B&S

Question about moving ..help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok here is my issue I want to go back and be with my husband I dont like this no more. So if i go back to him and he works and supports us would I still be able to get him over to the States? Cause they ask for your job referance and letters from your employer, how would i go about that? Any information about this would be helpful. My sister would joint sponsor him so thats not a issue. Thanks for any help.

Filed: Timeline
Ok here is my issue I want to go back and be with my husband I dont like this no more. So if i go back to him and he works and supports us would I still be able to get him over to the States? Cause they ask for your job referance and letters from your employer, how would i go about that? Any information about this would be helpful. My sister would joint sponsor him so thats not a issue. Thanks for any help.

For your sister to qualify as a joint sponsor she would need to do the following:

1) File her 2008 Federal Tax return. How many exemptions she files on her taxes is the basic household size: Sister alone = 1 person household. Sister and her husband = 2 person household, Sister, husband, child = 3 person household.

2) Your husband, being sponsored by your sister, is an added "family member" to the household size....So add 1 to the household size.

Example:

So if your sister is single, filed taxes as single (1) and sponsors your husband (1), her household size is considered 2, So she must meet the minimum 125% requirement of income for household size of 2 on the USCIS poverty income guidelines.

Get it?

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm a little confused about what the worry is... If you have a qualified sponsor, then what is the issue? They don't ask for job references and letters from an employer... they want to know that the USC or the sponsor (your sister in that case) has enough income to provide support. It's not about you showing that you have a job... It's about income and assets...

I know several women who married in Egypt and stayed there (some for more than a year) while they waited for their husband to get his visa. They had to have sponsors to get him here because they had zero income during that time period... but they are all here with their husbands now...

Personally my biggest fear would be finding work when you come back and having enough money to set up house when you get back... Things seem to be getting worse here every day and unless your husband is one of the VERY FEW men in Egypt who make US comparable wages... it won't be easy to save up $ from his salary there to live on here... even buying the tickets to come back on a typical Egyptian income can be difficult...

I do have to say that if you can find a way to do this it would be a wonderful thing to do... I wish I could have done it, and I wish we could have come here together with his green card in hand... able to look for work day one...

Where will you be living in Egypt... I have many American and Canadian girlfriends living there... Good luck!

I agree with this.

Just about all of us have been in your place. Waiting for a loved one to get here is rough. We get caught up in the process, the dreaming, etc. and we forget the bigger picture....the rest of our lives together post visa process. I don't know how the economy is where you're at but where I'm at it's awful. I can't imagine starting at square one in this economy. My husband's been here nearly two years and we're still battling the economy to get stabilized. Believe me I would've loved to stay with my SO in Egypt while waiting out the visa process but I thank God every day I didn't. I can't fathom the struggle we'd have had coming back here both of us jobless with little to no money. It makes my head spin just thinking about it.

Personally my biggest fear would be finding work when you come back and having enough money to set up house when you get back... Things seem to be getting worse here every day and unless your husband is one of the VERY FEW men in Egypt who make US comparable wages... it won't be easy to save up $ from his salary there to live on here... even buying the tickets to come back on a typical Egyptian income can be difficult...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm a little confused about what the worry is... If you have a qualified sponsor, then what is the issue? They don't ask for job references and letters from an employer... they want to know that the USC or the sponsor (your sister in that case) has enough income to provide support. It's not about you showing that you have a job... It's about income and assets...

I know several women who married in Egypt and stayed there (some for more than a year) while they waited for their husband to get his visa. They had to have sponsors to get him here because they had zero income during that time period... but they are all here with their husbands now...

I do have to say that if you can find a way to do this it would be a wonderful thing to do... I wish I could have done it, and I wish we could have come here together with his green card in hand... able to look for work day one...

Where will you be living in Egypt... I have many American and Canadian girlfriends living there... Good luck!

I will be in ALexandria. Right now lookn for a flat that is affordable so we can be together. Not worried about the coming back and a job. I can work anywhere they are hiring and I wouldnt care to be honest. I got enough money in the bank to be there for awhile just was scared I needed it to show them I had it so i dont spend it. I have money for there and when i come back so i will be able to rent an apartment as soon as we arrive here and give me time to find work for a couple of months. Just didnt want to mess up the visa process or not have something they needed. I think I am an idiot for coming back and not stayin in the first place when i knew i could have stayed with him.

I will be in ALexandria. Right now lookn for a flat that is affordable so we can be together. Not worried about the coming back and a job. I can work anywhere they are hiring and I wouldnt care to be honest. I got enough money in the bank to be there for awhile just was scared I needed it to show them I had it so i dont spend it. I have money for there and when i come back so i will be able to rent an apartment as soon as we arrive here and give me time to find work for a couple of months. Just didnt want to mess up the visa process or not have something they needed. I think I am an idiot for coming back and not stayin in the first place when i knew i could have stayed with him.

I lived out side USA from April 2004 to December 2006. But I maintain a bank account and driver's license. I also filed taxes (with zero, zero zero entries) with a piece of paper attached saying, "for the Tax year of 2006, I was unemployed and outside of USA. I was supported by Iranian husband who is not a resident/citizen of USA."

Just maintain a bank account, a state id or driver's license, file taxes (even if you make zero, just put zero on all the lines). All of this goes to MAINTAINING DOMICILE in USA. You can be gone for some time, but as long as you demonstrate you have ties to USA financially (by keeping bank account open) and have residence in a state (driver's license & ID). You should have no problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.