Cham

Confused on pkt 3 coming

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We thought pck 3 would be sent to his home and it has not been received. We wrote Sydeny and explained that they told us it was sent out ON Dec 29th. THEN it was sent out again on the 12th as well.

We assumed this was his MAIL aka Po box not his email.

We received this today

We were told by the Sydney Embassy that we would receive pct three soon in the mail and that it was sent out on Dec 29th and Jan 12th

Today he received this letter in his EMAIL ( we are so confused)

Thank you for your inquiry.

Packet 3 was sent via the e mail provided to us (XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX ). If this is not a valid means of communicating with you, please provide the appropriate contact information.

Regards,

Sydney IV

(SG)

SO does a pck 3 COME to your mailbox at home (in his case his PO box) certified and if so how long..OR is it all an email?????????????

Thank you

Meri

So is there a Pckt 3 that comes in the postal OR is just email??? If so how long does it take as we want to set up medical and do not have the medical paper to take with us..VERY confusing GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

I did DCF but all the correspondence with the Consulate (Packet 3, 4, etc) came through my email. The only thing I received in the post from them was my passport, visa & brown envelope after my visa was approved.

I'm not sure how similar/different Packet 3 for CR1 and K1 are but this is what mine looked like. Just a few words and a bunch of clickable links

SUBJECT: PACKET 3

Name: xxxxxxxxxxx

Case Number: SYD2008xxxxxxxxx

The National Visa Center (NVC) has returned the results of the Adam Walsh name check to the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney. The petition has been approved and the immigrant visa process may begin.

The initial set of instructions (“Packet 3”) may be downloaded from the following website:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/visas/iv/family.html

Forms required

Form DS-230 Parts I&II — Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration

Form DS-2001 — Notification of Applicant Readiness

Form I-864 — Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Form I-864A — Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

Form I-864EZ — Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Form I-864P — Poverty Guidelines

Form I-864W — Intending Immigrant’s Affidavit of Support Exemption

Form I-865 — Sponsor’s Notice of Change of Address

A medical examination is required, for further information; please refer to the following website: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/visas/iv/medical.html.

To obtain a list of the Panel Physicians, please refer to the following website http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/visas/iv/doctors.html . Medical forms are only obtained from the Panel Physician.

If you need to obtain a police certificate for Australia, please refer to the following website: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/pol...ertificate.html. Please visit the State Department website on www.uscis.gov if you need to obtain a police certificate for another country.

Please send the completed DS230 Parts I & II forms immediately. Do not sign DS230 Part II. You should begin to collect all items applicable to your case that is listed on the following pages. Please do not fax forms DS-230 Parts I & II. The original forms must be mailed.

When you have gathered all documentation, complete & mail all applicable documentation with the DS-2001 form and checklist to the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney.

You are required to furnish the original of each document PLUS one photocopy. That office will contact you with your immigrant visa interview time. Your original documents will be returned to you at the time of your final visa interview.

Immigrant visa processing times vary. There may be unexpected ineligibilities that become apparent only at the time of your interview which require additional time and processing. For this reason, you should not make any irrevocable arrangements, such as purchasing non-refundable tickets, selling your home, or quitting your job, until after your immigrant visa is actually approved and issued to you.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney(TY)

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.