SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Afternoon Ladies!

I can't believe the price of these shots! :huh: Good thing we were able to locate his shot records but I am sure he will need more. @ 25.00- 100.00 a POP that is highway robbery! Well we are going to make the appointment tomorrow in Kingston and that is the 1st question I will be asking.

i'm anticipating having to spend alot of money on these shots becuz i dont think my fiance has had any recent ones..he's probally gonna need every one a dem ..

I was reading the list and its like 12 shots OMG that was my fear too....... My cousin who just migrated to Canada said they gave him an extra shot because he had tattoos, maybe that was tetanus.

There's a list?

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is the list from the DOS site:

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS CONCERNING VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

-- Acellular pertussis

-- Hepatitis A

-- Hepatitis B

-- Human papillomavirus (HPV)

-- Influenza

-- Influenza type b (Hib)

-- Measles

-- Meningococcal

-- Mumps

-- Pneumococcal

-- Pertussis

-- Polio

-- Rotovirus

-- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

-- Varicella

-- Zoster

In order to assist the panel physican, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition. For more detailed information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Panel Physician Technical Instructions for Vaccination.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Of course the men don't need the HPV shot but that one shot is like $225 from what I have heard.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Wow thanks Sus that was more than the one on the Embassy site :o

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is the list from the DOS site:

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS CONCERNING VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

-- Acellular pertussis

-- Hepatitis A

-- Hepatitis B

-- Human papillomavirus (HPV)

-- Influenza

-- Influenza type b (Hib)

-- Measles

-- Meningococcal

-- Mumps

-- Pneumococcal

-- Pertussis

-- Polio

-- Rotovirus

-- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

-- Varicella

-- Zoster

In order to assist the panel physican, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition. For more detailed information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Panel Physician Technical Instructions for Vaccination.

OMG !! Thanks shanette and sus for the info.. :wow:

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shanette...have you tried looking on Ebay or amazon.com?

Does anyone know if our SO needs a interview letter to get the shots? Can he just go to a hospital and get one? I wouldn't mind if Lance could get a couple every now and then so he won't have to get so many at one time.

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

No but thanks for the idea. I don't know about the shot thing....I don't see why not.

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline
I always recommend the Jamaican make the appointments. Funny how the price goes up once they hear an American voice. Two of my friends had serious problems with Dr. Banbury's office.

What kind of problems Shemmy? I was starting to think we were just dealing with our bad luck, but now that I hear others are having problems maybe it's not just us.

This is the ####### we have been dealing with - When he was in the bus accident he lost the envelope that had the police report and medical in it, but didn't notice. When I was prepping for interview I was putting everything together and it was gone. So we were blue slipped for the police report and medical. Embassy called Branbury to get a copy of the medical and A got another police report and dropped it off on February 11. He left his passport and paid the DHL fee that day too.

Branbury's office couldn't find his medical - so he needs to do another one. He goes (trip 1) - they won't do it without his passport. Embassy even calls Branbury's office and he still won't do it so back to embassy he goes to pick up passport. Goes the very next day (trip 2) Branbury won't do it without the interview letter! I faxed him down a copy of our interview letter and a copy of the email from the embassy that he had an appointment for yesterday to drop off a completed medical (which he should've had by then!!). Goes again (trip 3) - they call the police on him because they think he is trying visa fraud!! At the police station they talk to the embassy who says yes, he just needs a medical. Police tell Branbury that and they say come back. He was already late for work so he said he would be back the next day. He goes next day (trip 4) and they say no medical (doc has now talked to the embassy 3xs!!) - go to the embassy and get a blue slip. So now he has to wait till Tuesday the 10th to get a blue slip. He has made 4 trips to Branbury's office for all this ####### and working on 2 trips to the embassy - meanwhile missing work. His supervisor is all up in his face about missing all this time from work.

But on another note I will say this again, the embassy has been very helpful with all of the ####### we have been going through.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Evening Yardies!

I called NVC today and found out they sent our petition package to the embassy two days ago. Boy it's moving along quick! Mister finally has his non-impediment form in his hand so that's good. Now we have to get all his vaccinations too because he has no prior records. Don't think he's ever had his 'jooks'.

Welcome Sam & Rasta and Brooke!

sus;

I lost 10lbs, so I can fit in the grip now...what time should I be at the airport?

well mi lose 20lb, so sus carry me, i'll even pay the extra grip fee

cho man :angry: move ovah likkle den :bonk:

:rofl::rofl:

LOL, You all have me dying with the weight loss - I have been gaining :cry:

Me too! Bored and lonely = EAT :(

Lawd di man gawn to get one 4th chip today :wacko::lol::blush:

Question: Is Kingston the only place for him to apply for his passport?

Wooiee Japrincess - you'll sure love to chat for sure!! Where do you find the time?!?! You don't sleep?

Congrats on the 30 lbs!

LOL, You all have me dying with the weight loss - I have been gaining :cry:

Me too Sus.... :crying: Instead of getting on the treadmill last night, I make a banana cream pie - complete with real whip cream! :bonk: Had a piece for breakfast this morning too.... :bonk::bonk: I gotta get out of this slump..... :help:

1 luv I sent u a PM...

sus/TL;

I feel you're pain, when I'm STRESSED I over eat

I overeat for stress, anxiety, boredom, loneliness....you name it!

JAPrincess, I'm pretty sure Kingston is the only place you can get a passport but not totally certain. Did anyone else answer that for you??

Can't believe your man bought a 4th chip! LOL! Mine still needs to go buy a 2nd one!

Timeline
Evening Yardies!

