pho4ray

6-8 weeks for the visa to arrive??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello again fellow VJ'rs..I called the embassy today and they told me that the counsel who interviewd (feb 4th) my fiancee has not issued a visa yet. It usually takes 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made??? Is this correct???? Wow this really is making me worry. Feels like something is wrong with our case. I mean they issued her a pink slip and told her to pay the air21 fee, he even said everything went fine....I dont understand

dsc04224md7.jpg

That is probably their standard answer. Unless the officer detected something the visa will most likely be issued within a week. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

That is probably their standard answer. Unless the officer detected something the visa will most likely be issued within a week. Good luck :thumbs:

I agree

That is probably their standard answer, just like a robot......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

seems like i must have a problem with our visa..i see everyone getting their notifications from air 21 and visa's deliverd within 3-7 days. i havent received 1 notice or any information on our status....im very worried now.....grr i cant wait to get all of this over with.

dsc04224md7.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello... you're not alone... we have same situation... i was done in my interview also last Jan. 27,2009 and until this time i don't receive my visa... today we call the embassy and they said my papers was still there in the printing area...i can't understand why it took so long for them to release the visa , once it was approve... they said every case are different...oohh my goshh...

what window you're fiancee was interview?

shF5m5.png

29722_112256618812440_1000008430620.jpg

Did they keep your passport? Did you have to pay the delivery service? If worse comes to worse have your fiance call the embassy. The lady at extension 5184 was very helpful when the staff misplaced Claudeth's police clearance translation.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

seems like i must have a problem with our visa..i see everyone getting their notifications from air 21 and visa's deliverd within 3-7 days. i havent received 1 notice or any information on our status....im very worried now.....grr i cant wait to get all of this over with.

I recieved mine more than 3 weeks, we were also very worried at that time so my husband called embassy after 3 weeks of waiting and told us to not to worry coz they said they all all documents from us that they need and they just only waiting some information from NSO.U will be the one of luckiest if u get ur visa in a week. I also have a friend got her visa after 6 weeks. So maybe 6 to 8 weeks visa process is their most ultimatum time they will give u but who knows in couple more days and they will deliver it. Stay cool and focus in all preparation u guys doing now for the most waiting day of her arrival here in U.S :D

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Timeline
Hello again fellow VJ'rs..I called the embassy today and they told me that the counsel who interviewd (feb 4th) my fiancee has not issued a visa yet. It usually takes 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made??? Is this correct???? Wow this really is making me worry. Feels like something is wrong with our case. I mean they issued her a pink slip and told her to pay the air21 fee, he even said everything went fine....I dont understand

I received my visa after 1month my husband and I also feel the same way............we called the embassy but same answer i got....we text the delbros its says that still on process at the embassy.......my husband called the US embassy manila (he is my fiancee that time im k1 also) they said that my application is under review waiting for final decision.........im done with my interview last Sept.22,2008 and i received a text message after my fiancee called the US embassy manila ( he called up the embassy that is oct.21,2008) then i received a text message at the next day Oct.22,2008 and they deliver my visa packet and my passport by Oct.23,2008...... some of people who i met also a vj members they have same problem it take 6-8 weeks or sometimes its 3months.................some are only 2 weeks........it depends how they process ur doc. but after that long wait u and ur fiancee will be happy .....i am happy now im married now with my fiancee now my husband.....just be patient and pray hard to God .....always be loving to each other bcoz of the long wait..... :dance: :dance: :star: :star: :star:

Timeline

thanks for all the info guys :) i really appreciate everyones help and experience.. i called the embassy (632) 301-2000 pressed 0, talked to operator and transfered to visa services..i then talked to a nice filipina named grace and she was probably the best person who i have talked to regarding this whole process. very helpfull and to top all the good customer service she tracked our case #dwn and told us that our visa was just printed out yesterday and will be released this tues to be delivered..what a relief it is to know that...it is much better to call this number then to call the visa information customer service number..they didnt really help and just told me to wait. the lady was even answering me by saying mmmhu not yes or no...very bad service......btw i recommend all us petitioners to call the number up top and ask for a status update if you havent heard anything since your last interview date if you are waiting for your visa for along time...

Edited by pho4ray
dsc04224md7.jpg

Timeline

I had the same answer when I called USEM last year Nov. 27, 2008. They said that my visa will take 6-8 weeks but guess what.... I received my visa Dec. 3, 2008. USEM call center agents are just reading on what their system says on their computer they really don't know what is going on inside the USEM cuz they are not located inside the USEM building. Don't worry her visa will be in her hand sooner.....God bless.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.