windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Hey can you check out my interview checklist. This is what we will have with us.

Interview Appointment Letter original and 1 copy.

Valid photo ID (NBI badge) and 1 copy.

Passport copy (St. Luke’s took the original during the medical and sent to the Embassy).

Original NSO Birth Certificate, original and 1 copy.

CENOMAR original and 1 copy.

NBI Clearance with "For US Travel" or "For Travel Abroad" stamp and thumbprint, original and 1 copy.

Passport-sized photos (2 in addition to those on the DS-156 forms).

VISA Application Forms

- DS-156 (2 completed and signed forms with photos glued on, and 1 copy).

- DS-156K (2 completed and signed forms, and 1 copy). DO NOT SIGN BEFORE INTERVIEW!

- DS-157 (2 completed and signed form – 1 must be stamped with BPI payment, and 1 copy).

- DS-230, part 1 (2 completed and signed forms, and 1 copy).

I-134F Affidavit of Support form (notarized), 2 originals with copies.

Supporting documentation for I-134F (affidavit of support folder)

- Fiancé employment letter (2 originals with copies).

- Fiancé last 3 years income tax forms (copies of 1040 form).

- Copies of last 3 years W-2 forms.

- Bank statements for last 3 months. (NOT REQUIRED)

- SIX (6) MONTHS OF PAYSTUBS (MISSING)

- Bank letter showing date account opened, deposits for last year and current balance.

USCIS I-797C Notice of Approval original and 1 copy.

NVC letter original and 1 copy (this will show spelling error too).

New letter of intent from each of me, signed and dated.

Copy of original I-129F packet with original receipts, etc.

Evidence of ongoing relationship

- Pictures

- Snail mail cards and letters

- Chat logs

- Emails

- Phone records

- Engagement ring receipt

- Receipts and ticket stubs from second trip in October

- Records of Western Union and XOOM money transfers.

Did I leave anything out ??????????????????? :hehe:

Gary505:

1. You are not required to submit any bank statements.

2. However, we did submit six (6) months of paystubs for which you are missing from your list.

3. Please be sure that your pictures are not copies. The USE only accept original pictures. For example, my wife and I made copies of our online photo album on paper for which the USE did not accept. Lucking we also brought our photo album that was accepted and reviewed by the CO and returned subsequent to the interview.

4. I also noticed that you stated the NVC letter has a typo. Did the USE mis-spell your fiancee's name on any of the corespondence with your fiancee? If so, please have your fiancee address that with the CO, and/or call the USE at your earliest convenience to ensure that error is not translated onto the Visa. If this is the case, it's imperative that your fiancee's name on the Visa is correct. Traveling with a misprint on a Visa will endeed cause you unnecessary heartache that you will not need.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - The USE will take one complete copy of your I-134 Affidavit of Support and back-up because only one is required per visa applicant, but do take both copies.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey can you check out my interview checklist. This is what we will have with us.

Passport copy (St. Luke’s took the original during the medical and sent to the Embassy).

NBI Clearance with "For US Travel" or "For Travel Abroad" stamp and thumbprint, original and 1 copy.

VISA Application Forms

- DS-156K (2 completed and signed forms, and 1 copy). DO NOT SIGN BEFORE INTERVIEW!

- DS-157 (2 completed and signed form – 1 must be stamped with BPI payment, and 1 copy).

- Bank letter showing date account opened, deposits for last year and current balance.

- Pictures

- Chat logs

- Emails

- Phone records

Gary505:

2. However, we did submit six (6) months of paystubs for which you are missing from your list.

3. Please be sure that your pictures are not copies. The USE only accept original pictures. For example, my wife and I made copies of our online photo album on paper for which the USE did not accept. Lucking we also brought our photo album that was accepted and reviewed by the CO and returned subsequent to the interview.

4. I also noticed that you stated the NVC letter has a typo. Did the USE mis-spell your fiancee's name on any of the corespondence with your fiancee? If so, please have your fiancee address that with the CO, and/or call the USE at your earliest convenience to ensure that error is not translated onto the Visa. If this is the case, it's imperative that your fiancee's name on the Visa is correct. Traveling with a misprint on a Visa will endeed cause you unnecessary heartache that you will not need.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - The USE will take one complete copy of your I-134 Affidavit of Support and back-up because only one is required per visa applicant, but do take both copies.

if your self employed like i am you have to have bank statements plus a letter from the bank showing your in good standing

and if you file your taxes monthly and or quartely that will help also.

Updating list to welcome Kim Tung and to add interview date of dims1. Congrats, dims1!!!

