windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

congrats! cant hardly wait for my turn! :dance:

hello everybody! i am dancing with joy now and Praising God. He is really good and always have the right timing. :dance:

After 1 month of being in AR and spending lotsa mulah in calling the call center, i finally have my visa on hand. I tried calling the embassy last tuesday and told me i was still under review and the girl even told me not to bother calling there 'coz they are all busy and have lots of visa to process. The next day, i got a message from delbros telling me that they will delvier my visa. I just received it this morning.

Thanks for all your prayers. My fiance is also excited now. :-) I have a very impt lesson i got from this waiting. Always trust God in everything, He have the right timing. I am leaving on the 8th of April. (excited huh!) :blush:

Congratulations!!

Animated flag courtesy of virtuallandmedia.com

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello everybody! i am dancing with joy now and Praising God. He is really good and always have the right timing. :dance:

After 1 month of being in AR and spending lotsa mulah in calling the call center, i finally have my visa on hand. I tried calling the embassy last tuesday and told me i was still under review and the girl even told me not to bother calling there 'coz they are all busy and have lots of visa to process. The next day, i got a message from delbros telling me that they will delvier my visa. I just received it this morning.

Thanks for all your prayers. My fiance is also excited now. :-) I have a very impt lesson i got from this waiting. Always trust God in everything, He have the right timing. I am leaving on the 8th of April. (excited huh!) :blush:

WOW congratulations!!! Im excited for you and i hope my ar thing will be as soon!! for anyone that calls the embassy, avoid talking to 'sandy' ask or try again until you get lorainne..she always tells me detailed information, while sandy the other girl os freaking rude, and tells you nothing...I made this assumption after many calls. Good luck to you jeeleebee I sure hope you are given your visa soon.... :D

Congrats Feelinblue.

Still unclear what is happening on our end. I will call the State Dept. on Friday for status.

Rob

Our K1 Timeline:

01/2005 Met online

04/28/05 Visited fiancee for the 1st time

08/07/05 Visited fiancee for the 2nd time

08/09/05 Got engaged

08/27/05 Submitted K1 to CSC

08/30/05 CSC received I-129F packet

08/31/05 Received NOA1 in mail

09/02/05 Check cashed

09/03/05 Received NOA1 via snail mail

09/03/05 Enrolled for email notification

10/21/05 Approved!! NOA2.

10/24/05 Received email stating NOA2 mailed out.

10/28/05 Waiting to hear from NVC.

11/05/05 Waiting to hear from NVC.

11/?/05 NVC case number issued. MNL2005807XXX.

11/08/05 Petition send to MNL.

11/19/05 MNL received our petition from NVC.

01/26/06 MNL Embassy mails out interview packet

02/11/06 Visited fiancee for the 3rd time

02/21/06 Received Interview Packet from MNL Embassy

03/14/06 Medical

03/30/06 Interview

04/04/06 Visa is released to Delbros for delivery

04/05/06 Visa in hand

05/24/06 Entered the U.S. (@ LAX POE)

08/20/06 Married

Our AOS Timeline:

10/02/06 Submitted our AOS to Chicago

10/13/06 Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD

10/17/06 Received Bio. Appt. letter for AOS and EAD

10/25/06 Biometrics Appt. for AOS and EAD

11/02/06 Received Appt. Letter

12/11/06 AOS Appt. (Approved!)

12/22/06 Received G.C. (2 yrs)

Timeline

Feelinginblue , congrats and God Bless :dance: , gotta feel like a ton of weight was lifted off your shoulders for sure.

Update

Rosemarie , just got her packet in the mail today, thursday, and it was sent out on the 2nd :blink: It was hand delivered to her home by Delbros ; though I find this confusing as she has PO box at cebu central Post office ???? Mabye like Fed-ex they dont do PO boxes

Next weeks projects, bank account at BPI and Passports; wow this is moving fast now; I wasnt prepared for this till June. I am glad I did my taxes early this year

Good luck to all

Brad

Met online Sept 2004

My first trip to Cebu ,March 2005

My second trip to Cebu,Oct 2005

File I-129 Nov 22nd,2005 Nebraska SVC

NOA 1, Dec 5,2005

NOA 2, Dec 16,2005

Packet received in Manila Consulate Jan 11th, 2006

My 3rd trip Feb, 2006

St Lukes exam date - May 2nd- Passed

Interview Date- May 16th

Got the Visa !! May26, 2006

June 6th, 2006 Rosemarie in Indiana

August 19th, 2006 , happily married couple !!!!

Oct 11th , Applied for LPR Status

Dec 22nd, Green card arrived

Jan 22nd back to PI for sons visa

Feb 7th St Lukes

Feb 14th Visa Interview

Limbo ?????????

Timeline

Thanks :) everybody. I am now entering a new journey in life and am always praying that everything will be in God's will.

About calling the embassy, I did talked to loraine a day before i got my visa, but she told me that only the US ctizens are welcome to follow-up at their office. Since I am calling from manila I should call the call centers. Oh well! i can't do anything about it, i ended up just waiting for the visa without knowing any info.

