mark89134

K-1 Documents mailed from NVC to China

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My visa petition was approved recently, sent to the national visa center and then quickly sent to the Guangzhou consulate in China. But during this time I have heard and read that it may take as long as three to four months to arrive at the embassy due to strict Chinese customs. And I'm wondering also what if my approved petition expires before an interview is even granted for my fiance? I would appreciate so much any input, help, or advice from anyone who has been through this similar experience, especially involving China. Thank You Very Much...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Don't worry, the consulate will automatically extend it for you.

10-28-2008 - I-129F petition in the mail

11-03-2008 - NOA1

03-26-2009 - NOA2

04-23-2009 - P3

06-11-2009 - P4

07-16-2009 - interview - APPROVED

07-22-2009 - visa in hand

08-05-2009 - US entry

09-13-2009 - wedding

10-20-2009 - AOS application in the mail

10-28-2009 - NOA

11-25-2009 - biometrics appointment

12-18-2009 - EAD approved

12-22-2009 - EAD card received

01-28-2010 - interview - APPROVED

02-12-2010 - green card received

11-07-2011 - I-751 petition in the mail

11-10-2011 - NOA

12-30-2011 - biometrics appointment

08-13-2012 - approval

03-28-2013 - N-400 application in the mail

04-02-2013 - NOA

04-30-2013 - biometrics appointment

06-13-2013 - interview - APPROVED

08-26-2013 - oath

Timeline
Don't worry, the consulate will automatically extend it for you.

Thanks, that's a plus! I believe you are still waiting for your approval? Mine went fine in about five months and the NVC process was very quick and then electronically sent to Guangzhou. But have you heard anything of the time length of getting the documents from the NVC to Guangzhou? I hope it's exagerrated. Thanks again! Mark

Timeline

Yes, I'm still waiting.

I keep hearing three to four months from NVC - GUZ as well. You should check out http://candleforlove.com if you haven't already. It will help you prepare for the interview.

11-03-2008 - NOA1

03-26-2009 - NOA2

04-23-2009 - P3

06-11-2009 - P4

08-05-2009 - US entry

09-13-2009 - wedding

10-28-2009 - NOA

11-10-2011 - NOA

08-13-2012 - approval

04-02-2013 - NOA

08-26-2013 - oath

Timeline
Yes, I'm still waiting.

I keep hearing three to four months from NVC - GUZ as well. You should check out http://candleforlove.com if you haven't already. It will help you prepare for the interview.

Thanks Again! I am reseaching all over the place and so is my fiance. She has called customs in Beijing and they say that the 3 to 4 months sounds very extreme and unusual as they do not normally even open up documents. The parcel was sent through DHL. Well, if I find any other info I will forward it to you if you like...Thanks Again! And I will check out the site...

Timeline

I think most of the wait is because GUZ is so backlogged. They just use the excuse that it's in customs. I don't know why they don't open up one or more other consulates to handle this process. After all, it is the most highly populated country in the world.

11-03-2008 - NOA1

03-26-2009 - NOA2

04-23-2009 - P3

06-11-2009 - P4

08-05-2009 - US entry

09-13-2009 - wedding

10-28-2009 - NOA

11-10-2011 - NOA

08-13-2012 - approval

04-02-2013 - NOA

08-26-2013 - oath

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

like he said, GUZ is the busiest US consulate in the world. it handles all kinds of visas, for all kinds of pourposes. they are hellin' busy, and the call number you get for progress is a waste of time and effort, as it's staffed by chinese.

our case was approved at vermont, then at NVC, then sent to GUZ. took 4 months thereafter for us to get package 3. we returned the completed package, and heard nothing until I called a month later. they had sent it back to NVC because it lacked an IMBRA form (was filed a week after IMBRA was required, but 3-4 months before the IMBRA form was even available or advertised. 40,000 couples were caught up in that mess). we finally got it RFE'd and resent from vermont to NVC to GUZ. 3 months this time, as well, before 2nd package 3. visa in hand shortly thereafter, for a total process time of 17 months. thankfully, I was in china most of that time, but it did make it difficult to respond to their RFE, etc.

better luck to both of you guys, we hope.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline
like he said, GUZ is the busiest US consulate in the world. it handles all kinds of visas, for all kinds of pourposes. they are hellin' busy, and the call number you get for progress is a waste of time and effort, as it's staffed by chinese.

our case was approved at vermont, then at NVC, then sent to GUZ. took 4 months thereafter for us to get package 3. we returned the completed package, and heard nothing until I called a month later. they had sent it back to NVC because it lacked an IMBRA form (was filed a week after IMBRA was required, but 3-4 months before the IMBRA form was even available or advertised. 40,000 couples were caught up in that mess). we finally got it RFE'd and resent from vermont to NVC to GUZ. 3 months this time, as well, before 2nd package 3. visa in hand shortly thereafter, for a total process time of 17 months. thankfully, I was in china most of that time, but it did make it difficult to respond to their RFE, etc.

better luck to both of you guys, we hope.

Thank you much...sorry to hear of the turmoil you went through and all the time. I believe somewhat that the GUZ consulate is using the Chinese customs as somewhat of a wedge for them, as for all the time it takes to get package 3...but we will deal with it and I will go back to China in early summer. Thanks again and hope all is well! Mark in Las Vegas

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My visa petition was approved recently, sent to the national visa center and then quickly sent to the Guangzhou consulate in China. But during this time I have heard and read that it may take as long as three to four months to arrive at the embassy due to strict Chinese customs. And I'm wondering also what if my approved petition expires before an interview is even granted for my fiance? I would appreciate so much any input, help, or advice from anyone who has been through this similar experience, especially involving China. Thank You Very Much...

No worries about the petition approval expiring. It isn't delayed by Chinese Customs. GUZ simply uses the DHL warehouse for storage. They'll send the documents clearing the packages when they are ready to work them. It usually takes from 6 to 12 weeks.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

No worries about the petition approval expiring. It isn't delayed by Chinese Customs. GUZ simply uses the DHL warehouse for storage. They'll send the documents clearing the packages when they are ready to work them. It usually takes from 6 to 12 weeks.

I'm wondering now with all this delay with GUZ and not yet of my fiance receiving package 3....if I need to update my bank information from the info I have from Feb. 2009, and of her police records obtained recently. I hear that all GUZ needs are my bank and income tax records, and am wondering how updated this info has to be along with her police record prior to the interview, with all this delay. I want to thank you for any advice you may have, I believe it will still be another month or so before she receives package 3...it was sent to GUZ around Feb. 4th. Thank You so much again if you get this! Mark

Timeline

I'm wondering now with all this delay with GUZ and not yet of my fiance receiving package 3....if I need to update my bank information from the info I have from Feb. 2009, and of her police records obtained recently. I hear that all GUZ needs are my bank and income tax records, and am wondering how updated this info has to be along with her police record prior to the interview, with all this delay. I want to thank you for any advice you may have, I believe it will still be another month or so before she receives package 3...it was sent to GUZ around Feb. 4th. Thank You so much again if you get this! Mark

The NVC documents were sent to GUZ around Feb. 4th...Thanks Again!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You might update the pay stubs closer to the interview but the police report is good for a year.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.