL degree?

hi Joe, accounting degree but no TEFL or TESOL degree

Visa Journey

CR-1 Visa Journey

11/07/08 ............Married

02/13/09 ............I-130 sent

02/16/09 ............I-130 delivered

02/23/09.............NOA1

02/24/09.............Touched

02/28/09............ NOA1 Hard Copy

03/25/09.............NOA2

03/30/09.............NOA2 Hard Copy

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

04/17/09.............DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

04/17/09.............DS-3032 sent (email+mail)

04/17/09.............AOS PAID (online)

04/20/09.............AOS package sent

04/20/09.............DS-3032 accepted

04/22/09.............IV Fee bill generated

04/22/09.............IV bill PAID (online)

04/27/09.............DS-230 sent to NVC

04/30/09.............Case under Final Review

05/07/09.............RFE (Ques 20 DS-230)

05/09/09.............Resend DS-230

05/13/09.............DS-230 Received and Under Review

05/20/09.............Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

06-08-09.............Case Arrived at Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

06-22-09.............Medical Exam

07-29-09.............Visa Interview

07-29-09.............Visa Approved

08-05-09.............Visa in Hand

08-24-09.............POE - (San Francisco, California)

09-04-09.............Green Card Arrived in Mail

12-04-09.............SSN Card Arrived in Mail

.png

If anyone plans to go over there and wants to make decent and secure living, I know a place offering good paid jobs with literally NO required degree whatsoever.............................the Central Post Office.

You stand in front of the postage vending machines and stick your tongues out whenever a customer's in need of stamps. Due to the bad and sinking economy, the Vietnamese government can no longer provide free water so customers can wet their stamps. I've heard the pay is minimum at $15/hour and FULL time with lots of overtime if your tongue can stand the workload!

Have a nice and wonderful life in Vietnam, a hidden paradise not yet discovered by the Western civilization!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Isn't it rather interesting that this thread has made a U-turn somewhere along the line? First, we were talking about getting the hell out of Vietnam, now we're talking about moving to Vietnam. OK, who's the highjacker?

Timeline
Isn't it rather interesting that this thread has made a U-turn somewhere along the line? First, we were talking about getting the hell out of Vietnam, now we're talking about moving to Vietnam. OK, who's the highjacker?

:whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.