sn0224

Case Complete at NVC

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone I wish you all best of luck on you visa journey. My case was complete yesterday at NVC.

I had a good lawyer and she helped me through my case. Scroll down to see what she did differently regarding the

documents she sent along I864.

Note to Indian VJer's about the Police Clearance:

First you have to get the clearance receipt and the stamp on the passport from the passort office and

then take it to the city commissioner office and get the real Police Clearance Certificate from them. Just the stamp and

receipt from the passport office is not enough.

I129F

Date I-130 Sent : 2008-01-30

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 2008-02-14

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 2008-11-13

Date I-129F Sent : 2008-02-20

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 2008-03-11

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : none

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 2008-11-13

Date Package Received By NVC : 2008-11-19

Date Package Left From NVC : 2008-11-22

Date Received By Consulate : 2008-12-01

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : We did not get Packet # 3

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : skipped

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 2008-12-08

Interview Date (K3 Visa): 2008-01-08 (We extended the interview day. We wanted to go for I130.

We emailed the consulate in Madras and asked them to give us a future date. We did not tell them that

we are waiting for the I130. We just told them that the Packet # 4 papers are not ready and requested

them for future appointment date)

Date K3 Visa Received : (yyyy-mm-dd)

Date of US Entry : -

Date of Wedding : We are married

I130

Date I-130 Sent : 2008-01-30

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 2008-02-14

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 2008-11-13

NVC Received : 2008-11-19

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill / IV Bill : 2008-12-03

I didn't need to sent DS-3032 because I had a lawyer. So, don't ask me how I got all at the same time. My answer is that "I don't know."

Paid I-864 Bill and IV Bill: Online Payment: 2008-12-10

Receive I-864 Package : I don't know what date. My lawyer said that she downloaded it.

Sent I-864: 2008-12-22

Note: My lawyer had me get the signed D3230 Part I and Part II from my wife. I know that is part of packet # 3

and my wife is suppose to receive it. But I did what my lawyer told me to do. My lawyer sent I184, DS230 Part I and Part II

and all supporting documents along with the copy of POLICE CLEARANCE to NVC.

Got RFE: 2008-12-28 (missing document) We knew that we were going to get one because we had only sent the first part of the

Police Clearance (stamp on the passport and the receipt from the passport office) along with I863 to NVC. Well anyway, we got

the second part of the police clearance on 2008-12-23 and my wife mailed it to the lawyer. Well then the lawyer said that she checked

with NVC and they only want the copy and not the original Police clearance. So, she scanned it and email it to NVC. Due to the

holiday season it got little delayed. My lawyer gave me back the original Police Clearance to mail it back to my wife so she can

take it to the interview.

REF EMAILED to NVC 2009-12-31

Entered on the system: 2009-01-06

Case Complete: 2009-01-08

I just spoke to Mr. Williams at NVC and he informed me that the immigration appointments are usually set in the 2nd week

of the following month. So, they might schedule my wife's interview around mid February. She also has her rescheduled I129F

interview on 2008-02-20.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.