windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:( yes it requires patience. We started March 2005 and were still waiting. I resigned from my job May 2005

I thought its very easy. But I just think possitive. Waiting will be over soon. :crying: I miss my Papa Bear sooo much.

Lily

myspace.com profile

Friendster profile

POE LAX --------------- APRIL 29,2007 / JAX, Florida APRIL 30,2007

MARRIED -------------- JUNE 18,2007

AOS SENT ------------- JULY 10,2007 - via DHL courier service

AOS RECEIVED ------- JULY 11,2007(day 1)

NOA1------------------- JULY 18,2007 (day 7)

BIOMETRICS ---------- AUGUST 13,2007 (day 26)

INTERVIEW-------------SEPTEMBER 25,2007.....10:30AM (day 69)

GREEN CARD APPROVED exactly 69 days ~~~~~~SEPTEMBER 25,2007

Card Ordered for Prod'n ---------SEPTEMBER 28,2007 (email from USCIS CRIS)

Welcome Letter (E-mail & Snail Mail)---------------OCTOBER 03,2007

Green Card Received via snail mail ~~~~~~~ OCTOBER 05,2007 (79 DAYS)

SSN Approved ---------NOVEMBER 05,2007

SS Card Received -----NOVEMBER 19,2007 via snail mail

THANK YOU VISA JOURNEY !!!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the latest interview list? Last time I looked it appeared that they got up to MNL2006756XXX for January interviews.

We are a 756 and interview is Jan 30th I imagine we must be one of the last for January.

Ya, yours was the one I spotted. I'm discouraged theat they only seemed to get from 736 to 756 for January. At that rate they won't get to my 779 in February, but maybe early March I hope. It's hard to tell though, since we are such a small sample and not a random one at that.

So we have MNL2006768XXX number, do you feel that we will have a February interview date.

I was told you can call to get a earlier interview date?

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

We just did the medical at St Lukes a couple weeks early.

In case anyone is biting their nails about it, relax!

We got to St Lukes at 11:20am, trying hard to make it before the published lunch break.

There did not appear to be any lunch break, certainly not for anything we went through.

There were hardly any folks waiting, we went straight to the USA reception, they did the paperwork, photo, directed us to the top floor where we did the eye test, the medical exam, paid the money (P4750), then we took a relaxed 45 minute lunch outside before returning for the blood tests, and chest xRay. We were hoping to get it all done in one day, but that was apparently not permitted, so we did the interview for the vaccinations and went home at 2:00pm. Lucky day 1?

Today was just as lucky.... arrived at 10:45, straight up to 2nd floor for the 2 vaccinations that were needed. Only 1 shot was given, tetanus was unavailable so we got a piece of paper instead advising us to get the tetanus after arrival in the USA. Waited downstairs for the final paperwork, and after about 40 minutes we were outa there!! My wife requested that she keep her passport in case we did an early Xmas vacation trip before the interview date... no objection raised... she signed a photocopy of it, and was just warned to take her passport with her to the interview.

The most challenging aspect of the whole thing was finding a parking place.

All in all a very encouraging event... hope the USE event is as positive!!

02/20/09 Met Juliet in Nirvana (Pasay)

03/01/09 Long weekend in Batangas

03/09/09 Dave returns to the USA

06/22/09 Dave returns to Manila

06/30/09 Juliet learned to SCUBA Dive in Sabang

07/11/09 Visit Laguna with Juliet and her son Justin

08/19/09 Long weekend in Baguio

09/09/09 Fly to Bohol

09/24/09 Family trip to Sabang

10/18/09 Dave returns to the USA

04/01/10 Dave moves to UK

11/19/10 Juliet and Justin move to UK

06/16/14 Juliet and Justin become British Citizens

11/16/16 NOA1

01/17/17 NOA2

01/19/17 Packet 3 Rcvd

03/16/17 Interview (placed on hold pending additional info)

03/27/17 Submitted requested info

04/03/17 Received Visas

06/17/17 Sold House and cars

06/19/17 Arrived in Phoenix AZ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there,

Can I get my medical exam 1 month ahead of time? My medical date is Jan 5, 2007 will it be ok if i have it on the first week of December? I just want to make sure Im doing the right thing.

