6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone know what name you are supposed to put on the I-90 form when you change it ? The form is not clear in that it doesn't ask what the old name and new name are. It only has you fill in the name, address, etc...

I put the old name in and got a new green card with the old name.

Now I need to resubmit the form. Should I put the old name or new name in the first column ?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello,

Does anyone know what name you are supposed to put on the I-90 form when you change it ? The form is not clear in that it doesn't ask what the old name and new name are. It only has you fill in the name, address, etc...

Now I need to resubmit the form. Should I put the old name or new name in the first column ?

Thanks

Ur Current NAME

ouch ! so I guess that means I will need to pay another $370 to have them change it again huh ?!?!

They told me if it was their error, it would be free, but if mine, I will pay. Looks like I'm gonna pay...

I probably should have hired an attorney and had less headache.

Live and Learn..

:unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
ouch ! so I guess that means I will need to pay another $370 to have them change it again huh ?!?!

They told me if it was their error, it would be free, but if mine, I will pay. Looks like I'm gonna pay...

I probably should have hired an attorney and had less headache.

Live and Learn..

:unsure:

REmember , You no longer have ur old name,

U'll always be using ur Current name for EVERY Documents.

Fill out the form thoroughly. Sooner the Better coz it could take up to 6 month.

Thankyou for the response. Question for you,

I'm supposed to apply for my second green card in 2 months (90 days before my first green card expires). Should I just wait until then to change my name, or do I need to change it now and pay the extra $370 again with the I-90 form ?

Thankyou.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Thanks

Hi cbr900rr1_kicks,

While I was looking online for instructions on how to fill out form I-90, I found your post about changing your name on your green card. Since you had experience in filling out form I-90, I would appreciate if you answer my questions.

I changed my name legally in the court, and I'm filling out e-form I-90 online to change my name on my Green Card.

1. In the name field, do I fill my new or old name?

2. At the end of the e-file form, it's written the following "I intend to mail supporting documentation for this application", do I check the box next to this sentence or not?

3. On the form there is a field that asks to fill in the “USCIS Office where status was adjusted”. I know that the Green Card was mailed to me from the National Benefits Center, on the other hand, I initially filed for my Green Card (I-485) in the Garden City office, NY. Do I fill in the National Benefits Center or the Garden City Office?

4. Do I need to mail the court order to the USCIS, or I will take it with me to the Biometrics appointment?

I would really appreciate your response.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.