HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wanted to do that with Chada but she said Thai people would be to lazy to host a slingbox and if it broke it would be difficult to fix. She just wants to watch American TV and her soap OPERA ;) on utube. That would drive me nuts...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

I'm cool with moving the thread to the appropriate area but think there should be 1 for visa issues and 1 for everything else. The reason is it will be a beating for new people to read through pages upon pages of something to learn about 1 or 2 things.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm cool with moving the thread to the appropriate area but think there should be 1 for visa issues and 1 for everything else. The reason is it will be a beating for new people to read through pages upon pages of something to learn about 1 or 2 things.

That's a good idea. Maybe "Thai visa support" and "Say anything Thai thread"

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Could we organize it to have the informational thread to contain common Thai FAQ's in the first several posts?

For example many people including myself need / needed help with things after NOA1 through the interview. If we could package it up over the first few posts as a guide it would be great. Would the admins gives us a Thai section under Asia and let us post "stickies" in it?

Edited by Danny and Chada

Could we organize it to have the informational thread to contain common Thai FAQ's in the first several posts?

For example many people including myself need / needed help with things after NOA1 through the interview. If we could package it up over the first few posts as a guide it would be great. Would the admins gives us a Thai section under Asia and let us post "stickies" in it?

:thumbs: Very good idea and very useful

New update today I went to do police clearance certificate I have to pay 200 baht fee since when I didn't asked but till now 200 baht fee for every care. just for your info.....

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I wanted to do that with Chada but she said Thai people would be to lazy to host a slingbox and if it broke it would be difficult to fix. She just wants to watch American TV and her soap OPERA ;) on utube. That would drive me nuts...

Check out www.thaitv.tv It's about $10/mo and Rin loves it. Can watch live TV or recorded shows. Had it for two years without any issues.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

good luck on trying to put our Thai thread on sticky.. we've been trying that several times since i joined but some how - nothing happened.

I like the seperate threat...

so that when people ask questions about their visa, they dont have to read through all the other un related things or try to find their questions/answers...

and the threat will have too many pages too fast we might need a new one sooner - and all the informations will be easily lost in a pool of other topics.

but I root for sticky.. once again! lol

BTW.. Just notice.. GRATZ roi :dance::dance::dance:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

:thumbs: Very good idea and very useful

New update today I went to do police clearance certificate I have to pay 200 baht fee since when I didn't asked but till now 200 baht fee for every care. just for your info.....

I spoke to Thanti this morning about this, and wanted to give more details.

The reason she went back to the police station is due to Birchbeer's experience, in which they were told to get another original police certificate even though they had already submitted the original in their Packet3 mailing. We figured- rather than have that experience, we would get a second copy of the police certificate now before the interview, and nip that issue in the bud.

So anyway, we were going to do that last week, but then Thanti had her little motorcycle mishap. She's better now and went to the police station, as she wrote above.

The police remembered her, and asked her if she had been there before. She said yes, but then gave them a little story about how the embassy sent her to get another copy (that's a white lie - we haven't had our interview yet). Interestingly, the police guy said that he's been hearing that A LOT. Meaning - it's not just birchbeer. Pay attention folks - this seems to be the game the embassy is playing now. You provide a police certificate in Packet 3, they ignore it and send you on a goose chase for another one. :ranting: We'll try our experiment of having a second certificate ready to go, and see if that overcomes their bag of tricks.

Also, as Thanti writes, the police is now charging 200Baht for issuing the certificates. This used to be a free service. 200B is less than a $1, so it's not a financial burden by any means, but just a heads-up for everyone to be aware of.

Timeline
good luck on trying to put our Thai thread on sticky.. we've been trying that several times since i joined but some how - nothing happened.

I like the seperate threat...

so that when people ask questions about their visa, they dont have to read through all the other un related things or try to find their questions/answers...

and the threat will have too many pages too fast we might need a new one sooner - and all the informations will be easily lost in a pool of other topics.

but I root for sticky.. once again! lol

BTW.. Just notice.. GRATZ roi :dance::dance::dance:

We were recently successful in getting the STUCK AP@NVC thread pinned in the NVC forum. So Captain Ewok will respond to pin requests, if justified. Once we get a group agreement on which thread(s) we want pinned, I'm willing to approach the Captain with our pin request.

