windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! :star::dance: :dance: :star:

I heard from Mari and we are approved! In fact ALL the VJers were approved today! Seems like February is "Clear The Backlog!" month. :lol:

Congrats to all the new Visa holders!!

Mari said her interview was very easy. The final interviewer was nice and friendly. He even allowed her to arrange for Visa pick-up at the embassy. Sometimes things can go just as you hope.

Also, Mari had a great time at the dinner the night before. She really enjoyed being in such a warm and friendly group!! I wish I could have been there and lifted a glass with all of you. Thanks Gary for hosting!! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

Mari and I are so grateful for this site and the great contributions from so many people. We couldn't have done this without ya!!

Eric :D

Congratulations, Eric and Mari!!!! Whooohooo! :star: Mari, Anna and Fel came by to Jinky's hotel yesterday and they all had a good visit. She says Mari is so beautiful with her dimples and smile! I hope if you guys are ever in the area down here, we can all visit. :star:

I'm so happy for all of us and what a great idea it was for the meetup! Special thanks to Gary and Luz and PW (Cora) for making it unforgettable! :star:

Many many thanks to everyone here for being here during this journey. We sometimes butt heads when it comes to differences of opinions, but it always felt like I could count on you guys whenever I needed advice or encouragement with this process. Just a few names I feel I need to mention that have been invaluable with that regard - PW (You are the bread and butter of this thread!), Sherif Uling (without your guidance, we'd all be outlaws! :P) - can't wait for us to get together, Gary and Luz (your early charts of NOA's kept us all from going completely insane and helped us make our cases when we had to resort to contacting our congressman or senator), Annie (for always being upbeat and encouraging). There are many more who've been generous with their kindness and support - Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And to those of you who are coming up with your NOA2's and interviews - I'm here for you! :star:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

We confirmed earlier this week that the embassy has the pics and passports...so now we are checking delbros daily to watch for changes. I hope they decide to review those quick and they are not going to sit on someones desk for weeks. Yes Cebu has International airport...it is nice ...i fly in there rather than deal with manila. We'll keep you posted on the AR...it "should" be a quick one!

Jazzy

wow, they have an international airport in cebu? that's great, less hassle for them to switch airports (domestic to international). so how's everything jazzy? any word if the embassy received your pics for the AR?

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

I heard from Mari and we are approved! In fact ALL the VJers were approved today! Seems like February is "Clear The Backlog!" month. :lol:

Mari said her interview was very easy. The final interviewer was nice and friendly. He even allowed her to arrange for Visa pick-up at the embassy. Sometimes things can go just as you hope.

Also, Mari had a great time at the dinner the night before. She really enjoyed being in such a warm and friendly group!! I wish I could have been there and lifted a glass with all of you. Thanks Gary for hosting!! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

Mari and I are so grateful for this site and the great contributions from so many people. We couldn't have done this without ya!!

Congratulations, Eric and Mari! I am so happy for you both!

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

Hi,

We confirmed earlier this week that the embassy has the pics and passports...so now we are checking delbros daily to watch for changes. I hope they decide to review those quick and they are not going to sit on someones desk for weeks. Yes Cebu has International airport...it is nice ...i fly in there rather than deal with manila. We'll keep you posted on the AR...it "should" be a quick one!

Jazzy

wow, they have an international airport in cebu? that's great, less hassle for them to switch airports (domestic to international). so how's everything jazzy? any word if the embassy received your pics for the AR?

Good too know that is all they asked for! I hope your AR is lifted soon!

Congratulations, Eric and Mari!!!! Whooohooo! :star: Mari, Anna and Fel came by to Jinky's hotel yesterday and they all had a good visit. She says Mari is so beautiful with her dimples and smile! I hope if you guys are ever in the area down here, we can all visit. :star:

I'm so happy for all of us and what a great idea it was for the meetup! Special thanks to Gary and Luz and PW (Cora) for making it unforgettable! :star:

Many many thanks to everyone here for being here during this journey. We sometimes butt heads when it comes to differences of opinions, but it always felt like I could count on you guys whenever I needed advice or encouragement with this process. Just a few names I feel I need to mention that have been invaluable with that regard - PW (You are the bread and butter of this thread!), Sherif Uling (without your guidance, we'd all be outlaws! :P) - can't wait for us to get together, Gary and Luz (your early charts of NOA's kept us all from going completely insane and helped us make our cases when we had to resort to contacting our congressman or senator), Annie (for always being upbeat and encouraging). There are many more who've been generous with their kindness and support - Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And to those of you who are coming up with your NOA2's and interviews - I'm here for you! :star:

Laguna Beach is a nice city, i have been there many times! Not far from me also!

