dphyled

Documents at the Interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So, at the interview, we don't need to worry about BRINGING anything that we previously submitted the originals for, correct? There were a few docs that the originals were submitted for, but i am especially wondering because of the Police Certificates... they took a long time to come after she requested them, and they were in that "Do not open" sealed envelope so we couldn't make copies. Anyway, all the docs that were previously submitted are supposed to have been sent to the consulate where the interview will be right? I am still going to send my wife copies of as much stuff as i can so she can bring them to the interview, but we don't need to worry about things like the police certificates right?

So, at the interview, we don't need to worry about BRINGING anything that we previously submitted the originals for, correct? There were a few docs that the originals were submitted for, but i am especially wondering because of the Police Certificates... they took a long time to come after she requested them, and they were in that "Do not open" sealed envelope so we couldn't make copies. Anyway, all the docs that were previously submitted are supposed to have been sent to the consulate where the interview will be right? I am still going to send my wife copies of as much stuff as i can so she can bring them to the interview, but we don't need to worry about things like the police certificates right?

Police certificates expire after certain period, accordingly I am bringing new one for the interview. Other documents( birth certificate, etc) are valid. So getting a new police certificate is a good idea

Timeline

Ann, thank you for the reply! On the US embassy in japan website though, under the immgrant visa area it says that Police Certificates are valid for one year, and my wife just got hers about four months ago, so they technically will still be good by the time of the interview in February. Not sure how it is for other countries, but at least should be ok for Japan i guess.

In general though, for my original question, will the original documents submitted with forms be enough?

Filed: Timeline

Police certificates expire after certain period, accordingly I am bringing new one for the interview. Other documents( birth certificate, etc) are valid. So getting a new police certificate is a good idea

yep..that is still very valid for as long as it remain sealed...my interview will be on february too in tokyo...

Timeline

yep..that is still very valid for as long as it remain sealed...my interview will be on february too in tokyo...

Cool! Good luck for the interview!! So for the police certificates, you just sent the sealed envelope with the DS-230 and are hoping that they will have it there at the interview with everything else that was submitted? Not getting new ones to bring to the interview, correct?

Timeline

dphyled, (or anybody from Japan)

My Japanese wife (in Japan) went to the station to get her police certificate. They told her they need a letter of instruction in Japanese and English from the embassy to release it to her.

I read some people got "Packet 3" which had some document that can be presented to the Japanese police to request a police certificate. I didn't get any packet. I paid the aos and iv fee online and was told, after calling NVC, to print out and submitted the aos. I didn't send in the ds230 because the police wouldn't release the certificate. NVC then sent me a letter stating I'm missing ds230 part 1. So I sent that in. I feel like I've screwed something up here.

How did you get the police certificate?

Thanks,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
dphyled, (or anybody from Japan)

My Japanese wife (in Japan) went to the station to get her police certificate. They told her they need a letter of instruction in Japanese and English from the embassy to release it to her.

I read some people got "Packet 3" which had some document that can be presented to the Japanese police to request a police certificate. I didn't get any packet. I paid the aos and iv fee online and was told, after calling NVC, to print out and submitted the aos. I didn't send in the ds230 because the police wouldn't release the certificate. NVC then sent me a letter stating I'm missing ds230 part 1. So I sent that in. I feel like I've screwed something up here.

How did you get the police certificate?

Thanks,

Joe

I have something to share... my husband and I filed the I-130 last october 20 and was approved initially immediately. Last November 6, i received a letter from the embassy stating that my husband's petition for me was approved and that i need to start working on the requiremnts such as police certificates and medical exam...and for you to acquire the police clearance, you have to show the letter from the embassy, it's actually the I-130 approval.\

My interview will be on feb. 9, 2009....we had to pending the processing for awhile bec. my husband's contract will end on May and we might move to USA on June..i heard that you have to use the visa six months after you receive it...

When will be your wife's interview?

i think that just right....on my case i submitted all including the DS-230 part 1 n 2....

Cool! Good luck for the interview!! So for the police certificates, you just sent the sealed envelope with the DS-230 and are hoping that they will have it there at the interview with everything else that was submitted? Not getting new ones to bring to the interview, correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.