I called NVC today and found out they sent our petition package to the embassy two days ago. Boy it's moving along quick! Mister finally has his non-impediment form in his hand so that's good. Now we have to get all his vaccinations too because he has no prior records. Don't think he's ever had his 'jooks'.

You're moving along Ells! You can fire the DS230 email off anytime if it is completed. Try his school - that's where A had to get his jook record from.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Hey guys!

Things are going great!

Hubby is settling in nicely. He had 3 days to settle in at home and then today and tomorrow he is working with our friends in getting the seeds planted for their greenhouse

Last night we (HE) had an interview with a local Dr. and his wife for a 2nd ranch hand on the alpaca farm (it is mostly farm work..not as much alpaca work) and starts Tuesday!

It isnt GREAT pay and he will have to work Saturdays and and a few hours on Sundays :( ....but other than that it seems a perfect fit!

We are just glad to get him ANY job in this economy! and so quickly!

Also- we have NO public transportation so M will need a car quick. Some family has a 199 Mitsibishi Eclipse, standard for sale because they are having another baby and its too little..does anyone have any opinions or reviews on that car

I want him to get a truck, but he wants a small car (whatever) and the plus side is it gets better gas mileage

ok. well, I see we have quite a few newbies!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Great news Shrewdie!

Congrats, Shrewdie. Happy to hear.

I love alpaca's. I want some so bad. Jealous!

they kinda kreep me out

I guess because they are right at my face level and they get right up in your space. I always feel like one is just gonna jump out and kiss me...strange.. I know..

:rofl:

Speaking of riding....I have been on a tangant lately. This guy I know gave me a really cool cowboy hat recently. For my birthday, I am seeking out someplace around here where I can ride the mechanical bull. I'm obcessed.

:lol: Okay, if I hear of any places with a mechanical bull in your area, I'll let you know! But you have to promise to have it videotaped so we can all watch it!

I am so bored today guys

This has been a loooong week!

How is everyone?

JGay..how is hubby adjusting??

Pecky's hubby is coming home today :thumbs:

How can you be bored with hubby around??

YAY Pecky!

I am so bored too. I should have just worked from home.

I'm not bored, just unfocused and unmotivated......

Hey Patty..

Same here on that account too! :yes:

Filed: Timeline

TL;

you're not the only one that had problems with Dr. "bc"Barngraby. My SO's friend had his medical in October, he lived in Mobay but they were booked out so he had to go to Kingston and he was told he had to go back to pick it up, when he went back, they couldn't find it. He waited 3 hours for them to look for it but they told him they're too busy and to come back the next day. Imagine, you come from 'bay to Kingston and they telling you to come back. He picked it up the day of his interview.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Any one know how much extra they charge for shots at the medical? C goes tomorrow for his medical and is taking a total of 10,000J. Do you think that is enough to cover the medical and the shots?

Hopefully the 18,000 will be enough but he may need just a little more than that especially since the JA dollar exchange is so bad (for them) right now.

Hello Everyone

I think my SO took $250/US. He had to get 3 shots and that took all his money

Does anyone know if it is possible to wire money in USD to your SO? I was thinking for the $95, he'd get a better deal than if I wired him money and it was converted to JA....I'd have to wire quite a bit more now to make that amount.

Girl who you telling? I was like damn when was the last time you had medical care. And he said that the nurse poke him at the same time with 2 shots in the same arm. My poor baby!!! Yea if I see that nurse I'm going to give her a piece of my mind for trying to hurt my boo :bonk:

I had my SO go to the clinic in Mobay to find out what shots he needed and got them there. My SO's cousin paid Dr. "bc" nearly $350.

$350!!!! How many did he get? We are thinking C only needs two but who knows for sure. Okay so he is taking $18000J better be enough.

As long as he stays away from BC Branbury he should be fine. When I made the initial appointment way back when she told me on the phone that he needed to bring $90 for the medical and $200 for the vaccinations! But I guess it's the same way here - Sunny said the want to charge $100 for one shot for Ray.

I always recommend the Jamaican make the appointments. Funny how the price goes up once they hear an American voice. Two of my friends had serious problems with Dr. Banbury's office.

SO TRUE!!! In fact, I just called MoBay Hope today to ask how much for ALL his shots since he's never had any if he does it at the same time as the medical and the lady told me $10,000 JA for all of them. That's in addition to the $95 US for the medical. At this point, I'm making him call around to all the local clinics to try and find out who can get those shots for him for cheaper.

Timeline
Afternoon Ladies!

I can't believe the price of these shots! :huh: Good thing we were able to locate his shot records but I am sure he will need more. @ 25.00- 100.00 a POP that is highway robbery! Well we are going to make the appointment tomorrow in Kingston and that is the 1st question I will be asking.

i'm anticipating having to spend alot of money on these shots becuz i dont think my fiance has had any recent ones..he's probally gonna need every one a dem ..

Have him start working on it now - little by little.

yea i know ..he needs to.. i'm gonna ask him about it ..so how is he going to know which one he needs? are they gonna tell him what ne needs when he gets his interview letter??

I was gonna post but Sus found that info and that's pretty much it.

It's on the instruction page of the medical form that comes in Packet 3:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/KNG-ME...L-0001-0707.pdf

and lists:

Mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), pneumococcal, and influenza

Shanette...have you tried looking on Ebay or amazon.com?

Does anyone know if our SO needs a interview letter to get the shots? Can he just go to a hospital and get one? I wouldn't mind if Lance could get a couple every now and then so he won't have to get so many at one time.

No letter needed for the shots...he can go to any clinic in his area to get them. Just make sure he gets record of all the shots he got so he can take that with him to the medical exam. It's a good idea for him to start getting them done ahead of time...will probably save some $$ in the long run. That's what I'm having my SO do anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.