3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
You guys will be approved, the longer it's pending the better chance u have, if they wanted to deny ur case it would've been done a while back

+1. :thumbs:

Dear Niagara,

Thanks. You are there for all of us. How things going on your end. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I am waiting for interview. It's supposed to be before the end of the year, that's what my attorney told me.

I was reading LostinNJ link, maybe they will send me green card without interview because i already had my I-485 interview in 2006 with my ex.

Dear honest

I dont filed my VaWa yet, because I m still gathering evidences.and Today I just got my restraining Order.. I will file it soon .. for now I am waiting for my insurance copy..

I am waiting for interview. It's supposed to be before the end of the year, that's what my attorney told me.

I was reading LostinNJ link, maybe they will send me green card without interview because i already had my I-485 interview in 2006 with my ex.

Dear honest

I dont filed my VaWa yet, because I m still gathering evidences.and Today I just got my restraining Order.. I will file it soon .. for now I am waiting for my insurance copy..

I cant afford lawyer thats why I am asking if I can file it by my self

Timeline
Dear honest

Dear ashleyblack,

I took almost 5 months to just gather all the information. But Don't waste that long. First check in the USCIS website in the I-360 instruction and also in the website. http://www.asistaonline.org/vawa.asp they provide a bunch of sample documents like table of content for I-360 application, cover letter, checklist before sending your application, etc. If I get some time, I will go through the above mention website and send you the list of documentation requires for filing your VAWA.

If you have questions, please let us know. We all will help you. you can also check with Catholic Charities.

Your spouse is an US citizen or GC holder?

Edited by Honest

Timeline

Dear Niagara,

I wish you ALL THE BEST to get the Green Card without an interview. I think Obama Govt. speed up the Immigration cases.

As of 31st August the average processing time for the VAWA is 13.3 months. I hope things moves faster for all of us.

Niagara, when did u apply for AOS and when was your I-360 approved?

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Hi everyone, I was just looking over my approval notice. I was married to a US citizen, can someone tell me why on the approval notice it says Priority Date: February 4, 2008? Is that standard? Isn't priority dates only if you have to wait for a visa number to become available?

N-400 Naturalization

can't edit now. my priority Date is May,2002.

So u were married to an LPR? I'm married to a US citizen, all my I-797C notice of action doesn't have priority dates, I just read the I-797 Approval and it says I have a priority date of Feb 04, 2008. I'm lost as to why I have a priority date if I was married to a US citizen.

N-400 Naturalization

Timeline

Dear Niagara & lostinNJ,

Current processing date as per the travel.state.gov website

Fam-ily All Charge- ability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPP-INES

1st 15OCT03 15OCT03 15OCT03 08JUL92 22OCT93

2A 15AUG05 15AUG05 15AUG05 15JUN03 15AUG05

2B 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01 01JUN92 15MAY98

3rd 01MAR01 01MAR01 01MAR01 01MAY92 22OCT91

4th 15JUN99 15JUN99 15JUN99 08NOV95 15JAN87

You guys married to an US citizen and you don't have to worry about anything, you will get the GC pretty soon. I mean within 3 months from your VAWA approval

Dear honest

Dear ashleyblack,

I took almost 5 months to just gather all the information. But Don't waste that long. First check in the USCIS website in the I-360 instruction and also in the website. http://www.asistaonline.org/vawa.asp they provide a bunch of sample documents like table of content for I-360 application, cover letter, checklist before sending your application, etc. If I get some time, I will go through the above mention website and send you the list of documentation requires for filing your VAWA.

If you have questions, please let us know. We all will help you. you can also check with Catholic Charities.

Your spouse is an US citizen or GC holder?

I have been looking all the information about vawa,

I am married to USC..

thanks Honest.I hope I make this soon ....its been a month since I left.

Timeline

Dear ashleyblack,

Since you married to a US citizen. you can apply for your EAD (Form I-765), GC (Form I-485) along with your VAWA application.

USCIS will approve your EAD pretty soon and you can able to work independently.

USCIS processing time for EAD is maximum 3 months and for the VAWA 13.3 months. Once your VAWA approved you will get your interview and GC within 3 months (Maximum).

Wish you all the best with your paper work. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Honest

Timeline

So u were married to an LPR? I'm married to a US citizen, all my I-797C notice of action doesn't have priority dates, I just read the I-797 Approval and it says I have a priority date of Feb 04, 2008. I'm lost as to why I have a priority date if I was married to a US citizen.

Dear lostinNJ,

If you're married to a US citizen, you will get the GC soon. You can call the USCIS Customer Service and check with them regarding the Priority date.

I hope there is nothing wrong about it and wish you a GOOD LUCK.

Edited by Honest

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.