Amerikano, call the NVC!!! They may have scheduled the CR-1 interview for your wife too. At any rate, during K3 interview, your wife should ask consul if the physical file for CR is already at the embassy. She can opt to interview for CR-1 instead and abandon K3.

Thanks so much for the note--On the CR-1 the case is not yet complete at NVC (had an RFE on my wife's security clearance from working in Jordan). So I am counting on the K3 to bring Marivic to me, then do an AOS here. As long as she is here with me that's the only thing that matters. Thanks for the note, PW, and I want to say you are a great help to all of us.

Gary

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

VISA Application Forms

- Pictures

- Chat logs

- Emails

- Phone records

Gary505:

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

if your self employed like i am you have to have bank statements plus a letter from the bank showing your in good standing

and if you file your taxes monthly and or quartely that will help also.

I am self-employed also. I furnished my wife with 12 months bank statements (personal and business accounts). 2005 Tax returns, letter from banks, copy of business license, professional license and copy of articles of incorporation. It might have been a bit of an overkill, but the interviewer took everything she brought with her.

Oh, and Marivic finished her medical with no problems by 2 pm (she went at 4:30 am) yesterday. She just has to pick up x-ray and have one immunization at 9 am. One down and one big one to go next Tuesday. Good luck to all...

Gary

Timeline
(oh, and the waiver is the 2nd petition waiver).

S&T

Second petition waiver? Why would you need that at the interview? Didn't the USCIS already cover that with the IMBRA form? Once they approve you I thought it was no longer any issue.

Yea, thats what my understanding was also...I dont see how it could/should have been an issue now. My understanding is that issues should not arise from information that has already been presented and known at the initial processing level....in this case when I sent in the imbra form for the RFE that we all received. Hoping this is quick, but the way this has went so far, i cant help but worry about it.

S&T

Wolf, I just saw your posts. My goodness! What in the world? Please help us to understand what happened. I also got approved on a waiver, but I didn't receive any formal waiver from USCIS. My waiver request was approved and USCIS issued an NOA2 approving my visa request. What waiver did the CO see? I wouldn't think it would be an issue for CO as it was a USCIS process/document prior to approval.

How did your fiancee submit a waiver to the CO? Or do you mean that the CO pulled your waiver from the file in front of your fiancee? Had the consulate never seen a waiver before? I actually think mine was the first waiver ever approved, but our interview was delayed because of an over-cautious nurse at St. Luke's.

Hang in there and best of luck. I understand what you are going through as I was all ready to receive Lilia on January 6, but am not waiting for re-interview on Feb 26.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

:dance::dance: GOT OUR INTERVIEW DATE!!! :dance: :dance:

Mike

woo hooo! congrats!! :dance:

abt the medical, they don't make appts 4 cr1/ir1, she can go anytime just take her appt letter w/her. again, we're almost there! :dance:

115826537339028.gif

CSC

2006-06-22 I-130 sent to TSC

2006-07-24 received NOA1 from CSC.

2006-09-06 I-130 petition approved!

NVC

2006-09-25 NVC case # assigned

2006-10-02 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

2006-10-03 Sent AOS fee overnight. emailed agent of choice.

2006-10-04 AOS payment delivered

2006-10-05 Received email confirmation of agent of choice

2006-10-06 NVC posts AOS fee payment

2006-10-09 IV Fee Bill generated

2006-10-12 Affidavit of Support package sent overnight USPS

2006-10-21 IV Fee Bill received

2006-10-23 IV Fee Bill mailed overnight

2006-10-23 Affidavit of Support reviewed

2006-10-24 IV fee delivered

2006-10-30 IV Fee payment posted

2006-10-31 ds-230 generated

2006-11-01 ds-230 mailed to nvc via usps express mail

2006-11-03 nvc received ds-230

2006-11-06 nvc enters ds-230 package into the system

2006-11-08 ds-230 package recieved via snail mail

2006-11-16 nvc case complete

USE Manila

2007-02-05 Packet 4 recvd

2007-03-01/02 medical. complete!

2007-03-14 interview! APPROVED!!

2007-03-20 Visa received!

2007-03-28 Arrival USA, POE Guam

This is really starting to bug me. I sent Luz to pay for the interview. She took with her the DS-156 and the DS-157. The bank said the it was no longer necessary to stamp the forms. They only gave her a signed receipt with some sort of stamp on it. I asked my lawyer about it and he also said that the DS forms don't need any kind of a stamp from the bank. Now which is it? The DS forms stamped or not stamped?

Edited by Iniibig ko si Luz forever

Ok, I just found the answer to my question.

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwhniv3.html

The fee can be paid during normal business hours (Mondays to Fridays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) at any of the designated banks listed below. The Form DS-157 will be machine-validated by the bank at the back of the form to reflect payment.

