MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hehe desi looking Germans :D

Omar.. any news from your side?

Still Pending and this time Anna (Operator) told me nothing is done to my case since the day of my interview.

Call again.. sometimes it's just the matter of the operator that you get.. I was told it's PENDING even after the visa was issued and operator pretty much yelled at me and left me teary!

Keep bugging them!

Try to call between 9-11AM US EST, thats when I usually got the nice operators!

Will do...they always ask me if i m the petitioner dont know why.They are mostly very friendly with me tho.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
omark - now thats not a good sign. You need to make their lives miserable!

I also called ISL and they told me the same thing that it is in intezami kar-ra-wi and as soon as that is done visa will be issued. I will call DOS again and try to get some answers.....So when are you leaving?

What is DOS? and whats the way to call them?

and what did you had your interview? Just asking because I and my husband are still unable to speak to any person from embassy after his interview and don't know how much more time it can be taking.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

mahzesh.. DOS is Dept. of State thats where you get the updates for your AP and their number is 202-663-1225 prompts 1 and 0 to ge the operator right away...when was his interview?

Please fill in your timeline!!!

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

mahzesh.. DOS is Dept. of State thats where you get the updates for your AP and their number is 202-663-1225 prompts 1 and 0 to ge the operator right away...when was his interview?

Please fill in your timeline!!!

Thanks for the information on DOS.

My husband had his interview on July 22nd.The interviewer told him that my father's income was below the level of supporting that many individuals (and we thought we were above the range...bad luck on our behalf). He was further told that after recieving the joint sponsor's documents,he'll be called within two weeks. Its now over three weeks. He was also given all his documents back (the original ones). I dont know whether the time is due to AP or what.

Timeline

oh ok... well you can easily check that with DOS.. Once you call them, they would let you know if he is on AP or just waiting for the documents to process through!!

Good luck :-)

Edited by waiting4approval

USCIS

NVC

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

.png

Guys!

With the blessings of God and the prayers from all of you i have gotten my visa packet today from AMEX.(Alhumdulillah!)

I submitted my new medical on 24 August,09 and received my visa packet exact after 1 week(1st September,09).

It happened quickly coz i sent my passport with missing documents.

I m thankfull to all of you for ur best wishes and prayers.

But still i would say AP is dark whole and waiting period is the worst time of the life.

Wish u best of luck guys my support and prayers are always with u.And i will keep in touch.

Timeline

Congratulations Sibtain! When are you going???

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

oh ok... well you can easily check that with DOS.. Once you call them, they would let you know if he is on AP or just waiting for the documents to process through!!

Surely I am going to call them today inshallah. One more question,they gave him all his original documents back,is it good or bad?

Guys!

With the blessings of God and the prayers from all of you i have gotten my visa packet today from AMEX.(Alhumdulillah!)

I submitted my new medical on 24 August,09 and received my visa packet exact after 1 week(1st September,09).

But still i would say AP is dark whole and waiting period is the worst time of the life.

Wish u best of luck guys my support and prayers are always with u.And i will keep in touch.

wow wow man you are lucky,very lucky......if I knew it before I would have asked my husband to send his passport along with too :(....do pray for us too

Timeline

Surely I am going to call them today inshallah. One more question,they gave him all his original documents back,is it good or bad?

Guys!

wow wow man you are lucky,very lucky......if I knew it before I would have asked my husband to send his passport along with too :(....do pray for us too

They return originals such as my birth certificate,Tax papers,pics etc.I saw copies of our pics with rest of the forms and documents CO had so i guess thats why he returned em to me.

Timeline

Congratz Sibtain.. it's over.. when are you leaving?

I feel like calling DOS its been only 10 days :)

I called 4 days after the interview so go ahead :D

mahzesh.. they returned our originals to us at the interview and we were happy to have them back.. can't afford to lose original marriage certificate, birth certificates and all that!

USCIS

NVC

.png

Does anyone know how to get a case transferred into Islamabad, Pakistan (transferred from one embassy to another)?

My fiance is a Pakistani citizen and is currently under Admin Processing in London (he interviewed on May 12, 09 at the US Embassy in London) and we don't know how long his AP will last (we have contacted senators/congressman/embassy/DOS) but he must leave the UK and go back to Pakistan by November 2009 because his student visa is going to expire in the end of Nov. So I wanted to know if anyone has experience or knows anything about getting a pending case transferred from the US Embassy in London to the US Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

mahzesh.. they returned our originals to us at the interview and we were happy to have them back.. can't afford to lose original marriage certificate, birth certificates and all that!

I called DOS today morning,first thing. Lady on the phone asked me whether my husband has got the call to send his passport and I told her no.So she said he'll be getting it soon but didn't say when but said soon. So I am bit happy and relaxed and still hopeful he maybe able to make it before Sept 15th (my due date)...oh yeah glass is half full

Timeline

I called DOS today morning,first thing. Lady on the phone asked me whether my husband has got the call to send his passport and I told her no.So she said he'll be getting it soon but didn't say when but said soon. So I am bit happy and relaxed and still hopeful he maybe able to make it before Sept 15th (my due date)...oh yeah glass is half full

Congratulations Mahzesh!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.