1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

to continue in my unending saga of AOS questions...

i just got my W-2 for my current job, which i began in june '08. i made enough money to clear the 125% poverty line for my household size. the I-864EZ says that "The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Forms W-2 provided by your employer(s) or former employer(s)." so my question is- can i file the EZ form with my 2008 W-2 (but not include a '08 return)?

my '07 tax return was well below the qualifying line as i was out of the country. i guess i'm a bit worried about submitting an '08 W-2 (qualifying) but a '07 tax return (non-qualifying). at the same time, the EZ form would most obviously demonstrate that i now make enough money to qualify...i'm trying to draw attention away from my '07 return. i also have a letter from my employer. i had been planning to send in my '08 return, but my AOS fee has already been accepted and i have to wait until the end of the month for another W-2. i can do the regular I-864, but i thought maybe the EZ form would be processed more quickly? i've over-thought this process so much- sorry!

also, are people submitting their original pay stubs or photocopies? are you blocking out your account information? i feel a little weird sending over my account number (for direct deposit).

THANKS! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

IR-1

I-130 NOA1 : 8/8/2008

I-130 Approved : 12/24/2008

NVC

Case Number Assigned: 12/29/2008

Case Complete: 1/22/2009

INTERVIEW

Accra, Ghana: MAY 18TH- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.