ludytj

Plane tickets

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is already on his way as I am typing this, to here, in the U.S. and I can't be any happier and grateful for this site. If not for this forum, I don't think we'd be on this stage by now, if not, at all.

Anyways, I would like to share our experience in buying my fiance's one-way ticket. I scoured the internet booking sites like sidestep & expedia but fares range from $800 & up. Now, I found one travel agency (manila-based) and they have the lowest rates I could find. My fiance's ticket cost us $500.00 including EVERYTHING! that travel tax they have to pay? also included. Now, I don't know these guys. There was no way to find out if this company is legit or not because I'm here in the U.S. and my fiance is from Cebu City. I contacted them through text only. finalized everything through text. Took the risk of wiring money to them. And voila! we got our e-ticket! called EVA Air a few minutes after they said it was booked and the airline confirmed.

Now, the main reason I'm sharing this is because we all know we've spent so much money to get this whole K-1 process going, let alone, the U.S. economy which is totally upside-down right now. So, I hope Admin won't delete this posting. I just want to help other fellow petitioners to save some money. Don't let those popular booking sites rip you off with your hard-earned money!

Just PM me and I'll be very very happy to give you the details.

I hope this will be of big help.

June 2007 ---------------------------Met online thru yahoo philippines chat

April 2008 ---------------------------Met my fiance, up close and in person!

September 26, 2008 -------------- Sent I-129F Package

September 28, 2008 -------------- USCIS received petition

September 29, 2008 -------------- NOA1 Hardcopy received

NO TOUCHES

January 12, 2009 ------------------ PETITION APPROVED

January 14, 2009 ------------------ NVC Received

January 16, 2009 ------------------ NVC left for manila

January 16, 2009 ------------------ NOA2 Hardcopy received

January 21, 2009 ------------------ Got MNL case number and scheduled interview

February 4 & 6, 2009 --------------Medical (PASSED)

February 12, 2009 -----------------Interview PASSED! Thank GOd

February 19, 2009 -----------------VISA received

February 20, 2009 -----------------CFO Seminar

February 21, 2009 -----------------POE Los Angeles

March 3, 2009-----------------------filed at Social Security local Office

March 13, 2009----------------------received Social Security Card

March 18, 2009----------------------applied and received marriage license

April 11, 2009-----------------------got married!

May 18, 2008------------------------AOS packet sent

May 26, 2009------------------------AOS & EAD NOA received

June 17, 2009-----------------------Biometrics Appointment

July 8, 2009-------------------------EAD card production ordered

July 17, 2009------------------------received EAD card

August 17,2009---------------------AOS Interview, Las Vegas USCIS Office APPROVED!!!

August 27, 2009--------------------G.C. received

My fiance is already on his way as I am typing this, to here, in the U.S. and I can't be any happier and grateful for this site. If not for this forum, I don't think we'd be on this stage by now, if not, at all.

Anyways, I would like to share our experience in buying my fiance's one-way ticket. I scoured the internet booking sites like sidestep & expedia but fares range from $800 & up. Now, I found one travel agency (manila-based) and they have the lowest rates I could find. My fiance's ticket cost us $500.00 including EVERYTHING! that travel tax they have to pay? also included. Now, I don't know these guys. There was no way to find out if this company is legit or not because I'm here in the U.S. and my fiance is from Cebu City. I contacted them through text only. finalized everything through text. Took the risk of wiring money to them. And voila! we got our e-ticket! called EVA Air a few minutes after they said it was booked and the airline confirmed.

Now, the main reason I'm sharing this is because we all know we've spent so much money to get this whole K-1 process going, let alone, the U.S. economy which is totally upside-down right now. So, I hope Admin won't delete this posting. I just want to help other fellow petitioners to save some money. Don't let those popular booking sites rip you off with your hard-earned money!

How about just post the details and help lots of us, and give the guys who helped you business :thumbs:

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Timeline

How about just post the details and help lots of us, and give the guys who helped you business :thumbs:

can i? i just didn't want to get flagged. most forums i join don't allow any sort of promotion or you'll get flagged.

NO TOUCHES

August 17,2009---------------------AOS Interview, Las Vegas USCIS Office APPROVED!!!

Timeline
I bet you got the first time immigrant rate... way cheaper than ordinary fare.... So for others who are still planning to buy their OW tket to the USA, ask for a FIRST TIME IMMIGRANT RATE... :)

nope. travel agent said K-1 is not an immigrant visa. If it is for first time immigrant rate, airline will reject the booking without a copy of the visa issued by the embassy.

it was just a one-way fare that we bought. however, she said there are rates also for first time immigrant and filipinos working abroad (I didn't bother to ask about that).

NO TOUCHES

I think they will not know it if you will not going to tell on the Medical Exam at SLEC.

Got one friend who had abortion before but she passed the Medical Exam at SLEC.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Do they count it against you if you had one? She should be honest and tell them about it right?

Can they tell if she had one by examining her or by medical records? It was recent that she had one. We are very worried about it.

if you check out evaair website one way to mnl-lax is only something like $300 pre tax.

http://eservice.evaair.com/online/html/eng...an/eibsa009.asp

Edited by ruby_jade

Timeline
I think they will not know it if you will not going to tell on the Medical Exam at SLEC.

Got one friend who had abortion before but she passed the Medical Exam at SLEC.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Do they count it against you if you had one? She should be honest and tell them about it right?

Can they tell if she had one by examining her or by medical records? It was recent that she had one. We are very worried about it.

if you check out evaair website one way to mnl-lax is only something like $300 pre tax.

http://eservice.evaair.com/online/html/eng...an/eibsa009.asp

yup. with taxes = $430.00 + travel tax.

however, can only be done on two conditions:

1. purchase online only and

2. name of passenger must match name on credit card. petitioner cannot purchase for beneficiary.

NO TOUCHES

i arrived here in san francisco last feb 12,2009 and i took eva air too i just payed 517 dollars only... eva air is very good airplane

Timeline

i arrived here in san francisco last feb 12,2009 and i took eva air too i just payed 517 dollars only... eva air is very good airplane

Seems like they really have a nice fleet... :thumbs:

NO TOUCHES

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I bet you got the first time immigrant rate... way cheaper than ordinary fare.... So for others who are still planning to buy their OW tket to the USA, ask for a FIRST TIME IMMIGRANT RATE... :)

nope. travel agent said K-1 is not an immigrant visa. If it is for first time immigrant rate, airline will reject the booking without a copy of the visa issued by the embassy.

it was just a one-way fare that we bought. however, she said there are rates also for first time immigrant and filipinos working abroad (I didn't bother to ask about that).

I flew with EVA AIR also during my first time here in the US the stop over is in Taipe?, $500 thats cheap it was included travel tax? mine its like around 600 i think i cant remember the exact amount and it depends on the season too...

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

Timeline

okay with permission from the moderator, here's the contact details for this company:

http://www.santraphael.com/

St. Raphael Travel & Tours

210 Grace Bldg. Ortigas Avenue, Greenhills, San Juan Metro Manila

Tel. No.: (632) 724 1629 / 724 8098/ 494 6735

Cell No.: (632) 922 8344266

Office Hours

Mon – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Sat 9:00 am to 12:00 noon

email:

straphael@qsrasia.com

st.raphaeltravel@yahoo.com

NO TOUCHES

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.