smokey27

Any one there who ask the help of congressman about your case

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello !! :P !Just wanna know who is my fellow VJ had a problem getting Visa before or having a problem with there case and ask the help of the Congressman , what is the reason you ask the help of the Congressman or Senator. Did the letter from Congressman will really help,. And how will you know that the letter was receive of the Embassy, and how will the Embassy will contact you,, How long to wait.. I just wanna hear your story to enlighten me, :help: .. Please please I need some Info, Thank you in advance for the reply.. :)

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

I sent a request Barbara Boxer in California (US Senator) but Manila cleared up the problem before they could complete their investigation.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We did! He was a Senator before. When my husband called the US embassy they informed him that they received a fax from our senator office asking about our status(if I am not wrong/tagal na kasi). And they sent him a letter from the office saying this and that…. :star: :star: :star:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline
We did! He was a Senator before. When my husband called the US embassy they informed him that they received a fax from our senator office asking about our status(if I am not wrong/tagal na kasi). And they sent him a letter from the office saying this and that…. :star: :star: :star:

Luntian, May I ask the reason why you ask the help of the senator,what problem did you encounter of having a visa before..My fiance and I are really hoping that a help from them might help us... Thank you

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

We had no problems with our K-1 process, but our good friends did. He married a Baguio City girl, and fully expected to bring his wife back without any problem. It took him two years, and he enlisted the help of Lynn Woolsey's office, (D) California, at the end. They said she was most helpful in directing them to the proper agencies, and helped with the filling out of the forms.

- Bullwinkle

P.S. I don't that she helped at all, other than focus my friend on the proper process to follow.

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Luntian, May I ask the reason why you ask the help of the senator,what problem did you encounter of having a visa before..My fiance and I are really hoping that a help from them might help us... Thank you

Because they said that my father is a US citizen/ Naturilized here and they were asking me to apply for a blue passport something like that. We are having a hard time to get the visa though I got pink slip pay the delbros etc. Then we decided to ask help from our Senator.... :star: :star: :star:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline
We did also ask for the help of a senator and a congressman due to delay in the processing of our visas.

What is the reason of delay your Visa,

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

Yes. I wrote a letter to the US Senate Oversight Committee and shared it here with fellow vjers. It was mailed to 9 members and our state's reps (House of Rep members). The responses came mostly via email, but the NOA2 for our I130 & I129F came 2 weeks after the letters went out, so I strongly believed this helped. There was a long delay bwtn the NOA1 & NOA2. Check out my Oct posts, & you'll find it there. It can't hurt you to ask for their help. They get a faster response than we do. Wishing you all the best---Amor1

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-11

I-130 Approved : 2008-11-03

NVC Received : 2008-11-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-11-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-11-20

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-11-29

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-12-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-11-14

Receive IV Bill : 2009-01-03

Pay IV Bill : 2009-01-15

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-01-17

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-26

Siempre, miamor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.