I also did went to the embassy and stayed there until i get any info from anybody(took me 6hrs). There's a nice girl working at the embassy that i was able to talk to, asked her how long usually reviews are done, she told me its 4-6weeks. and since I paid for the visa, i am already approved by the american consul, just have to wait for their internal checking which is done by the filipino employees. as long as i didn't do anything bad in US or didn't lie, i don't have to worry on anything.

For our friends, whose still under review, just hold on and keep praying. Visualize you will be getting the message from delbros indicating your visa will be delivered the next day. It worked for me ;)

Hear ye! Hear ye!

This is regarding the confusion about Packet 3 and Packet 4. For Manila, there is no Packet 3 ("Instruction Package) as the embassy sends out everything inside Packet 4 ("Appointment Package"). This is the packet your fiance/e receives in Manila.

Consular offices in other countries like London still sends out Packet 3 to beneficiaries, wait for beneficiary to send it back, then they send out Packet 4. The same is not true for Manila beneficiaries. So do not be confused when you read posts from other embassies about Packet 3. Beneficiaries from the Philippines receive only Packet 4.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_1540.html

2. Although the IV packet system has served well for over forty years with relatively few changes, the ease with which information can now be maintained and shared electronically makes the linear, rationed approach to immigrant visa information less useful. The numbered packets, many of which are no longer used by consular sections and rarely seen by applicants, were also the source of some confusion. The numbered packet system has therefore been eliminated. Packets 1, 2, 2a and 3a no longer exist. Standardized information sheets should be used to respond to queries as discussed below. The old Packet 3 has now been renamed the "Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants." Packet 4 is referred to as the "Appointment Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants." Packet 4a, important as the mailing that initiates the termination process, is now referred to as the "Follow-Up Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, just starting to get a little worried. I know it takes time for the packet 4 (for my wife) to be delivered, but her medical at St. Lukes is on April 20th and still no packet. If she doesn't receive it by April 5th, I think we need to do something.

From what I understand, I can call the Embassy (WHAT IS THE FULL PHONE NUMBER??) and request that they forward my wife's packet to St. Lukes. Then, my wife could go anytime as long as she calls St. Lukes in advance and make sure they have her packet there. Right? Also, I DID receive the appointment letter here at my house in Florida, should I mail her a copy of that to bring with her?....is it necessary? Will she need to bring any documents? I thought I remember reading that if you do this, she will need to bring a copy of the NVC letter (with case number) and a copy of the appointment letter.

Help! Is this correct? Can someone explain what to do if she doesn't get her packet in the next couple of weeks. Its getting so close and the closer it gets, time goes by faster (Thank God!) Thanks for any help :)

K-3 Timeline

Marriage : 2005-08-09

I-130 Sent : 2005-10-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2005-10-21

I-129F Sent : 2005-10-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-11-01

I-129F NOA2 : Not received

NVC Received : 2005-12-15

NVC Left : 2005-12-20

Packet 3 : Still waiting

Medical : 2006-4-20

Interview : 2006-4-27

If you are the agent of choice that the NVC sends notices to, I doubt that your wife will receive ANYTHING from the NVC or the Manila embassy. My wife did not.

I used USPS Global Express Mail (GEM) to send my wife the package that you just received from the NVC. IIRC, it has the letters about immunizations, location of St. Luke's, interview documents required, etc. in it.

I would make a copy (scan it, if possible) of the appointment letter. It is the critical document to get into St. Luke's and then the embassy. If the express snail mail does not reach your wife in a week, send her the appointment letter by fax or an e-mail attachment. Your wife will need any proof of vaccinations that she has received before the exam at St. Luke's.

I took a copy of the NVC package with me when I went to Manila to attend my wife's interview. She had the originals that I mailed her.

If you think you waited a long time for the immigration process, how about one YEAR to get I-130 approval (and then just add another year for the interview)!

IR-1/IR-2 approval on 9 March 2006 / Visas delivered 21 March 2006

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
If you are the agent of choice that the NVC sends notices to, I doubt that your wife will receive ANYTHING from the NVC or the Manila embassy. My wife did not.

I used USPS Global Express Mail (GEM) to send my wife the package that you just received from the NVC. IIRC, it has the letters about immunizations, location of St. Luke's, interview documents required, etc. in it.

I would make a copy (scan it, if possible) of the appointment letter. It is the critical document to get into St. Luke's and then the embassy. If the express snail mail does not reach your wife in a week, send her the appointment letter by fax or an e-mail attachment. Your wife will need any proof of vaccinations that she has received before the exam at St. Luke's.

I took a copy of the NVC package with me when I went to Manila to attend my wife's interview. She had the originals that I mailed her.

When I got the appointment letter, that's all I got. No packet with letters about immunization, location of St. Lukes, interview docs. required, designated banks to pay fee, etc... It was just one letter. (BTW - What is IIRC??) On the appointment letter I received, it did say that my wife was mailed a complete packet and should be receiving it shortly (well, we know how that goes).

So, I'm going to send her a copy of the appointment letter and NVC letter. Other than that, was I correct about the process of calling the embassy to forward the packet to St. Lukes and then having my wife call to verify that they got it?