Your response is highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO EVERYBODY !!!!!:):)

Lara

Timeline

Jan 22, 2007 Arrived in USA

Jan 27, 2007 Wedding Day

---- AOS -------

March 31, 2007----- Submitted AOS and EAD package

April 6, 2007 ------ Package received at USCIS

April 11, 2007 ----- NOA1 ( AOS and EAD )

April 25, 2007 ------ Biometrics

April 26, 2007 ------ Touched

May 21, 2007 ------- NOA 2 ( AOS )

June 13, 2007------- Receive email from Cris, EAD Card Production ordered

June 14, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 18, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 21, 2007 ------ EAD email from Cris, USCIS has sent notice on the mail that EAD is approved

June 23, 2007 ------ EAD card received in the mail

July 11, 2007 ------- Initial interview ( Denver, CO ) approved- Thank God

July 17, 2007 ------- Received Welcome Notice in the mail

July 18, 2007 ------- Email Notice from Cris " Production of Card Ordered"

July 27, 2007 ------- Green Card received- God is so Good!

115590570280508.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi there,

Can I get my medical exam 1 month ahead of time? My medical date is Jan 5, 2007 will it be ok if i have it on the first week of December? I just want to make sure Im doing the right thing.

Lara

yah that's what i did before. i took medical exam a month ahead of my interview together with my cfo seminar.

***TIMELINE***

September 2005-met on net

Nov 27, 2005- fiance's visit

Dec. 7, 2005-fiance left

January 25, 2006-File I-129f

Feb. 1, 2006-NOA1

April 2006-RFE

May 9, 2006-NOA2

May 17, 2006-Forwarded to Manila

Case#MNL20066351XX

May 22, 2006-Consulate Receives

June 16 2006- k packet sent by USE through delbros

*(waiting for packet)*

Interview date given on June 19 2006-PLDT 1-909-101-7878=SEPTEMBER 21, 2006 @ 6:30am

medical=September 11-12, 2006

CFO- day before flight.

Interview-September 21, 2006 (On AR)

October 25, 2006- submitted lacking documents

November 25, 2006- Visa Received

Can someone look and analyze my timeline and probably predict when should I get my interview schedule? Any information you guys can give will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Karen

TIMELINE

05-11-2006 Filed I129 F

05-19-2006 CSC Received the Case

06-23-2006 RFE (07-03-2006 e-mail)

08-01-2006 Received response for RFE (08-02-2006 e-mail)

09-12-2006 RFE (09-12-2006 e-mail)

09-27-2006 Received response for RFE (09-28-2006 e-mail)

10-16-2006 Case Approved by CSC (10-18-2006 e-mail)

11-03-2006 NVC Received the Inquiry about the case and just recently forwarded the case in Manila (MNL2006805***)

11-08-2006 Called USE-Manila. Received files electronically

11-14-2006 Called USE-Manila. Received actual files, customer representative told me that files are being reviewed by consul. Petition should be documentarily qualified before they can schedule me for an interview (What does this mean?)

I'm looking in my crystal ball and seeing a late March or early April interview date for you. Ask again in another month. :)

Oh God!! Still that long huh? :( That's very frustrating.. :crying: Anyway, thank you so much for the information though..

In my experience our it's like 2 months we've had ou interview date...then count 2 months again for the actual interview itself... :whistle: yes it could be late March or early April for you!!...Just hang in there and I guess the best thing to do is not to worry about it coz your interview date is definitely going to come out :-) I know the feeling of waiting for the interview date...hhheeeeheehhe. it sucks!!! patience pays off anyway!!!;-)

God bless!!!

elizabeth

oopss two months after the embassy received the actual file...;-) clarification...;-)

Thank you so much for the time you spent just to look at my timeline and provide me the best possible forecast for it. I do appreciate all the information. :) I guess your right, I should stop worrying about it (Aha! Easier said than done.. Lolz :P ) I am usually the patient one eversince we started out this journey. Its amazing how things have change these days, now its my fiance who is telling me that eventually everything will turnout as we hoped for. Hehehehe. :D I guess I am being stressed out knowing that everything is in my end already. You are absolute right in saying that the waiting time sucks big time! It is consuming my thoughts lately affecting the way I function. Ohhh well, I guess this time it is a battle against my own self.. What an irony.. :(

Yes it's absolutely true!!! We have a lot on our plates (for the beneficiaries) :whistle:;) I went thru the same thing!!hahahahha!!! Oh wellllllllllllllllllllllll, it's earsier said than done but i think the best thing is to try hard not to think about it and your interview date will come out!!! For the mean time just don't try to look at the USE website and click the interview dates section!!hahahhah!! i think the best thing is to prepare the documents on your end and when your interview date will come out you are already done with paper stuff!!ehehheheh!! You can even get the CENOMAR, NBI clearance all the documents listed on the website(USE).

I suggest you look at Uling's signature, he has all the necessary infos available at the click of your mouse! :thumbs:

God bless!!!

