MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Everyone !!!!! for all the Good Wishes!!!! He is on his way now!!!!! Never flown before in his life. He is Lovin it!!!! Tried to get him a window seat all the way here. May God Bless all of you still waiting!!! Life really can change in a day, you just have to keep the Faith. Thank you for all your support. -God Bless

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OHHHHHHHHH... how exciting !! I am so happy for you girl :luv: you waited a long time for this. :dance::dance:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

wow ,thats soo exiting and soo overwheming of joy,i can just imagin the day my husband flys to me i would be soo happy,,,

kris ,what do u think about our AP ,will we also have such lovly feeling soon,,i dont know it feels like a dream to me

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Timeline

You are right Fire w wind. It is like a dream and I cannot even imagine the reality of it. I read lots of things on this site and everyone says that suddenly one day, it is over. Or they say when he gets home it will be like we were never separated. I believe what they are telling me, but, I cannot even imagine it in my mind. After all this time everything has become surreal to the both of us. Waheed and I are very good at being a Cyber Wifey and Hubby but one day it will all change. Some days I am sad, Some days I am mad, and other days I am numb. I just pray that this hell is over for all of us soon and we can be with our loved ones like browneyedgirl. She has waited a long time for this day and I am simply over-joyed for her and her guy. :luv: She has been a wonderful friend to everyone here and always willing to give support to everyone. Lots of Love sent out to browneyed girl and soon to be husband.

Hang in there Fire w wind... our happy time is coming soon. :thumbs:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

You are right Fire w wind. It is like a dream and I cannot even imagine the reality of it. I read lots of things on this site and everyone says that suddenly one day, it is over. Or they say when he gets home it will be like we were never separated. I believe what they are telling me, but, I cannot even imagine it in my mind. After all this time everything has become surreal to the both of us. Waheed and I are very good at being a Cyber Wifey and Hubby but one day it will all change. Some days I am sad, Some days I am mad, and other days I am numb. I just pray that this hell is over for all of us soon and we can be with our loved ones like browneyedgirl. She has waited a long time for this day and I am simply over-joyed for her and her guy. :luv: She has been a wonderful friend to everyone here and always willing to give support to everyone. Lots of Love sent out to browneyed girl and soon to be husband.

peace

~kris

Girls!

Plz dont forget me :crying: .I am also in the same boat.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys,

Can anyone take excess weight while traveling by Qatar airways? They allow 2 pieces each not exceeding 23 kgs. I want to take more stuff with me. How is it possible? Any response will be helpful. I want to find the cheapest way.

[/quo

emirates charge $ 175 for one extra piece which cannot exceed 32 kg,so if u want to bring extra weight in the allowed number of luggage ,i believe u can bring 9 kg extra only ,and u will pay $50 for that,or u can choose to bring 3 pieces and pay $ 175 for one extra piece for 32kg .But all this information is about emirates ,cuz I just bought tickets for Pakistan for summer.I believe there is not much difference in Qatar or emirates airlines policies,u can check on qatar airlines website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I have great news, the Visa has been issued!!!!!! I will be getting married in a few days!!!!!! Its finally over!!!!! I hope everyone else gets their visa soon!!!!!

Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Oh I also have a couple questions about the DS230, guys.

And if so, what did you guys do about the police certificate? My wife tried and they said you cannot get a police certificate unless you get the letter from the embassy. Does that have to be sent in with the DS230 packet or can we send it in later?

Do I understand this correctly: my wife can send me a filled out DS230 now (besides the signature and the date) plus all the accompanying documents so I can send them in to the NVC from the US? I searched a lot but I couldn't find what documents exactly need to be submitted with the DS-230 packet. Also did you send certified translation of the birth and marriage certificates, or the originals?

Hello! I have a question you all what happens if DS-156 1/2 and DS-157 are accidentally not enclosed in packet 3.5? Please let me know I made a mistake and getting frustrated here. Ok, write me back somebody.

Zain

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. || ...............

................. || ...............

................. ||...............

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

peace

~kris

Girls!

sibtain,,u are in my prayers and hopfully u will get out of the waiting line soon

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Filed: Timeline

peace

~kris

Girls!

sibtain,,u are in my prayers and hopfully u will get out of the waiting line soon

Well, hope the ones who got their visas are happy. I know that you're excited about being reunited with your loved ones. I am also happy because I get to see my family in Pakistan and most of all my husband in a few days. :dance:

Sibtain and everyone else waiting you'll be in my prayers. Please pray for me too. I am very sick lately and pray I do not get sick when I am on my trip. I will be there for 5 weeks and I do not want to get sick in that time. So, please keep me in your prayers/duaas. I also need prayers/duaas about the interview.

Ok, good luck everyone!

Mahitab

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Timeline

Hi Everyone

Called DOS today.. my bi-weelkly ritual. When I call them, the only response I have ever gotten from them is that our case is pending administative processing. They will never tell me anything else. Today I asked her... We have been through two home visits, three requests for more information, and 8 months of waiting since his interview ... So just what are we waiting on now? She told me that we are waiting on the name check to clear. For the first time in calling DOS, I truly feel I got an honest response from someone. ;)

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone

Called DOS today.. my bi-weelkly ritual. When I call them, the only response I have ever gotten from them is that our case is pending administative processing. They will never tell me anything else. Today I asked her... We have been through two home visits, three requests for more information, and 8 months of waiting since his interview ... So just what are we waiting on now? She told me that we are waiting on the name check to clear. For the first time in calling DOS, I truly feel I got an honest response from someone. ;)

peace

~kris

Got great news! We got our interview date! April 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anyone the paper size for printing forms..DS156 etc....The A4 paper that we usually get from any book shop are 8''x11.5''..

My Fiance sent me all the docs their paper size ws 8.5''x11''....

Is it important to hv specific paper size or it doesnt matter,and if anyone can tell me where can i gt those papers.

Im usually nt on this website bt i posetd a question while i ws fillign the forms...cutting long story short..so for benefit of other readers, i called embassy a week ago and they told me that cause i have only lived n worked in China for 11 months so i dnt hv to mention it in the form...and i even dnt need a police cert...cause 6 months is for the places tht we hv lived within pakistan...1 year criteria is for living abroad....

please help me out with paper size...

best wishes

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone

peace

~kris

Got great news! We got our interview date! April 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Wow, that was fast. I called DOS and they said my wife's interview is on Apr 13, and we had submitted our documents in Feb. I'm glad yours was faster!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.