Jump to content

NEW JOB FILING TAXES as Self-employed


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I wonder if anyone can direct me to another web site forum that discusses how I need to file for my taxes.

I am self employed - I clean 2 homes and work 5 hours a week for a Dr. as his secretary which I have been doing since Dec 08. Cleaning I haven't filed taxes as I haven't been earning over $400 per year.

I don't know if I need to register my so called 'business' I don't know if I have to file a 1099 or 1040. Then which 1040 do I file, does the fact I am a green card holder mean I have to file a different form?

If I can be directed to the right place please help!

I need an answer in laymans terms!


If there is a thread in here with answers to some of my questions, please include the link.

Thanks ::)

Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...