Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Guys,

What is the best method of transferring money from Pak to U.S? Any one here who has some advice?

We always do the wire transfer with our bank or Moneygram/Western Union. Why are you transferring it? You mean because you are relocating or you need to send some money to your SO?

Oh ok, thanks yButt. What should Samir wear to his interview? What did the ones of you (males) wear to your interviews?

Well, he never wears jeans anyway so that is easy. He has a really nice pair of pants and top. Insha'Allah I will pick out his outfit myself! Oh, and can I go to the embassy with him? If so, should I dress in American or Pakistani clothing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

well i have a question if anyone of you can help or knows..

Q 20 Form DS 230 P1

it asks about all the places tht u hv lived atleast 6 mos after attaining the age of 16?

well i was working in China in 2008..i hv lived in several addresses bt nt more than 5 -5.5 months..bt i ws in the same city.should i write china .

on the biographic information...it only asked for residence for last 5 yrs..so only pakistani addresses were mentioned [tht is wht our attorney thought]..

do u think i should write china's address or i should jst write pakistani addresses..cause im currently in the same address as before i left for china..

its kind of confusing..n im nt sure wht to write...

blessings

dream-love>>>>It is an interivew afterall, thus i suggest you should also dress formal.

dress shirt n pants would do !

beckysharpe>>>dude Mary would give you the correct answer about that but i would say just write somethng like in my case i just gave one address from the day born and then no Foreign trip, which in 100% is my case. and i think thats why they thought like i am trying to hide some or whatever. i think you should mention your story from chandi chowk to china,

Hi everyone,

Q 20 Form DS 230 P1

it asks about all the places tht u hv lived atleast 6 mos after attaining the age of 16?

well i was working in China in 2008..i hv lived in several addresses bt nt more than 5 -5.5 months..bt i ws in the same city.should i write china .

on the biographic information...it only asked for residence for last 5 yrs..so only pakistani addresses were mentioned [tht is wht our attorney thought]..

do u think i should write china's address or i should jst write pakistani addresses..cause im currently in the same address as before i left for china..

blessings

Well beckysharpe'!

I think you should write that u worked in china from xxx to xxx.Coz when they will see your passport and they will come to know that u have visted of china intead of this you need to mention this already in DS 230.

Mahitab!

For you to be with ur husband at the time of interview would be best and helpfull.You can wear wwhat ever you want there is no restriction but i would suggest for u not to wear hijab.

Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Q 20 Form DS 230 P1

blessings

Hello beckysharpe,

ybutt and sibtain are correct that you must put this information down on your forms. Your passport should show and entry into China and an exit date.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Well China info n address is mentioned but in my employers list.

i hv also mentioned in the countries that i have visited.

The thing is that in biographic info it asked about residence and that is where we were told to write pakistan as my residence...even though i ws workin in China n it ws mentioned in the employers list...

so for q 20 should it match the biographic info ..or should i mention China?as it is already mentioned in the employers list..and i also hv police cert from china...

just confused about tht single question..cause it also says if u hv stayed in tht place atleast 6 mos..where as i hv only stayed for 5 mos..at one place...

will tht one question matter to them..or not..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Oh ok, thanks yButt. What should Samir wear to his interview? What did the ones of you (males) wear to your interviews?

Well, he never wears jeans anyway so that is easy. He has a really nice pair of pants and top. Insha'Allah I will pick out his outfit myself! Oh, and can I go to the embassy with him? If so, should I dress in American or Pakistani clothing?

you may accompany him.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Q 20 Form DS 230 P1

blessings

Well beckysharpe'!

I think you should write that u worked in china from xxx to xxx.Coz when they will see your passport and they will come to know that u have visted of china intead of this you need to mention this already in DS 230.

Mahitab!

For you to be with ur husband at the time of interview would be best and helpfull.You can wear wwhat ever you want there is no restriction but i would suggest for u not to wear hijab.

Best of luck

why should she take her hijaab off for some interview.

i will not suggest you take your hijaab off for this!

I know girls who went in TOTAL parda that is head to toe covered and rec'vd visa on spot. Another guy who did his prayer @ the interivew sight - waiting place; rev'd his visa on spot.

do not take ur hijaab off if u wear it all the time ! You are an American, and America i live in respect all reilgions and u will get high respect if u r covered by an american. this is a compelete misconception. I am an Amerian muslim who cover and never i was disprected because i wear a hijaab!

so i highly recommend that b yourself not b amongst the hyprocrites!

Allah knows best!

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Dream Love I am relocating. What is the process if sending $ through wire transfer. Which bank is better in this service and how much do they charge? I heard western union is ridiculously expensive.

Thanks.

Sibtain: Thanks for your kind reply, but I must wear hijab my husband is very strict in Islam and he wont let me go withouit hijab. Therefore, I will have to wear it of he will be extremely upset with me. I understand your point of view that it may cause some form of criticism for me, but I think I am strong enough to handle it. I deal with it here on a daily basis. Thanks for all your support throughout this process. Samir is very grateful that you are so kind and helpful! May Allah bless you and reward you. Jazakallahu khair.

Revived: Alhamdulillah I am Muslimah and Hijabi in my small town and criticized often but Alhamdulillah I am still covering daily. I wont remove it for the interview, but perhaps will wear it the Pakistani way! Like a duppatta or shawl. I will most likely dress in a nice Pakistani outfit because I want to feel comfortable and that is what I feel most comfortable in. Above all, I will wear hijab simply.....because I do not want them to mistake me for something I am not. You, know? I am not Christian and I do not want them to assume we are in a relationship with blended religions. I am Muslim like my husband. Jazakallahu'khair for your input on this situation. I think we are able to both understand why it is important to not try to be something you are not. I would feel half-dressed without my hijab.

Kute: Where are you living right now? If you can msg me privately then I can give you the help you need. Just send me a pm. OK? I do the bank transfers and it works thoroughly!~

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Timeline

Your husband is a good man m'A. and so are you. .may Allah sWT reward you both w/the best in this world and here after. Indeed covering is a struggle!

Let ppl respect you for who you are not how you look!

Wishing you both good lucks,

duas

Edited by Revived

Timeline

I think western union charges $10 for every $1,000. I know it's more than what one can expect but it's the fastest service available. I sent money to my mother and she received it within 30 minutes.

LoveU.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.