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Sorry I missed last night's gathering, I waited for the delivery of my visa and delbros knocked on my door at 6:50 pm so it's too late for me to get to you guys alam nyo naman taga bundok ang lola nyo sa (Novaliches pa)

PW, please update my list, i got my visa yesterday and to all those under AR, be patient it will be out soon. Don't believe the people at the visa call center they'll tell you due to the heavy volume of visas under review it may take 1 to 3 mos before visa will be blah blah blah i think the best thing to do is request your american fiance to write his congressman it helped me.

Good luck everyone I'l be leaving on thurs, to finally join my BIBE for our journey together. Salamat sa lahat especially PW.

Glenda

Arrival in the US 02-22-07

Married 04-05-07

Filed AOS/EAD 04-25-07 (priority mail)

Received at Chicago lockbox 04-28-07

Check encashed 05-02-07

Received biometrics letter 05-10-07

Biometrics sked 06-1-07 @ Charlotte, NC

Transferred to CSC 06-01-07

CRIS email confirming transfer to CSC 06-08-07

Touched 06-10-07 (Someone is working on a sunday)

EAD approval 7-9 (CRIS email received 7-14)

AOS 1st touched 7-17 pm since transfer to CSC

AOS 2nd touched 7-18 am

AOS 3rd touched 7-19 around 9am then around 12:48 CRIS email came AOS card prodution!

AOS 4th touched 7-20 9:27am Welcome letter

AOS welcome letter in the mail 7/21

EAD card received 7/21

Green card received 7/26

Immigration free till 7/18/09

I-751

Sent application 04-18-09

Check cashed on 04-22-09

Received on 05-05-09

Received Bio Sked 05-14-09

Bio Schedule 06-01-09

And then the wait.....

*** ps didn't apply for SS id or driver's permit not until 8 days before my I-94 expired and was told to wait for my EAD or greencard which ever comes first huh!

*** apply for SSS, driver's license passed 7/23

Malditang Pinay

www.maldita12.blogspot.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Jinky just called me...I'm bawling my eyes out here at my work...the visa was approved!!! (F)(L)

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Thank you everyone for all your help, comraderie and support!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Will your sweetie be leaving soon to be with you? Don't worry about the crying, sometimes we just need to clean out our tear ducts. LOL

May God bless you both.

Dean

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Have a safe trip and a happy life.

Laguna Beach is a nice city, i have been there many times! Not far from me also!

Hi Vic! Hope your AR gets lifted soon! Any word on what they need from you?

They have not asked for anything from us (that is good news i hope)

I was told just doing nomal checks of her only.

But if anyone as any good advice it would be nice.

Fish and I have been sending PM's about thier case.

I need too check who is our congressman in the San Diego area.

Maybe with any luck our case will not take as long as they say.

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Timeline
Good luck to oakwell, MikeandJennie and 2hearts on Tuesday, Feb. 20 :thumbs:

Many happy updates today :dance: Please don't forget to report back on visa delivery.

WHEW!!! What a week that was!!!

Thanks for the good luck PW for Tuesday. Congrats to everyone who got approved this week and thoughts and prayers for an early resolution to those couples still in AR. I'm heading out to the airport in a few hours and early Sunday I will be re-united with my baby. Allelujah, almost there.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline

Congrats, and best wishes to all that has passed the interview and all the upcoming interviews. I think you guys are wonderful and I like reading all the excitement as each and everyone go thru this process. I want to issue a special "Thanks to PW..." You have really kept this family together.

When your interview is over will you be leaving VJ? I hope not there will be so many others that need your knowledge. :thumbs::yes:(F)(F)(F)(F)

Also, don't worry about the 13th, it is only 2 numbers with no real meaning.

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Chicago / Tuguegarao City

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow! February 16 was a happy day for many VJ people. Congratulations and best wishes to all who received their Visa approvals and interview dates!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

PW, Pls update our timeline...We got our appointment schedule yesterday....

Medical: April 20, 2007

Interview: April 27, 2007

Thanks Sis!

BTW, Congratulations to all who make it in today's & yesterday's interview!

Marie

May 2007 - arrived in Texas

June 2007 - our "big day"

November 2007 - 2-yr GC received

December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will post this information in hope that maybe it will help someone else that will be wanting to obtain a Florida Drivers License and is new to the USA and Florida: To get a learners license to drive, you must take a 4 hour course online dealing with the use of drugs and alcohol abuse when operating a motor vehicle http://www.myfirstlicense.com/mfl/index.aspx. The cost of this course is $25. There is a 20 question test that must be completed prior to issuance of the test. The study guide can be picked up at your local drivers examination office. They require that you bring your passport, Visa and I-94. The process is actually pretty simple. To obtain your permanent divers license, another written test and actual driving test is required.

Jinky just called me...I'm bawling my eyes out here at my work...the visa was approved!!! (F)(L)

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Thank you everyone for all your help, comraderie and support!

Congrats Steven and Jinky! :dance:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.