Patience is a virtue :thumbs:

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! I am hoping for an answer or some feedback to my questions. My wife is scheduled for medical exam on January 18 and interview on January 25. She lives in Cagayan De Oro, so it's a plane ride there to Manila. She doesn't know anyone in Manila, so she will be staying in a hotel. Here is what we decided. She will fly to Manila on January 17, of which is the day before her medical exam. She is going to bring everything that she is taking here to the USA with her. She will remain in Manila for the interview scheduled Thursday, January 25. I thinks its is best that she has her visa delivered to her hotel in Manila. Then she can board Northwest Airlines for a POE in Detroit. I will fly from Florida and meet her there.

My question is: If her K3 interview goes well on Thursday morning. Does anyone know about what day she will have the visa delivered to her at her hotel in Manila? Or, can she go to the embassy and pick it up? I would greatly appreciate someone sharing their knowledge or experience with the same. I want this to be as low stress as possible for her.

Thanks!

Timeline

Does anyone have the latest interview list? Last time I looked it appeared that they got up to MNL2006756XXX for January interviews.

We are a 756 and interview is Jan 30th I imagine we must be one of the last for January.

Ya, yours was the one I spotted. I'm discouraged theat they only seemed to get from 736 to 756 for January. At that rate they won't get to my 779 in February, but maybe early March I hope. It's hard to tell though, since we are such a small sample and not a random one at that.

So we have MNL2006768XXX number, do you feel that we will have a February interview date.

I was told you can call to get a earlier interview date?

Well you are a 768 and they got to 756 in January, so I think you will get a Februrary interview date. No you can't get an earlier date unless you have a really special case. You can move up the medical exam date however, which I think is a good idea for various reasons.

Hi there,

Lara

No it's not a problem and I think is a good idea. We plan to get ours about 4-5 weeks before interview because of the MMR 28-day wait. :blush:

Timeline
Hi all! I am hoping for an answer or some feedback to my questions. My wife is scheduled for medical exam on January 18 and interview on January 25. She lives in Cagayan De Oro, so it's a plane ride there to Manila. She doesn't know anyone in Manila, so she will be staying in a hotel. Here is what we decided. She will fly to Manila on January 17, of which is the day before her medical exam. She is going to bring everything that she is taking here to the USA with her. She will remain in Manila for the interview scheduled Thursday, January 25. I thinks its is best that she has her visa delivered to her hotel in Manila. Then she can board Northwest Airlines for a POE in Detroit. I will fly from Florida and meet her there.

My question is: If her K3 interview goes well on Thursday morning. Does anyone know about what day she will have the visa delivered to her at her hotel in Manila? Or, can she go to the embassy and pick it up? I would greatly appreciate someone sharing their knowledge or experience with the same. I want this to be as low stress as possible for her.

Thanks!

My fiance lives in Cagayan De Oro too!

If your wife is flying the day before the exam I would suggest taking an early flight in case of weather problems. AFIAK the CDO airport is not equipped for bad weather so flights can get cancelled. If you take an early flight at least you have a shot at another flight later in the day. My fiance will go 2 days before the exam. If everything goes well she can take the CFO seminar the day before exam, which is easier since St. Lukes will keep her passport. If not she can get another flight the next day. Oh, and I'm buying a ticket for her cousin to go with her so it will be a nicer trip for her.

We have been hearing that it is possible to pick up the VISA 1 to 3 days after interview but they don't always allow it so don't count on that. She will have to request that and see what they say. We have also been hearing from others that is possible to get it delivered to a metro Manila hotel within a week. The rumor is that they are more likely to allow VISA pick-up if the petitioner is present at the interview.

It's your call, but you might want to consider just letting her go home and wait for it. She could end up waiting a week in Manila for delivery anyway, and you might have to reschedule her flight. It's somewhat unpredictable. FWIW, two of my fiancee's friends in CDO got their VISAs delivered in 7 to 10 days.

I plan to go for the interview and request VISA pick-up. If they don't allow it we will ask for hotel delivery. If they don't allow that then I guess we will just head for Boracay for a week and then return to CDO. :lol:

I'll be ready to reschedule flights if needed, even though I know the airlines will charge me a lot if I do that. That's OK, she's worth it. :D

Edited by garya505

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks!

If your wife is flying the day before the exam I would suggest taking an early flight in case of weather problems. AFIAK the CDO airport is not equipped for bad weather so flights can get cancelled. If you take an early flight at least you have a shot at another flight later in the day. My fiance will go 2 days before the exam. If everything goes well she can take the CFO seminar the day before exam, which is easier since St. Lukes will keep her passport. If not she can get another flight the next day. Oh, and I'm buying a ticket for her cousin to go with her so it will be a nicer trip for her.

