Sling

Tax Returns and W2

7 posts in this topic

I ask people and they say 1 year, 2 years and 3 years.

I am bringing in a girl from russia. For petition, do I need 1 .. 2.. or 3 years of tax returns? what about W2?

Thanks!!! Do they need to be original?

Vermont Service Center...

- Aug 14th - I-129F Arrived

- Aug 15 - NOA1

- Aug 17th - Check cashed

- Aug 18th - touched

- Aug 24th - touched

- Aug 29th - touched!

- Sept 1st - touched??

- Sept 1st - approved little later after being touched!!

- Sept 2nd - touched - sent stuff to NVC?

- Sept 6th - NVC Received my case

- Sept 12th - petition forwarded to embassy

- Sept 14th - embassy receives it

- Dec.. - passes interview! .. Arrived to the US!

- Jan 15th - got married in vegas!!

- Jan 26th - went to SS office to apply and change last name

- Feb 8th - Received SS card with new last name!

- Feb 19th - Chicago received my application - delivered

- End of May Interview

- Less than 2 weeks later. Green card in the mail!

It depends on the consulate you're going through. I got this information from the 'embassy info' part of this site:

"Financial documentation from the petitioner may include but is not limited to employment letter for the petitioner with salary information and/or a copy of tax returns (Form 1040) for the last year, bank statement, W-2s. I-134 Affidavit of Support is not required but may be requested by a consular officer. "

LINK

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am bringing in a girl from russia. For petition, do I need 1 .. 2.. or 3 years of tax returns? what about W2?

Are you referring to the Evidence of financial support you must provide at the time of the consulate interview. The instructions for form I-134, Affidavit of Support, tells you exactly what is needed. The requirements may vary by consulate, so you may need add'l evidence. You should check the appropriate Embassy website.

K1 Timeline:

12-22-05 I-129F mailed to CSC

12-27-05 USCIS receives I-129f

01-03-06 NOA1 by mail

03-14-06 NOA2 Case Approved

03-21-06 NVC sent case to BKK

03-27-06 BKK Embassy email "no record of my case"

03-27-06 NVC approval letter rcvd

03-30-06 BKK Embassy confirms case by email

03-31-06 Fiancee Medical passed

04-07-06 Packet 3 rcvd

04-20-06 Packet 4 rcvd

05-26-06 Interview 730am VISA APPROVED!!!

05-30-06 Pick up Visa 3pm

06-16-06 Arrived in USA POE LAX

07-05-06 Applied for SS Card

08-18-06 Married

AOS Timeline:

10-13-06 Mailed AOS packet

10-16-06 AOS rcvd CHI lockbox

10-25-06 AOS Touched

11-04-06 Biometrics Appt

01-09-07 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

01-10-07 email Welcome letter sent

01-09-07 email AP approved

01-12-07 email EAD approved

01-16-07 Welcome letter rcvd in the mail

01-18-07 EAD card rcvd in the mail

01-23-07 AP approval rcvd in mail

02-05-07 GreenCard in mail

03-07-07 Vacation in Thailand

03-15-07 Traditional Thai wedding

Filed: Timeline

Sling,

For petition you do not need to supply any tax returns.

If you did, they would not be originals - you sent the originals to the IRS.

Yodrak

Yodrak:

For the I-134 should you supply the past year's income tax return? I've read it as ONLY those who are self-employed, but i've seen a few people around here say it should be taken. I don't want to send it if they don't need it, it will just bog it down and I know I can trust your answer.

Thanks, you're so helpful!

:star: Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Timeline

Joey,

You are mistakenly thinking that I-134 defines the financial requirements for a K visa. It does not. I-134 is but one of a number of pieces of evidence that can be submitted to demonstrate that the visa applicant meets the public charge provisions of the law. Indeed, I-134 is required only if the consular officer asks for it. Granted, they almost always do.

Among the other items of evidence that a consular officer is likely to ask for is ...... past tax returns. See OF-167 or DS-2000.

Yodrak

Yodrak:

For the I-134 should you supply the past year's income tax return? I've read it as ONLY those who are self-employed, but i've seen a few people around here say it should be taken. I don't want to send it if they don't need it, it will just bog it down and I know I can trust your answer.

Thanks, you're so helpful!

:star: Joey

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What if they ask for tax returns and you don't have them to give? I just graduated from college in December. I have a career now and I'm doing fine. I lived off of my parents support for the last five years that I was in college, so I've never actually filed taxes. I've never had a taxable income until now. I'm 23. Is that going to be a problem?

With my luck...yeah! Maybe this Imbra ####### is going to delay the whole thing until the next tax time rolls around and I actually have to file taxes!

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

-John Stuart Mill

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.