What do we do now? The bank refused to do anything with the DS-157 that she took with her. Am I out the $200 for her and Robin?

Hello update my sched...

Mpgirl is the handle i used.

Medical March 16

Interview March 23

Thanks

July '06 ---------- -Sent the K1 Application(delay due to overseas assignments).

Aug.07,'06 ---------- My best birthday present for me,visited again.

Sep.15,'06 ---------- RFE IMBRA

Nov.6, '06 ---------- submitted RFE

Nov. 07,'06 ---------- I was given a surprise visit by my babe

Nov. 8,'06 ---------- USCIS got the RFE.

Nov. 14,'06 ---------- Were Approved,NOA2 noticed.

Nov. 21,'06 ----------NOA2 on Snail mail.

Dec. 22,'06 ---------- Called NVC and assigned manila case MNL2006-834XXX

Jan 17,2007----------Recieved pre-interview notice

March 15-----------Medical

March23------Interview

Approved

Phil-Am Families...

If you are self employed (petitioner), then it is definitely in your best interest to submit bank statements to substantiate your ability to support your future queens. For those who are employees with an income over 125% of the poverty level, bank statements are not required.

Thanks guys...

Sheriff Uling

if your self employed like i am you have to have bank statements plus a letter from the bank showing your in good standing and if you file your taxes monthly and or quartely that will help also.
I am self-employed also. I furnished my wife with 12 months bank statements (personal and business accounts). 2005 Tax returns, letter from banks, copy of business license, professional license and copy of articles of incorporation. It might have been a bit of an overkill, but the interviewer took everything she brought with her.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

What do we do now? The bank refused to do anything with the DS-157 that she took with her. Am I out the $200 for her and Robin?

I wouldn't think your out the $200. The instructions in the K1 packet has always said the bank will "validate" the DS-156 form, but the Bank has always validated the incorrect DS-157 form anyway. I believe the embassy looks for the receipt instead of the validated form due to that confusion. (something lost in translation I suspect)

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline
This is really starting to bug me. I sent Luz to pay for the interview. She took with her the DS-156 and the DS-157. The bank said the it was no longer necessary to stamp the forms. They only gave her a signed receipt with some sort of stamp on it. I asked my lawyer about it and he also said that the DS forms don't need any kind of a stamp from the bank. Now which is it? The DS forms stamped or not stamped?

When I went to BPI Magallanes last January 2, they didn't ask for anything,except the money of course. They gave me a validated DS157 with the branch,date and time and the amount at the back. So I will use that form together with the one embassy sent us.

November 13,2006- Called NVC and gave me our case number

November 14,2006- NVC forwarded case to Manila Embassy

November 22,2006- US Embassy Manila recieved my case, and said wait till 1-6 months for the interview date

Feb 2007-interview approved

March 1'07- Visa delivered

April 3'07-Las Vegas, Nevada

April 15'07- Orlando, Florida

April 20- Wedding

April 23'07- France

June 5'07- Back to Florida and file for AOS

I wouldn't think your out the $200. The instructions in the K1 packet has always said the bank will "validate" the DS-156 form, but the Bank has always validated the incorrect DS-157 form anyway. I believe the embassy looks for the receipt instead of the validated form due to that confusion. (something lost in translation I suspect)

Someone has their wires crossed. I did a little more digging. Here is another page from the Embassy web site.

DS-157 Form – Applicants should also complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Supplemental Application DS-157 Form. The form is provided at the bank where fees are paid. Applicants must ensure that the back of the DS-157 Form is machine-validated with check-rite. The U.S. Embassy does not validate DS-157 Forms.

Applicants whose DS-157 Form is not machine-validated with check-rite will NOT be allowed to enter the Embassy premises. The applicant will then have to book another interview appointment. Re-bookings do not require another application fee.

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwhniv1.html

Is this just out of date info on the embassy web site or is it current policy?

Someone has their wires crossed. I did a little more digging. Here is another page from the Embassy web site.

DS-157 Form – Applicants should also complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Supplemental Application DS-157 Form. The form is provided at the bank where fees are paid. Applicants must ensure that the back of the DS-157 Form is machine-validated with check-rite. The U.S. Embassy does not validate DS-157 Forms.

Applicants whose DS-157 Form is not machine-validated with check-rite will NOT be allowed to enter the Embassy premises. The applicant will then have to book another interview appointment. Re-bookings do not require another application fee.

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwhniv1.html

Is this just out of date info on the embassy web site or is it current policy?

Maybe I was wrong before. Jenalyn said that during her interview last month that one lady was sent packing when her DS-157 wasn't stamped. They told her to go back to bank and get the stamp. So it sounds like current policy.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.