jenni and sami

Travel to US whilst awaiting Visa

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can anyone offer advice on the following?

My fiance and I are in the early stages of applying for a K-1 visa for myself. We have just received our NOA1 today. Unfortunately I have to go back to the UK at the end of the week as my Visa Waiver runs out.

We were wandering whether it is possible for me to re-enter the country temporarily again to visit whilst we await an interview at the embassy? We understand that it is possible to do so on another Visa waiver, but that it is a risk as the immigration officer may suspect I will try to stay, and will therefore turn me back, causing problems with my application in the future. Does anyone have any experience of this? Has anyone applied for a tourist or other type of visa that would allow them to visit for a few weeks whilst they waited for the immigration visa process to run its course?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Can anyone offer advice on the following?

My fiance and I are in the early stages of applying for a K-1 visa for myself. We have just received our NOA1 today. Unfortunately I have to go back to the UK at the end of the week as my Visa Waiver runs out.

We were wandering whether it is possible for me to re-enter the country temporarily again to visit whilst we await an interview at the embassy? We understand that it is possible to do so on another Visa waiver, but that it is a risk as the immigration officer may suspect I will try to stay, and will therefore turn me back, causing problems with my application in the future. Does anyone have any experience of this? Has anyone applied for a tourist or other type of visa that would allow them to visit for a few weeks whilst they waited for the immigration visa process to run its course?

This question is asked over & over here(not directed at you-I just think maybe we should pin this topic somewhere-what do you guys say?)

Ok you can visit here while you are awaiting approval of a k-1 visa but you should bring A LOT of proof to show the CBP officer at the POE that you will be returning after your visit(a mortgage-letter from employer/school-things like this).

You always run the risk of being refused entry here-I wouldn't suggest coming right back over if you have just left on the VWP. As long as you don't overstay, you can return home wait a few months then come back over. You may luck out & get approved quickly for the K-1. Most people on here have been apart from there loved ones for months & sometimes years-we all wish that we could be together while the process runs it course-but for most it isn't an option :no: Other vjers will give you some more opinions-good luck!

oh-I don't think you can apply for a b-2(tourist) visa while waiting for a k-1. Someone will tell you for sure!

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.