Zoe and Hal

Confused about packet 3

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm probably just being stupid, but is all I need to send in packet 3, 3 forms? Ds-230, Ds-156 and DS156K? I was under the impression i had to send copies of the police certificate, birth certificate etc and also the I-134. Do I just keep all this for the interview? I know it says that but I'm worried I'm missing something.... Am I?? Thanks!

I'm probably just being stupid, but is all I need to send in packet 3, 3 forms? Ds-230, Ds-156 and DS156K? I was under the impression i had to send copies of the police certificate, birth certificate etc and also the I-134. Do I just keep all this for the interview? I know it says that but I'm worried I'm missing something.... Am I?? Thanks!

You send the DS-230, DS-156, DS-156K & Checklist back to the Embassy.

All other info like Birth Cert, Police Cert, Tax Forms etc you take with you to the interview.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

You send the DS-230, DS-156, DS-156K & Checklist back to the Embassy.

All other info like Birth Cert, Police Cert, Tax Forms etc you take with you to the interview.

Thanks! I just had it so set in my mind I had to send everything that I was panicking I'd send the wrong thing! Got it all ready, posting it Monday :dance:

Timeline
Hurry up and send it would be great if you me and Marmite end up getting the interview on the same date!!

I know, it would be good! You guys could keep me entertained! I want to send it Monday but Hal hasn't put his stuff in the post yet so I don't know if I should wait for it or not...

Hurry up and send it would be great if you me and Marmite end up getting the interview on the same date!!

I know, it would be good! You guys could keep me entertained! I want to send it Monday but Hal hasn't put his stuff in the post yet so I don't know if I should wait for it or not...

Post it!!!!!!!!!!

If Hal sends it next week you will have it in time for the interview

I dont have the W2 from Todd for 2008 as he does not have it yet but as it is not a notarized document then he can always scan and e-mail it to me as soon as he gets it

Timeline

Post it!!!!!!!!!!

If Hal sends it next week you will have it in time for the interview

I dont have the W2 from Todd for 2008 as he does not have it yet but as it is not a notarized document then he can always scan and e-mail it to me as soon as he gets it

I might wait til it's in the fed-ex box, he reckons tomorrow...

How did you mail it? Special delivery? Recorded? Overnight?

I sent it recorded on Wednesday and got confirmation on Friday that it was delivered but no signuture it seems that the address is a PO box so no signiture can be obtained but at least I know it was delivered

In my case, I called and checked and they have my documents, but I haven't received my Packet 4 yet. It's really frustrating just waiting @_@.

Good luck with yours!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

I sent my pkt3 back before i had all the documents from Rob, in actual fact i sent pkt3 to the Embassy before i'd rec'd the official one from them! Far to impatient!

Been told can't get pkt4 until medical has been done and is back with them! Grrr

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Shaz~~ you don't need 2008 W2. It's the latest tax return available on the date the Affidavit is signed. So until April 15 (filing deadline) the 2007 will be fine.

And to the OP, it's TWO copies of the DS-156

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Shaz~~ you don't need 2008 W2. It's the latest tax return available on the date the Affidavit is signed. So until April 15 (filing deadline) the 2007 will be fine.

And to the OP, it's TWO copies of the DS-156

Thanks honey

So I will tell Todd not to bother to send it, he says that he normally gets it 3rd week Jan, but as the affidavit was notarised and signed end December then we are ok

You are such a star Nich

On the other hand I have almost run out of arm and hammer baking soda and peroxide toothpast so might not let him in on it say I need it sent and will he sed me some toothpaste, and maybe some apple cider tea I like and some chipotle cheddar ha ha ha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.