martinbr

Bringing my wife over

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I haven't been here for around 5 months due to an illness. But now that i have recovered from this, I want to continue to get my wife and her child over here to be with me. But I have to wait until I get a buyout from my job that is coming to a end in June, 09.

I am worried about bringing my wife over because of uncertainty of my financial situation. I have enough money to get here over here but I don't know if I am going to be working or in the unemployment line with so many other people that are out of work here.l

But with this buyout that I am getting from my job, it might be the only time for a long, long time that i would be able to pay for everything that needs to be paid to get my new family here.

Some people say I should just get her here and things will work out and that Filipinos are resilient and find some way to make it work wherever they are. There are a lot of Filipinos where I live in the S.F. bay area so maybe that would make things easier for here.

My only other option would be to just take a trip over there after my job ends and spend some time with her and try to bring her over here when things get better. I am just afraid it's going to turn into a big disaster if I don't have enough money to take care of them.

I miss my wife so much. It's going on two years since i have seen her and she really wants me to get things going here. I know she isn't going to wait forever although she said she would.

thanks,

martinbr

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-17

I-130 Approved : 2008-06-16

NVC Received : 2008-06-30

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-02

Pay I-864 Bill

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

Pay IV Bill :

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 91 days from your NOA1 date.

basing on your timeline you have already been approved few months back, doesn't it have expiration date? If you would take so much longer you will have to start over again. :(

I'm hearing you on the "tough times" in america. It is indeed tough times for most of us here. I don't really have a sound advice in your case, I would want to say Love will conquer all but when stomach is growling and you would hardly make both ends meet especially with a child in tow, it will be sooo hard. I am keeping you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Move to Dallas Texas

So far we are escaping the recession. They are building skyscrapers all over the place in Downtown Dallas.

If I was in your shoes I would do anything and all things possible to get your wife over here asap.

You know you gonna loose your job in June, then you can ride the Unemployment out for a few month and find another job.

But in the meantime you will have your wife with you and by your side, and both of you can figure out a gameplan for your lives.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Hello everyone, I haven't been here for around 5 months due to an illness. But now that i have recovered from this, I want to continue to get my wife and her child over here to be with me. But I have to wait until I get a buyout from my job that is coming to a end in June, 09.

I am worried about bringing my wife over because of uncertainty of my financial situation. I have enough money to get here over here but I don't know if I am going to be working or in the unemployment line with so many other people that are out of work here.l

But with this buyout that I am getting from my job, it might be the only time for a long, long time that i would be able to pay for everything that needs to be paid to get my new family here.

Some people say I should just get her here and things will work out and that Filipinos are resilient and find some way to make it work wherever they are. There are a lot of Filipinos where I live in the S.F. bay area so maybe that would make things easier for here.

My only other option would be to just take a trip over there after my job ends and spend some time with her and try to bring her over here when things get better. I am just afraid it's going to turn into a big disaster if I don't have enough money to take care of them.

I miss my wife so much. It's going on two years since i have seen her and she really wants me to get things going here. I know she isn't going to wait forever although she said she would.

thanks,

martinbr

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Pay I-864 Bill

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Receive IV Bill :

Pay IV Bill :

Case Completed at NVC :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

I think you should have a little more faith in your wife, and if now is when you can afford to bring her over, now is the time to do it. It's much easier to do things with two people helping each other than one person trying to do things alone. Who knows what the future holds? But if she is here with you, you can face that future together.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

basing on your timeline you have already been approved few months back, doesn't it have expiration date? If you would take so much longer you will have to start over again. :(

I'm hearing you on the "tough times" in america. It is indeed tough times for most of us here. I don't really have a sound advice in your case, I would want to say Love will conquer all but when stomach is growling and you would hardly make both ends meet especially with a child in tow, it will be sooo hard. I am keeping you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. (F)

Thank you, I have up to a year from when I make contact with the NVC which was 2 months ago so I am fine. I think I should just take the chance and get my family over here. I miss them.

martinbr

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello fellow american! don't worry I am sure everything will be okey and you will get your wife here in the U.S. I know the economy is hard and without our love ones not around makes it more seem like a hell..but I am sure god is good..I wish I didn't get it get through me.After I graduated, I got a full-time and a part-time job when I got back to the U.S.... but the job was not what I dreamed of not my line of work..i kept on thinking I didn't become an engineer to just work in this crappy job..and the economy is hard..my husband is not with me..I can't eat and sleep...ugh, I shouldn't have thought of that too much...I lost my full-time job this january but I still have the part-time job ongoing so I am thankful for that..I admit I wasn't doing my best, I was so immovable, I compulsively obsess about thinking bad thoughts and I admit of being depress because my husband was not around..and it is hard because he is my inspiration..don't worry,..everything will be okey... I learned, I will not let this get through me again..I will find another full-time job and my husband will be here this march hopefully...I wish you the best..stay strong!!!! your wife and child is depending on you..... be strong!!!

thanks,

martinbr

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Pay I-864 Bill

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Receive IV Bill :

Pay IV Bill :

Case Completed at NVC :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

thanks,

martinbr

You may want to try applying jobs overseas as contractors , the money is really good here, you can escape from recession in the US. There is lot of jobs in communication, administration, mechanical.. different jobs same as in the United States.. They provide housing (fully furnished) and company vehicles.. This will allow you to save money and get ready to live with your family, and be able to take care of them.. You can bring your family here as well, and process the immigrant visa, more easier and quicker than the US Embassy in the Philippines..

http://www.dangerzonejobs.com/artman/publi..._index_20.shtml

Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and UAE is not bad at all is pretty safe and lot of Filipinos live here. We've been here for 5 years.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Thanks to everyone's advice on getting my wife over. I talked to her aunt last night and she told me she really wants to get over here with me so I am going to go to next step here real soon and get things rolling.

take care!

martinbr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.