Dakine

Abu Sayaf

23 posts in this topic

Mindanoa still having problems.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013728483

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was in midanao jan 7th -14th. So sad for the people of mindanao who are forced to put up with that mess.

Not all of Mindanao has to put up with it. I was there in CDO (northern Mindanao) in Aug/Sep and had no problems, the area that this happened in is a string of islands on the far west of Mindanao which has been a problem for the Govt's of several countries for a really long time. I cant think of a really good reason that would force me into that region. Our own Govt has travel warnings about going into that region unprotected.

Working on AOS

I was in midanao jan 7th -14th. So sad for the people of mindanao who are forced to put up with that mess.

Not all of Mindanao has to put up with it. I was there in CDO (northern Mindanao) in Aug/Sep and had no problems, the area that this happened in is a string of islands on the far west of Mindanao which has been a problem for the Govt's of several countries for a really long time. I cant think of a really good reason that would force me into that region. Our own Govt has travel warnings about going into that region unprotected.

Southern Central Mindanoa is all messed up also. Cotobato area. The MILF [muslims] have killed lots of people and displaced 100s of thousands. I have a friend who lived there for 12 years and had to recently bail out back to the US.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I was in Davao & Gen San in November. I was aware of the problems in Mindanao and knew that as an American I was a potential target for kidnapping. I never felt unsafe there. Of course, I was always with my fiancee and her family and not wandering around alone. There are military checkpoints on the road between Davao & Gen San.

I will be retruning to this area when our visa is issued and we plan to have an engagement party in Gen San. Does anyone think this is a dangerous thing to do?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

I was in Davao & Gen San in November. I was aware of the problems in Mindanao and knew that as an American I was a potential target for kidnapping. I never felt unsafe there. Of course, I was always with my fiancee and her family and not wandering around alone. There are military checkpoints on the road between Davao & Gen San.

I will be retruning to this area when our visa is issued and we plan to have an engagement party in Gen San. Does anyone think this is a dangerous thing to do?

I myself wouldn't go anywhere near General Santos. LOTS of MILF there. Stick to Davao. So far the mayor there has been able to keep things pretty mellow there. As time goes on most all of Mindanao will be in deep dakine. Looks like the only solution is to give the island to the muslims.

GMA won't try to hard to knock out the MILF as the US continues to send her big bucks to fight them. Catch 22.

Sad as Mindanao is a beautiful island and could kick butte with tourism if it weren't for the different rebel factions causing havoc and discouraging tourist to visit.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...ntos-City-blast

Edited by Haole

!! ALL PAU!

CDO is a great city, I loved it there. I actually liked Iligan too but my wife was always in fear for my safety. The Manila embassy has always had a travel alert for Americans traveling to Mindanao but thousands of us do it anyway and I know I will again.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

CDO is a great city, I loved it there. I actually liked Iligan too but my wife was always in fear for my safety. The Manila embassy has always had a travel alert for Americans traveling to Mindanao but thousands of us do it anyway and I know I will again.

Jeneaths sister and brother in law live in Iligan, they would not let me go there this trip to visit because they said it wasnt safe. Jeneaths families home is in Pitogo, Zamboanga del sur. they came to Ozamis to see us off to the USA because it isnt too safe there also.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I myself wouldn't go anywhere near General Santos. LOTS of MILF there. Stick to Davao. So far the mayor there has been able to keep things pretty mellow there. As time goes on most all of Mindanao will be in deep dakine. Looks like the only solution is to give the island to the muslims.

GMA won't try to hard to knock out the MILF as the US continues to send her big bucks to fight them. Catch 22.

Sad as Mindanao is a beautiful island and could kick butte with tourism if it weren't for the different rebel factions causing havoc and discouraging tourist to visit.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...ntos-City-blast

Well,is this something new to you?Mindanao is not a sole Island nor a sole place that's still having problem,it's all over the world Haole!Maybe it's so easy for you to say the highlighted words but it's not that easy to do :whistle:

As time goes on most all of Mindanao will be in deep dakine. Looks like the only solution is to give the island to the muslims.

I don't think that is an acceptable answer and don't believe the Filipino government will allow it. Muslims make up 5% of the Filipino population and shouldn't be allowed to dictate the politics for the other 80,000,000 Filipinos.

As time goes on most all of Mindanao will be in deep dakine. Looks like the only solution is to give the island to the muslims.

I don't think that is an acceptable answer and don't believe the Filipino government will allow it. Muslims make up 5% of the Filipino population and shouldn't be allowed to dictate the politics for the other 80,000,000 Filipinos.

I agree 100%

Giving the muslims "back" their ancestral lands is the solution. However easier said than done. The other islands in RP don't have nearly as big of problem. More problems with NPA than MILF.

Nothing major so far yet.

!! ALL PAU!

Giving the muslims "back" their ancestral lands is the solution. However easier said than done. The other islands in RP don't have nearly as big of problem. More problems with NPA than MILF.

Nothing major so far yet.

Giving them the entire island of Mindanao is not the solution. My wife thinks Muslims are good people but there are that few that cause all the problems and leary of them.

I was hoping for a chorus of "don't worry, you'll be fine". :lol: Oh well, you can't let fear rule your life.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

I was hoping for a chorus of "don't worry, you'll be fine". :lol: Oh well, you can't let fear rule your life.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.