luck-e and Kookie

co-sponsor Affidavit of support for K1 visa petition in manila

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You just need the RECENT INCOME TAX. As long as your Fiance(petitioner) is WORKING RIGHT NOW you will have no problem. CO's will based your fiance's (petitioner) income form his Work right now.

Make sure your fiance( petitioner) will provide "EMPLOYERS VERIFICATION LETTER", "PAY STUBS", "RECENT INCOME TAX" and if he can provide a BANK STATEMENT LETTER that will help too :thumbs:

Being in a low income last year was my problem how will i present my AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, But since i got a job and my earning exceed to the POVERTY GUIDELINES they based it from there. They did not even asked about it...

thank God my fiance passed his interview last week. Good luck.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We use Co-sponsor But the Consul did not accept it, :But don't worry I know some peolpe who use co-sponsor and got Approved, So if you are working now make sure that you have a letter from your Employer stating you Income.,

ey helo!what will happen if it will not get approved?you'll start at step one again..tnx..

★ ...Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation... ★

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We use Co-sponsor But the Consul did not accept it, :But don't worry I know some peolpe who use co-sponsor and got Approved, So if you are working now make sure that you have a letter from your Employer stating you Income.,

ey helo!what will happen if it will not get approved?you'll start at step one again..tnx..

Were not denied, just need to present the new stating Income of my fiance but since he undergo a Major operation he can't provide the required document for now because he is still not able to work, so until now I am still waiting until my fiance can be 100% OK to look for a new job., If we give the required documents then we are sets..

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Were not denied, just need to present the new stating Income of my fiance but since he undergo a Major operation he can't provide the required document for now because he is still not able to work, so until now I am still waiting until my fiance can be 100% OK to look for a new job., If we give the required documents then we are sets..

hi..i would like to ask...you had your interview even if your fiancee doesnt have a job?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi..i would like to ask...you had your interview even if your fiancee doesnt have a job?

The time of my Interview my fiance is working as a part-time job, but he don't meet the minimum requirement so we use his parent as a Co-sponsor, But the Consul who Interviewed to me did not accept it, So he quit on his part-time job and look a full time,but after a week of my Interview my fiance found out that he needs a Major Operation on his stomach so we have to wait until he get better, don't worry try your luck using co-sponsor as I said I know some people who use Co-sponsor but got no Problem

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The time of my Interview my fiance is working as a part-time job, but he don't meet the minimum requirement so we use his parent as a Co-sponsor, But the Consul who Interviewed to me did not accept it, So he quit on his part-time job and look a full time,but after a week of my Interview my fiance found out that he needs a Major Operation on his stomach so we have to wait until he get better, don't worry try your luck using co-sponsor as I said I know some people who use Co-sponsor but got no Problem

did they ask you to go back and present a new ITR then?

Just because you submit cosponsor paperwork, does not indicate that the CO accepted the cosponsor in making their determination of support. The CO looks at your circumstances and can make a ruling based on his belief that you may or may not become a public charge. There is no set minimum income for this determination for the K visas. Minimums are set by statute for the I-864 which is not used for the nonimmigrant K visas. If you have cosponsor paperwork from close family members, it could show that you have a support network already in the U.S. and may lead him to determine that you are less likely to become a public charge. It does not prove that he used the cosponsor income to meet some minimum requirement. Likewise, if the cosponsor paperwork you present is from someone that has weaker ties, the same determination may not be made. In either event, the consulate in Manila will not use the paperwork to create a cosponsor dependency. They will rule based on the totality of the circumstances with the petitioner as the only sponsor.

one more question. i just got my NO2 yesterday and i was wondering, for his ITR 2008, he hasnt filed his ITR 2008 yet since w2s are not in yet. he has a busines in guam and worked for a couple of months in guam as well, what does he need for his affidivit of support if he has not filed his ITR for 2008 yet?

Thank you.

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.