Oh, I got the full phone number on the website to contact the embassy so nevermind about that - 011(63-2-528-6300) Thanks again.

K-3 Timeline

Marriage : 2005-08-09

I-130 Sent : 2005-10-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2005-10-21

I-129F Sent : 2005-10-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-11-01

I-129F NOA2 : Not received

NVC Received : 2005-12-15

NVC Left : 2005-12-20

Packet 3 : Still waiting

Medical : 2006-4-20

Interview : 2006-4-27

Sorry, "IIRC" is short for "If I recall correctly..."

I have originals of all the other forms in the packet (the NVC sent me two sets since I was processing an IR-1 and IR-2). I'd be happy to e-mail them to you if you send me a private message with an e-mail address to send them to.

Yes, you are correct about calling to try and get the packet sent to St. Luke's. I have seen many other posts where others have the same problem.

If you think you waited a long time for the immigration process, how about one YEAR to get I-130 approval (and then just add another year for the interview)!

IR-1/IR-2 approval on 9 March 2006 / Visas delivered 21 March 2006

congrats! cant hardly wait for my turn! :dance:

Congratulations!!

CONGRATULATIONS.....yes GOD has His time for everything.....GOD BLESS you and be happy always

May GOD inspire you when you feel down,

encourage you when you feel like quitting, and guide you when all things become confusing.....

Timeline

update Please: TomandJackie Packet received 28 March 2006

09/15/05 I129F Sent

09/19/05 CSC received

09/23/05 NOA1

11/21/05 NOA2

12/14/05 Embassy received petition

01/30/06 CFO completed

04/06/06 Medical completed in 1 day only

04/21/06 Interview Approved Manila

215 days from CSC received to Interview

Timeline

Sooooooooooo folks ??????

1) Can our fiance's come into this country with a one way plane ticket , or does it have to be round trip ???

2) Bringing over my fiance's son also, was filed on her K-1 now , do I have to file a seperate I-134 Affadavit of support for him also , or just one for both ????

Thanks

Brad

Met online Sept 2004

My first trip to Cebu ,March 2005

My second trip to Cebu,Oct 2005

File I-129 Nov 22nd,2005 Nebraska SVC

NOA 1, Dec 5,2005

NOA 2, Dec 16,2005

Packet received in Manila Consulate Jan 11th, 2006

My 3rd trip Feb, 2006

St Lukes exam date - May 2nd- Passed

Interview Date- May 16th

Got the Visa !! May26, 2006

June 6th, 2006 Rosemarie in Indiana

August 19th, 2006 , happily married couple !!!!

Oct 11th , Applied for LPR Status

Dec 22nd, Green card arrived

Jan 22nd back to PI for sons visa

Feb 7th St Lukes

Feb 14th Visa Interview

Limbo ?????????

Sooooooooooo folks ??????

1) Can our fiance's come into this country with a one way plane ticket , or does it have to be round trip ???

2) Bringing over my fiance's son also, was filed on her K-1 now , do I have to file a seperate I-134 Affadavit of support for him also , or just one for both ????

Thanks

Brad

You only need to buy one way tickets unless you find roundtrip cheaper. Also only 1 Aff. of support is need.

Jose

AOS & EAD

Got I-693A from Civil Surgeon : 5-10-2006

AOS & EAD packet sent to Chicago : 5-18-2006

AOS & EAD packet recieved by Chicago : 5-20-2006

AOS & EAD Notice of Action recieved : 5-30-2006

My Wife and Stepdaughter's AOS & EAD Touched : 5-31-2006

Checks cashed for AOS & EAD, and Step Daughter aos Touched : 5-31-2006

My Wife's AOS & EAD Touched : 6-5-2006

My Wife and Step Daughter's EAD Touched : 6-13-2006

Biometrics Appointment for EAD & AOS : 6-20-2006 @ 8:00 A.M

My Wife and Step Daughter's EAD & AOS Touched : 6-20-2006 (Bio Done 15 minutes in and out)

My Wife and Step Daughter's EAD & AOS Touched : 6-21-2006

Letter for Aos Interview for My Wife and Step Daughter : 7-29-2006

EAD Approved for my wife and stepdaughter : 8-4-2006(64 days) Whooo!!!!!

Recieved Both EAD Cards in the mail : 8-7-2006

File for SS Cards : 8-9-2006

Returned Stedaughters EAD Card, because dupilcate A# from my wife's card : 8-10-2006

Recieved SS Card in the mail : 8-17-2006

Recieved Letter from USCIS(Corrected EAD is on the way) : 8-28-2006

Aos Interview for My Wife and Step Daughter : 9-11-2006 (Ironic HUH???) WHOOO

AOS Approved : 9-11-2006

Welcome Letter Notice : 9-15-2006

Green Card Recieved : 9-21-2006

Timeline

ive never seen this off the front page ever was shocked to see it fall off. anyways 14 days left till yove's interview. question she was goin to stay in her province up north. but i think she would get her visa faster staying in her apt, in makati what do the masses think or know ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.