windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! I am hoping for an answer or some feedback to my questions. My wife is scheduled for medical exam on January 18 and interview on January 25. She lives in Cagayan De Oro, so it's a plane ride there to Manila. She doesn't know anyone in Manila, so she will be staying in a hotel. Here is what we decided. She will fly to Manila on January 17, of which is the day before her medical exam. She is going to bring everything that she is taking here to the USA with her. She will remain in Manila for the interview scheduled Thursday, January 25. I thinks its is best that she has her visa delivered to her hotel in Manila. Then she can board Northwest Airlines for a POE in Detroit. I will fly from Florida and meet her there.

My question is: If her K3 interview goes well on Thursday morning. Does anyone know about what day she will have the visa delivered to her at her hotel in Manila? Or, can she go to the embassy and pick it up? I would greatly appreciate someone sharing their knowledge or experience with the same. I want this to be as low stress as possible for her.

Thanks!

My fiance lives in Cagayan De Oro too!

If your wife is flying the day before the exam I would suggest taking an early flight in case of weather problems. AFIAK the CDO airport is not equipped for bad weather so flights can get cancelled. If you take an early flight at least you have a shot at another flight later in the day. My fiance will go 2 days before the exam. If everything goes well she can take the CFO seminar the day before exam, which is easier since St. Lukes will keep her passport. If not she can get another flight the next day. Oh, and I'm buying a ticket for her cousin to go with her so it will be a nicer trip for her.

We have been hearing that it is possible to pick up the VISA 1 to 3 days after interview but they don't always allow it so don't count on that. She will have to request that and see what they say. We have also been hearing from others that is possible to get it delivered to a metro Manila hotel within a week. The rumor is that they are more likely to allow VISA pick-up if the petitioner is present at the interview.

It's your call, but you might want to consider just letting her go home and wait for it. She could end up waiting a week in Manila for delivery anyway, and you might have to reschedule her flight. It's somewhat unpredictable. FWIW, two of my fiancee's friends in CDO got their VISAs delivered in 7 to 10 days.

I plan to go for the interview and request VISA pick-up. If they don't allow it we will ask for hotel delivery. If they don't allow that then I guess we will just head for Boracay for a week and then return to CDO. :lol:

I'll be ready to reschedule flights if needed, even though I know the airlines will charge me a lot if I do that. That's OK, she's worth it. :D

Kool Gary.... I haven't been in CDO since May. I have met my wife twice for two weeks each time in Manila since then. CDO is an okay place also. I am just ready for her to be here in Florida and so is she.

hi i live in cdo myself! but my fiance thought that its a good idea to breakdown the trip into 2... like if the interview is on feb, il fly to manila around jan to have my med exam early. then fly back again for the interview??? we thought that we'll have more time to see things if there's something wrong on the med (i hope not)... we thought too that we could save that way to make 2 trips than staying for 7 days in a hotel what do u think??? tnx

That's what we're doing. We will do the CFO and medical exam in the first trip (probably late January), then just the interview in the second trip (probably late February or early March). I will be there for the interview, then we'll wait for the VISA and then say ba-bye CDO! No more 72-hour work weeks for her! :lol:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my #'s on the form are MNL2006776XXXX ?? any input on this???

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

My crystal ball says you have a good chance for a late February interview (otherwise early March). B)

Edited by garya505

maraming salamat! when is ur interview

checks cashed 07/26/07

biometrics 08/15/07

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Removal of Conditions:

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

My crystal ball says you have a good chance for a late February interview (otherwise early March). B)

it's kuel to have a psychic in d forum! YAY! :dance:

checks cashed 07/26/07

biometrics 08/15/07

Removal of Conditions:

Phil-Am Families...

You all are in my prayers! May God continue to bless and keep us in his good grace.

Just wanted you to know that all is well and very good here. Jhen made it home safe and sound. Of course, Philippine Airlines was an hour late leaving Manila, but that's to be expected (Filipino time... remember... :D ). I'm still amazed that she is here. The best part is that Jhen was able to have Thanksgiving with all of our immediate family. It wlll take me a few more days to shake the shock that I'm in... Anyway, I don't want to bore you all, plus you have more pressing things to worry about. Thank you all so very very much!!!

With all my heart...

Ahmari

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Phil-Am Families...

You all are in my prayers! May God continue to bless and keep us in his good grace.

Just wanted you to know that all is well and very good here. Jhen made it home safe and sound. Of course, Philippine Airlines was an hour late leaving Manila, but that's to be expected (Filipino time... remember... :D ). I'm still amazed that she is here. The best part is that Jhen was able to have Thanksgiving with all of our immediate family. It wlll take me a few more days to shake the shock that I'm in... Anyway, I don't want to bore you all, plus you have more pressing things to worry about. Thank you all so very very much!!!

With all my heart...

