Tahoma

Para sa mga Pinay...

69 posts in this topic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fishball, taho, atis, caimito at mga fresh na isda...puro frozen na tilapia at bangus kasi ang nabibili d2.

yup your really right frozen almost dito...sa amin sa pinas malapit lang kami sa dagat kaya yung mga isda na niluluto namin fresh from dagat talaga... pero kahit may pinoy food dito kakaiba pa rin ang lutong pinas..hehehehe..i want to eat sinugbang bangus...huhuhuhu

Hi VJ'ers.......pangga here...

I L..O..V..E Filipino food! When I visited baby ko in the Philippines, we mostly ate delicious Filipino dishes.

Here are some of my favorites:

> gambas.........prawns in a garlic and lemon sauce.

> adobo...........chicken or pork (or both together).......the adobo with the thick sauce is the best.

> kinilaw..........loved the white fish.....never tried the meat kinilaw.

> sinigang........yummy fresh vegetables in a tasty broth.

> Bacolod chicken inasal.......marinated and grilled chicken on a skewer.......love that sauce.

> Breakfast.......scrambled egg, garlic rice, and longanisa (or bangus, or tapas).

> Fresh-squeezed juice...mango...pineapple...dalandan...watermelon...calmansi...orange...

I'm craving it just thinking about it. Wish I could find a good Filipino restaurant in the Seattle area, but I have a feeling that that the best Filipino food is in the Philippines.

Tinapa, laing, raw mango and shrimp paste, sinigang na hipon, bulalo, purefoods hotdog, suman at biko, puto bumbong, pritong peanuts with a lot of garlic and salt, fish ball and squid balls with spicy sauce. Yun lang po.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

SAGING NAH SABA...SAWSAW SA GINAMOS!....I cant find those banana here like we had out there in the philippines!Thats d only food i missed a lot..coz most of d filipino vegetables and fruits in the philippines i could find here it not just in filipino market but also in asian market... :thumbs:

To all Pinays who are already in the US...

Anong pagkain ang pinaka-miss nyo dito sa Pinas na hindi nyo makita dyan sa lugar nyo?

:)

fresh na tamban atska kinilaw na dilis.. yung may luy-a tapos gata.. yuuummmmyyy ! Also fresh na gulay, fresh na prutas in our backyard, Fresh na mga isda, and fresh na karne :wacko:

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i miss my mom's cooking :crying:

What are some of your favorite dishes that your mom makes?

~ pangga

my mom's adobo is the best for me and my hubby, her tinola, her sinigang, her ginataang isda and lotsa. but there is a certain ulam that i only eat if she is the one who cooked it, and that is "tortang talong". aside from my mom's cooking i also miss paotsin, jollibee's cheesy fries and chicken joy, shawarma, pizza hut's cheesy puffs and alfredo, red ice tea ng tokyo tokyo, baked zitti at chicago pizza ng sbarro, fishball, siomai, squid balls, tuknene at taho.

pahabol:

chicken inasal, lechon paksiw , mango at my all time fave na kare kare

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I was still in Pinas, I was living on my own. I was not used to cook and I just ate out most of the time because I was very busy with my work and study. I did not know how to cook or cooking was not my inclination. Basically, I just loved the Filipino delicacies from the foods prepared by the chefs of the restaurants or food chains where I used to eat.

But when I arrived here in US, I learned to cook as I crave to eat those filipino delicacies in PI and after getting bored from eating almost all the time american foods. So, that's one good thing that happens me here, I am prompted to learn cooking. I miss all those foods you enumerated guys. What I do here now, I just research in the internet for some filipino recipes and try to cook those. I have to admit my cooking is not perfect and not quite similar those in PI maybe because I am not really a good cook (still a neophyte cook) :unsure: or maybe some of the ingredients are not available here....but, there is one thing I am sure of, iba talaga ang lutong pinoy!

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
banana-Q, turon with langka, sidewalk bar-b-q, IUD, adidas, tusok-tusok the fishball, halo-halo sa kanto, kare-kare with bagoong, daing na bangus, siopao, siomai, etc. etc. :crying::crying::crying: I miss them all

Yum, yum...Nagpapakasawa na ako ngayon sa mga pagkaing ganito habang nandito pa ako...

hahaha!! ako din.. lahat na nirerequest ko sa mom ko. But i think i will not miss tinola and other PI food coz my fiance eats alot of tinola and lumpia at Westland. hehehe natuwa sya nang makita ang PI store near our house.

Soy la casa de mi amado y mi amado es mío.

US is a lot drier compare to the Philippines. I love making banana bread. I did the same recipe. Compared to the PI, banana cake i baked here is lot drier. Still need to experiement further to obtain the texture i like. :yes:

When I was still in Pinas, I was living on my own. I was not used to cook and I just ate out most of the time because I was very busy with my work and study. I did not know how to cook or cooking was not my inclination. Basically, I just loved the Filipino delicacies from the foods prepared by the chefs of the restaurants or food chains where I used to eat.

But when I arrived here in US, I learned to cook as I crave to eat those filipino delicacies in PI and after getting bored from eating almost all the time american foods. So, that's one good thing that happens me here, I am prompted to learn cooking. I miss all those foods you enumerated guys. What I do here now, I just research in the internet for some filipino recipes and try to cook those. I have to admit my cooking is not perfect and not quite similar those in PI maybe because I am not really a good cook (still a neophyte cook) :unsure: or maybe some of the ingredients are not available here....but, there is one thing I am sure of, iba talaga ang lutong pinoy!

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

sali ako :P kinilaw na bariles,tamban tortang dilis yung maliliit! babana que, fish balls,halo-halo sa kanto.sinigang na bangus at tsaka yung karne dito iba ang lasa masarap yung karne sa pinas :wacko:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This are the some foods i really missed and craving always in Philippines.

post-36196-1236010690_thumb.jpg

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.