We have been hearing that it is possible to pick up the VISA 1 to 3 days after interview but they don't always allow it so don't count on that. She will have to request that and see what they say. We have also been hearing from others that is possible to get it delivered to a metro Manila hotel within a week. The rumor is that they are more likely to allow VISA pick-up if the petitioner is present at the interview.

It's your call, but you might want to consider just letting her go home and wait for it. She could end up waiting a week in Manila for delivery anyway, and you might have to reschedule her flight. It's somewhat unpredictable. FWIW, two of my fiancee's friends in CDO got their VISAs delivered in 7 to 10 days.

I plan to go for the interview and request VISA pick-up. If they don't allow it we will ask for hotel delivery. If they don't allow that then I guess we will just head for Boracay for a week and then return to CDO. :lol:

I'll be ready to reschedule flights if needed, even though I know the airlines will charge me a lot if I do that. That's OK, she's worth it. :D

Kool Gary.... I haven't been in CDO since May. I have met my wife twice for two weeks each time in Manila since then. CDO is an okay place also. I am just ready for her to be here in Florida and so is she.

just looking at the list. jamrok's fiancee should be at Embassy now for interview. best of luck!

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

My fiance' lives in Cubao, Quezon City. Interview was Nov.16, passport/visa were delivered on Nov.23. The Delbros text message tracking system responded almost immediately to her query. Good luck all.

My fiance' lives in Cubao, Quezon City. Interview was Nov.16, passport/visa were delivered on Nov.23. The Delbros text message tracking system responded almost immediately to her query. Good luck all.

wow that's a good news... congratulations and best wishes in advance

04-14-06 - engaged

04-28-06 - I129f to TSC

05-09-06 - noa1 from CSC

09-29-06 - this case has been APPROVED on 09-28-06 (yessss thank you Dear God)

10-02-06 - got the NOA2 (snail mail)

10-18-06 - email from NVC gave us the case #MNL2006789xxx

10-21-06 - got the NVC letter (snail mail)

10-25-06 - mnl rec'd the case

12-29-06 - got my packet 4

01-25 & 26-07 - medical

02-16-07 - interview APPROVED!!! (Thank you Dear God)

02/23/07 - visa on hand (Thanks God)

03-01-07 - in my honey's arms (Thanks God)

03-09-07 - applied SSN

03-14-07 - got married

03-27-07 - got my SSN Card

05-04-07 - TD shot

AOS

05-26-07 - mailed AOS

05-28-07 - delivered on May 28, 2007 at 8:01 PM in CHICAGO, IL

06-01-07 - NOA1

06-19-07 - RFE (page 3 of form I-864)

06-26-07 - Biometrics

07-03-07 - touch (they got my RFE)

07-18-07 - case transferred to CSC

07-23-07 - application received at CSC

07/31/07 - card production ordered & welcome letter

08/06/07 - got my GC... yepeeeey (67 days from NOA1)

I-751 Removal of Condition

05-15-09 - mailed (VSC)

05-16-09 - delivered @ 12:07pm per usps website

05-20-09 - check cashed

05-28-09 - got my NOA/Extension letter (dated 05-18-09)

06-03-09 - got my Biometric schedule (on 06-17-09)

Thanks!

Kool Gary.... I haven't been in CDO since May. I have met my wife twice for two weeks each time in Manila since then. CDO is an okay place also. I am just ready for her to be here in Florida and so is she.

hi i live in cdo myself! but my fiance thought that its a good idea to breakdown the trip into 2... like if the interview is on feb, il fly to manila around jan to have my med exam early. then fly back again for the interview??? we thought that we'll have more time to see things if there's something wrong on the med (i hope not)... we thought too that we could save that way to make 2 trips than staying for 7 days in a hotel what do u think??? tnx

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Timeline

Thanks!

hi i live in cdo myself! but my fiance thought that its a good idea to breakdown the trip into 2... like if the interview is on feb, il fly to manila around jan to have my med exam early. then fly back again for the interview??? we thought that we'll have more time to see things if there's something wrong on the med (i hope not)... we thought too that we could save that way to make 2 trips than staying for 7 days in a hotel what do u think??? tnx

My Fiancee just called me...she is finished with the interview....Afro American consul...very pleasant...joked around with her.....then when she went to pay for visa delivery she got the DREADED "wait we will call you'

WFT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thinking it's because she had a first name change.....wonder how long this will take?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.