mikedaisy

NBI "no criminal record" letter of explanation?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I recently got my NBI clearance. It says... "No Record on File". I presume that "No Criminal Record" means you have record but not that criminal. Hehehehe...

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

I recently got my NBI clearance. It says... "No Record on File". I presume that "No Criminal Record" means you have record but not that criminal. Hehehehe...

NO! some first time requestor of NBI clearances will say No Criminal Record.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Those first time requestor with "No Criminal Record" NBI remark might have civil records. If you dont have any civil record, it should be "No Recod on File".

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those first time requestor with "No Criminal Record" NBI remark might have civil records. If you dont have any civil record, it should be "No Recod on File".

Yeah. That's what I think. Sorry, I'm dealing how that phrase stated, difference between "no record" and 'no criminal record". It's because here, with people's general understanding, those phrase are both the same meaning.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah. That's what I think. Sorry, I'm dealing how that phrase stated, difference between "no record" and 'no criminal record". It's because here, with people's general understanding, those phrase are both the same meaning.

Will a civil record on an NBI clearance disqualify you from obtaining US Visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
You are clean or no explanation needed if you have NBI remarks: "No record on file" and "no derogatory record"

"No record on file" remark are for applicants who are considered 1st timer or just someone who forgot to bring their previous NBI clearance and goes thru the finger printing process again

"No derogatory record: remark are for someone who are just renewing their NBI clearance. Like, brought their old expired NBI clearance and did not pass thru finger printing for this application.

The reason i know these coz i tried both process,i initially applied as first timer and then goes back to the line, applied for the second time. Wasted Php 115 just to know the difference.

If you get NBI remark "no criminal record" then you need explanation for this. As mentioned earlier, you have a civil record that USEM wants to know.

My wife has gotten her NBI which says "no criminal record". I saw on another post where someone said that a letter of explanation is needed. Is this true and how do you get such a letter?

This is helpful. Thanks. Im glad I don't need the letter anymore.

no criminal record doesn't need any explanation

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

You are clean or no explanation needed if you have NBI remarks: "No record on file" and "no derogatory record"

"No record on file" remark are for applicants who are considered 1st timer or just someone who forgot to bring their previous NBI clearance and goes thru the finger printing process again

"No derogatory record: remark are for someone who are just renewing their NBI clearance. Like, brought their old expired NBI clearance and did not pass thru finger printing for this application.

The reason i know these coz i tried both process,i initially applied as first timer and then goes back to the line, applied for the second time. Wasted Php 115 just to know the difference.

If you get NBI remark "no criminal record" then you need explanation for this. As mentioned earlier, you have a civil record that USEM wants to know.

My wife has gotten her NBI which says "no criminal record". I saw on another post where someone said that a letter of explanation is needed. Is this true and how do you get such a letter?

This is helpful. Thanks. Im glad I don't need the letter anymore.

no criminal record doesn't need any explanation

:thumbs:

No Criminal Record Notation doesnt need an explanation? Are you sure about that?

Look here

NBI CLEARANCE: Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name, married name, and any aliases or nicknames ever used, including different spellings of all names ever used. An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record”, "No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.” NBI is located along Taft Avenue in Manila. You may contact NBI at (632) 523-82-31 to 38. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is considered valid only for one year from the date it is issued.

USEM NBI Requirements:

• 3 months later...

is it true an nbi clearance should have a nickname? my place dont issue an nbi clearance with nickname, how about getting my nbi clearance with my nickname in taft avenue?

Edited by kilipit

• 8 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Once your NBI says " NO CRIMINAL RECORD" it means that you have some past records of some sort...

And if you have any records for a petty crime or have been arrested or have a previous dismissed case.

Make sure to mark "YES" on your DS230 form question 31. Have you ever been charged, arrested, or convicted of any offense or crime?

During your interview, they will dig into your past records, make sure to explain what happened. The embassy will then request the NBI for a letter of explanation, if you have more than 1 criminal record, make sure to disclose this during your interview... don't hide it, they will know this and if you are not telling the truth. you will not get your visa.

You will then get a 221g for further administrative investigation...just wait, Embassy then will send you a letter to visit NBI, bring it with you together with your court records, dismissal etc. make sure to make copies of the Embassy letter and also copies of your court records, dismissal etc... on your NBI visit..

hope this helps...

Filed: Timeline

REPOST!

Once your NBI says " NO CRIMINAL RECORD" it means that you have some past records of some sort...

And if you knew of any records for a petty crime or arrests or have a previous dismissed case.

Make sure to mark "YES" on your DS230 form question 31. Have you ever been charged, arrested, or convicted of any offense or crime?

During your interview, they will dig into your past records, make sure to explain what happened. The embassy will then contact NBI for your past records and also request the NBI for a "LETTER OF EXPLANATION" declaring that you have no further records/clean. If you have more than 1 criminal record, make sure to disclose this during your interview... Be truthful, don't hide it, they will know this and if you are not telling the truth. you will not get your visa.

After interview, you will get a 221g form that says 'for further administrative investigation'...just wait, Embassy then will send you a letter to visit NBI to get your "LETTER OF EXPLANATION", bring that letter together with your court records, dismissal etc. make sure to make 1 extra copy of the Embassy letter and also copies of your court records, dismissal etc... on your NBI visit. At NBI, you just have to sign to confirm your visit and NBI will forward the "letter of explanation" to the Embassy...

this process will take 2-4weeks... if your nbi is about to expire, get another copy and submit it to the embassy. submission of documents from 1-4pm mon-thursday (make sure to check again the schedule. Don't bring electronic devices, celphone etc. else, you'll pay P100 for someone to temporarily keep it outside... )

hope this helps...

want to ask about NBI record...

is it really needed to put travel to what country you will go specifically instead of what mostly put travel abroad?

Travel Abroad is fine

USEM NBI Requirements:

• 2 years later...

QUOTE (mikedaisy @ Jan 17 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

>>Thi is so helpful. Thank you for this information. I got my NBI clearance last May and it says "No Record on File". now, i don't have to worry in getting a letter of explanatio (=

Thank you so much!

God bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.