Ahmari

thats great to hear uling!!! hope all of us can be there next thanks giving! arent we all guys??? lol :yes:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Timeline

Guys,

i am a bit confused bout this ITR. i have a ITR here form 1040EZ is this the ITR that embassy asking bout? its just a one piece of paper? our lawyer asking my fiancee to obtain 2005 transcripts frm IRS which i doubt it bcoz as ive known IRS transcripts not needed right? pls, help me w/ this. thanks in advance.

clestz

Timeline
My Fiancee just called me...she is finished with the interview....Afro American consul...very pleasant...joked around with her.....then when she went to pay for visa delivery she got the DREADED "wait we will call you'

WFT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thinking it's because she had a first name change.....wonder how long this will take?

You scare me! Lilia had a name change on her birth certificate too. Her original birth certificate was LElia. It should have been Lilia. It was changed in 2004 and noted on the bottom of the NSO birth certificate. Do you feel this will cause a delay in your case?

Does anyone else have experience with a name "correction" on their birth certificate??? Either good or bad? :help:

Thanks, Rob

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

My Fiancee just called me...she is finished with the interview....Afro American consul...very pleasant...joked around with her.....then when she went to pay for visa delivery she got the DREADED "wait we will call you'

WFT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thinking it's because she had a first name change.....wonder how long this will take?

You scare me! Lilia had a name change on her birth certificate too. Her original birth certificate was LElia. It should have been Lilia. It was changed in 2004 and noted on the bottom of the NSO birth certificate. Do you feel this will cause a delay in your case?

Does anyone else have experience with a name "correction" on their birth certificate??? Either good or bad? :help:

Thanks, Rob

Rob, not meaning to scare you BUT I am keeping it real....when i called the Embassy I was lucky to speak with a very patient and nice lady who told me point blank that these days at the manila Embassy; as long as there is a name change or ANY correction of the BC they will automatically do a review (AR) no exception.

Timeline

Thanks, Rob

Rob, not meaning to scare you BUT I am keeping it real....when i called the Embassy I was lucky to speak with a very patient and nice lady who told me point blank that these days at the manila Embassy; as long as there is a name change or ANY correction of the BC they will automatically do a review (AR) no exception.

Was she given a 221G or any documentation to let her know that they were doing a review?

05/18/05: Met on Yahoo chat.

09/10/05: We agree to meet.

02/10/06: First trip to Manila

03/26/06: Filied I-129F package

04/04/06: NOA 1 at California service center

06/30/06: IMBRA RFE mailed to CSC

07/05/06: Email stating CSC received RFE

07/31/06: NOA 2! Wahoooo!

08/03/06: NVC reciept

08/07/06: NVC forwards petition to the Embassy!!

08/15/06: Embassy received case:MNL2006716###

09/19/06: We have an interview date!! Wahoo!

11/20/06: Interview

11/29/06: VISA delivered

12/05/06: Entry into the U.S. at LAX

Timeline

Thanks, Rob

Oh my GOD! This is just more than I can face right now. It will have taken us 11 months to get a f#%&^g interview for a K1. Now, we will automatically go to AR? Thanks for the heads up. I needed to know this. I don't like it, but I needed to know it.

Does anyone have experience in hiring an American attorney in Manila to go to the interview with the beneficiary? Or what can be done to avoid AR for such a trivial and well documented item? After what we have been through to get an interview, I am at overload to find out AR is eminent.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Does anyone have experience in hiring an American attorney in Manila to go to the interview with the beneficiary? Or what can be done to avoid AR for such a trivial and well documented item? After what we have been through to get an interview, I am at overload to find out AR is eminent.

Exactly what do you expect an attorney to do to prevent a document check? Don't think there would be anything more they could do then what you can yourself. If all documents and evidence are provided, and STILL they want to check/validate for themselves, still same result with attorney. I know with a "late registered" BC like my girl's they often require second ID to confirm the validity of the BC (i.e. baptismal certificate) maybe such secondary identification would help your cause.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Exactly what do you expect an attorney to do to prevent a document check? Don't think there would be anything more they could do then what you can yourself. If all documents and evidence are provided, and STILL they want to check/validate for themselves, still same result with attorney. I know with a "late registered" BC like my girl's they often require second ID to confirm the validity of the BC (i.e. baptismal certificate) maybe such secondary identification would help your cause.

My Fiancee had secondary docs to prove her name....from elementary school to current....still did not matter.

Yes...she was told by the consul and also given a white piece of paper telling her to wait until they call her.

Plus the embassy told me that NOW they will do review on any BC that has changes or corrections

Guys,

i am a bit confused bout this ITR. i have a ITR here form 1040EZ is this the ITR that embassy asking bout? its just a one piece of paper? our lawyer asking my fiancee to obtain 2005 transcripts frm IRS which i doubt it bcoz as ive known IRS transcripts not needed right? pls, help me w/ this. thanks in advance.

clestz

obtaining a tax transcript is real easy and no big deal. can be obtained by calling 1-800-829-1040. takes about 10 days to receive it. that's what I did.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.