Aloha

He is coming... will it be a probem for the K1 process?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and as i couldn't find the answer for my question here i am posting... :blush:

After 5.5 loooong years of long distance relationship we finally posted the I129F on 01/2009 (yeah!!). But my little American decided that he could no longer be far from me and took a 6 months leave of absence from his work in the US to come be with me here in europe and learn some of my language. He is getting in next week, i'm so excited but i can't help but wonder...

-Will the USCIS mailing be forwarded or are they non forwardable mails?

-If I get called to the interview when he is still here he won't have any "pay check" for all the months he will be here...can my parents provide the proof of support? can he use his older paychecks to prove support?

- As he will be here... with me everyday...( :dance: ) no more gigantic phone bills! no more hours online with the webcam and looooong instant messenger history... will his presence here be enough to prove ongoing relationship? can he come with me to the interview?

Well... we are only at the begining of the process... just got the NOA1 but i can't help but wonder...

Thank you so much for any kind of help (it will help me sleep better at night! :D )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and as i couldn't find the answer for my question here i am posting... :blush:

After 5.5 loooong years of long distance relationship we finally posted the I129F on 01/2009 (yeah!!). But my little American decided that he could no longer be far from me and took a 6 months leave of absence from his work in the US to come be with me here in europe and learn some of my language. He is getting in next week, i'm so excited but i can't help but wonder...

-Will the USCIS mailing be forwarded or are they non forwardable mails?

-If I get called to the interview when he is still here he won't have any "pay check" for all the months he will be here...can my parents provide the proof of support? can he use his older paychecks to prove support?

- As he will be here... with me everyday...( :dance: ) no more gigantic phone bills! no more hours online with the webcam and looooong instant messenger history... will his presence here be enough to prove ongoing relationship? can he come with me to the interview?

Well... we are only at the begining of the process... just got the NOA1 but i can't help but wonder...

Thank you so much for any kind of help (it will help me sleep better at night! :D )

Hé Salut !

The problem you can have is if he doesn't have any money the last 6 months, you might need a co-sponsor (I think) and the co-sponsor has to be an USC, so your mom can't be yours.

For the phone bills and stuff no worries, the embassy in France doesn't ask for proof. If you have a couple pictures in case of, you will be great. For the mails part, you should put a good friend's adress in the USA who can send your mails to France. You will get the next mail in about 4 months, hopefuly your NOA2, you don't even need it in France so maybe somebody can just check and tell you that you received it.

So for me the only issue would be the money, he has to have enough money to support you and he will have to prove it with the I-134 and letter of his boss, bank account with last deposit etc... You should find a co-sponsor to be sure.

Bonne Chance

Juliette

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hey Juliette!

Merci beaucoup ;) Thank you for your reply!

I'm just stressing too much :) I should just sit down, grab a tea and calm down to wait for the next 4 to 6 months while looking for a co-sponsor:)

It's just that we've tried aaaaany kind of possible way to be together that if this doesn't work i'll have a nervous breakdown :)

Thank you again! and if you have any other advice/comment/recommendation (even if it is only to keep myself calm :)) I would really really appreciate!

Have a wonderful week!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If he is coming to visit you for an extended period of time and is travelling on a valid visa, DCF (Direct Consular Filing) may very well be an option for you. Contact the Embassy for information on DCF as it is specific to each Country. Most require a 6 month stay in the Country before marriage now.

If you do decide on the K-1 route, he will need a co-sponsor (any USC) to prove that you will not become a public charge to the U.S. once you immigrate.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.