USMA

Email from CA saying my case was received from NE

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I checked my case status today and read this:

"On June 14, 2006, your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates. "

Does that mean that I have a NEW NOA1 date?! My original NOA1 date was 5/5/06 when I sent it to Nebraska. On June 1 the case was transferred to California. Are they giving new NOA1 dates when the cases are transferred?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I checked my case status today and read this:

"On June 14, 2006, your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates. "

Does that mean that I have a NEW NOA1 date?! My original NOA1 date was 5/5/06 when I sent it to Nebraska. On June 1 the case was transferred to California. Are they giving new NOA1 dates when the cases are transferred?

If your notice says the same thing as mine:

QUOTE:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On June 14, 2006, your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

END QUOTE:

Then as it state the processing time will be according to the notice that you received, past tense meaning prior to this notice. the original dates still apply.

But what is alarming is their lack of editing...note the use of the word the two times together "Follow the the link below for current processing dates. " :blink: and the fact that they tell us to follow the link below...but there is no link :blink: and we are paying these guys up to $98,000 a year :no::(

Edited by lt&gh

Filed: Timeline

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

END QUOTE:

Then as it state the processing time will be according to the notice that you received, past tense meaning prior to this notice. the original dates still apply.

But what is alarming is their lack of editing...note the use of the word the two times together "Follow the the link below for current processing dates. " :blink: and the fact that they tell us to follow the link below...but there is no link :blink: and we are paying these guys up to $98,000 a year :no::(

This is the entire message that they sent me:

"Case Status

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On June 14, 2006, your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to see the Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions, click here.

Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.

If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame, please contact the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY). "

They didn't include in my message: "*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message"

I'm hoping that my original NOA1 is still being used.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Take a look at the end of this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=16060&st=135

Most people who were transferred from NSC to CSC got this same email or 5 or variations of it.

Your NOA1 date is not going to change because that is the date they - USCIS - initially received your petition. Since nothing on the email or hard copy (no doubt you received 1 or 2) indicates a different NOA date or a different case number, there won't be a problem.

Don't be thrown off by the poorly written, confusing emails from USCIS. They have already more than proven to us that they are incapable of providing clear information. Stick with your NOA1 date and do your best to be patient.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.