In the Regional area, I see that Australia, New Zealand, and VietNam all have their threads pinned. However Cambodia, Japan, and Thailand (us!) do not.

I think that smacks of anti Cambodian, Japanese and Thai discrimination and I plan on immediately filing a lawsuit :lol:

More seriously, if we want to consolidate all the Thailand-related community wisdom we have accumulated about visa filings, I suggest we do it as a wiki. Then we can refer noobies who come with the basic questions we all have to the Wiki page. And the discussion thread can just go on and on ....

The problem I see with trying to keep 2 separate threads, one for visa topics and one for general talk, is that it's pretty hard to enforce that. Conversation is free flowing, discussion topics branch and merge, we jump around from serious to silly all the time. Just my 2 cents - I'm happy to go along with what everyone else decides.

Timeline

Just an interesting note that we received an email reply from the embassy. They indicated the embassy received the package from NVC the same day that NVC says they sent it to the Embassy. Also that the embassy mailed us Packet III 7 days later (4/23). From that Chada just found an EMS notice in their mail of a package being received at the condominium office on 4/24. (but never picked up). LOL, Can I get some prayers for our packet III mailing??? :bonk:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Also, as Thanti writes, the police is now charging 200Baht for issuing the certificates. This used to be a free service. 200B is less than a $1, so it's not a financial burden by any means, but just a heads-up for everyone to be aware of.

I wish 200B was less than 1$ :no:

Edited by afisher

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Mailing completed Packet 3 before receiving it from the embassy

I've read a few people who have said its perfectly fine to mail in the packets 3 to the embassy after you confirm the embassy has received your case from NVC. Chada read the same thing on the Thai forums.

Who has done this?

Did you do anything special?

Did it cause any problems?

Thanks in advance for the information

I did...

I printed out all the forms online, filled them out, and sent them along with all the required documents to the embassy before the packet 3 sent from the embassy actually arrived at my house with NO problems.

By doing that, it'll save you a week or more of waiting.

Good Luck :D

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Timeline
I like the idea. Will they let us Pin a Wiki link since it would not be on VJ?

I don't think Wiki links could (or should) be pinned. I think the purpose of pinning is for discussion forums.

Also, the Wiki is part of VJ. VJ has its own Wiki, you can see all the pages at http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

You'll see that there are pages for visa processing in UK, Canada, India, quite a lot of these regional pages. I'm suggesting that we set up a Thailand page with this kind of info & structure. As a good running start for the wiki page I would include the webpage you (Danny) created for checklist of K1 Thailand specific info, and also the image scans of the new Packet 3 checklist that Pete (I think it was Pete??) posted here. We can then augment it with all the info people have amassed - certainly Scott, Aaron etc. would have lots of good pointers to contribute for the new applicants beginning their journey.

And then have a discussion thread (I nominate Sawasdee 4 as the name) in the Regional forums and ask to have that thread pinned. In the first message of the new discussion thread we could post a link to the wiki, so whoever opens the thread to page 1 will immediately have a link to the wiki.

All in favor say 'aye'. All opposed 'nay'........

I wish 200B was less than 1$ :no:

Oh, #######. I can't do math today. You're right. Make it roughly $6 USD.

I did...

I printed out all the forms online, filled them out, and sent them along with all the required documents to the embassy before the packet 3 sent from the embassy actually arrived at my house with NO problems.

By doing that, it'll save you a week or more of waiting.

Good Luck :D

Careful .... you did this several years ago. The current checklist on the embassy website is out of date. It's important to get the NEW checklist and not just download it from embassy. However if the new checklist is used, you are correct that Packet 3 can be returned before receiving it.

Timeline
Just an interesting note that we received an email reply from the embassy. They indicated the embassy received the package from NVC the same day that NVC says they sent it to the Embassy. Also that the embassy mailed us Packet III 7 days later (4/23). From that Chada just found an EMS notice in their mail of a package being received at the condominium office on 4/24. (but never picked up). LOL, Can I get some prayers for our packet III mailing??? :bonk:

We had the same experience. Embassy reports receiving the DHL on the very same day it was sent from NVC. Clearly impossible.

Then, embassy sat on it for about a week before taking any action to send out a Packet 3.

More likely- they got the DHL days later than they are reporting, and send out the P-3 promptly.

We're finding that the biggest bottleneck is in their processing the returned Packet 3. They're still sitting on it for over 3 weeks without having set an interview date yet.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.