JonasMichaels

Interview in HCMC?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi all, I am curious where do the fiancee's interview at the consulate? I went in there once for an American service I needed and saw lots of other Americans (some with their fiancee, it seemed). But Americans can't go in to the interview, right? So is it that same building/room or a different one? Does anyone know? How big is this place? :blush: LOL

Jonas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

about 5 years ago... as I recall...

enter through security checkpoint, you will pass an iron fence/gate to enter the USC service center, if you walk straight up into the main lobby. To enter the Immigration/Visa Section, you need to hang a right after passing the iron fence but before entering the USC lobby. At the end of the hallway, you hang a left, there you will see a roll of interview rooms/booths as long as the length of the hall. Wooden benches for sitting, one watercooler for drinking while waiting for your turn to be interviewed in the booth. Not sure what the security is like now, but I was able to just walk through the hall and enter this area without troubles.

But that was 5 years ago... someone can share with a more updated version of the floor layout.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I really hate to quote Ronald Reagan, but Jonas, "there you go again." One of these days, I'm going to have to meet this Phuong of yours to see if she really worries as much as you do.

Even though you cringe when I say it, Don't Worry, Jonas. It will be Obvious where to go when you get there. And if by some chance you go to the wrong door by mistake, there will be a nice young man with a machine gun there to direct Phuong to the correct place. As you're facing the consulate, it's the door about, oh, 25 meters to the right of the main door.

The reason I really like you Jonas, and always answer your questions to the best of my ability, is that you're very self aware of your "worriess," and don't mind a little ribbing about it. I figure that means you must be a happy man. Worried, but happy. Um, wait.......that's not how the song goes...... :huh:

Timeline
I really hate to quote Ronald Reagan, but Jonas, "there you go again." One of these days, I'm going to have to meet this Phuong of yours to see if she really worries as much as you do.

Even though you cringe when I say it, Don't Worry, Jonas. It will be Obvious where to go when you get there. And if by some chance you go to the wrong door by mistake, there will be a nice young man with a machine gun there to direct Phuong to the correct place. As you're facing the consulate, it's the door about, oh, 25 meters to the right of the main door.

The reason I really like you Jonas, and always answer your questions to the best of my ability, is that you're very self aware of your "worriess," and don't mind a little ribbing about it. I figure that means you must be a happy man. Worried, but happy. Um, wait.......that's not how the song goes...... :huh:

LOL JAMES! Don't I know it. I think of new potential problems almost daily (if you really wanted a window into my paranoia and nerves). I sleep next to her at night, look over at her angelic face, and pray about it. Really, I have never been like this before. All I really wanted to know is is it or is it not a different room than I was in. (if it is a different room, I can't envision it and obsess about, so that is good) LOL

still no noa2 ....worring! :blink: hehe

p.s Phuong doesn't worry at all...she says, "Why are you worrying, I am getting pink, there is no discussion about this." hehehe

Jonas

Edited by JonasMichaels

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Jonas,

Don't worry about the nice young man with a machine gun, last time I checked, the security detail only allow them to load a few (5-7) bullets in each clip, just for show and self-protection... In case, someone actually grabs his gun, they can only shoot 5-7 people at the time.

Oh, make sure you get her to HCMC early, in a TAXI, no motobike, traffic accident is on the rise in Saigon.

Plus, her documents/files/evidence, watch out for those guys standing outside the Consulate, they can grab them and run away... later on, contact you for a ransom. File-napper!

The list goes on and on, I can unload my list of worries to your harddrive if you want :)

Here my only advise to you brother: Think Big Picture! What would you do if you were HCMC Officer, to interview this girl and find out for sure she's the real deal? Your ultimate goal is get her here (US), the rest is just part of the journey. Even the blue/white slips, delay/denial letters. Always remember: do it all you can to get the Visa.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Oh James, this should make ya happy, I thought of a new question! Do I have to go in to the consulate again to get anything for packet 3 notarized? Any more notarizations at this point? Remember, I am here in VN. Thanks

Jonas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Oh James, this should make ya happy, I thought of a new question! Do I have to go in to the consulate again to get anything for packet 3 notarized? Any more notarizations at this point? Remember, I am here in VN. Thanks

Jonas

Do not go to the Consulate on a Monday morning if you need any services. I waited 3 hours to get one paper noterized.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

Jonas

I'm going to pass this one off to someone else, because I really don't know. I wasn't with Mai during the time she was dealing with Packets 3 and 4. I didn't come over there until we had a firm interview date. Come to think of it, Mai sort of did the whole thing by remote control from Hanoi through Mr. Nam and Marc Ellis. Neither of us actually travelled to Saigon until a few days before the interview.

Edited by Melrose Plant

Timeline

Jonas

I'm going to pass this one off to someone else, because I really don't know. I wasn't with Mai during the time she was dealing with Packets 3 and 4. I didn't come over there until we had a firm interview date. Come to think of it, Mai sort of did the whole thing by remote control from Hanoi through Mr. Nam and Marc Ellis. Neither of us actually travelled to Saigon until a few days before the interview.

What I mean is, does the 134 need to be notarized? Or anything else from my end? Because I am in VN now and the only notary for me would be at the consulate....

Jonas

Timeline

OK, one thing at a time. Packet 3: I interrogated Mai (she must like you too), and she doesn't know the answer to your question, either. After the case file arrived in HCMC, she pulled Packet 3 off the internet, filled it out, and DHL'd it to Mr. Nam down there. He took care of it from there.

As for the other, yes, Form I-134 must be notorized. Let's review the guides, because you still have lots of time to think about what you're going to do. Not a good thing, right? Hehe.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

P.S. What are you doing up so early?

Edited by Melrose Plant

Timeline

OK, now you suddenly have a lot less time to think about what you're going to do (because of the unexpected speedy approval at USCIS). That's good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.