ange2964

What is next after receiving hard copy of NOA2?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello my VJ Family.

I have already got the hard copy of my NOA2. I have few questions:

1.) Does NVC send letter to me informing that my case was already forwarded to Mania US Embassy or their letter will be directly forwarded to my fiancee/beneficiary?

2.) Does the letter of NVC contains an instruction when should I send the affidavit of support to my fiancee/beneficiary?

3.) What if 2-4 weeks came and my case paper hasn't sent yet to Manila US Embassy, is there a way I can track my case? Does NVC has a website where I can inquire?

Thank you in advance for your time.

God bless to all.

Ange

God bless to everybody :)

Hello my VJ Family.

I have already got the hard copy of my NOA2. I have few questions:

1.) Does NVC send letter to me informing that my case was already forwarded to Mania US Embassy or their letter will be directly forwarded to my fiancee/beneficiary?

2.) Does the letter of NVC contains an instruction when should I send the affidavit of support to my fiancee/beneficiary?

3.) What if 2-4 weeks came and my case paper hasn't sent yet to Manila US Embassy, is there a way I can track my case? Does NVC has a website where I can inquire?

Thank you in advance for your time.

God bless to all.

Hello,

Based on my experience...My fiance applied for fiancee visa and was last December 10. A week after, he received NVC letter informing that our case was sent to Manila already...if i were you, better to send to you fiancee a notarized affidavit of support as soon as u received the NOA2, also Income Tax Return and W2, Bank Statement, Employer statement, bcoz anytime now she will receive letter from embassy and she needs documents from you..., NVC letter contains only MNL case number...you can track your case number at http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp ...do it fast. Good Luck.

Filed-------July 3, 2008

NOA1------July 22, 2008

RFE--------Nov. 24, 2008

NOA2------Dec. 10, 2008

NVC-------Dec. 20, 2008

MNL#------Dec. 27, 2008

Ange

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

After receiving NOA2. NVC will send a letter to the USC informing him that the case is fowarded to US embassy in Manila. Then the US embassy in manila will send a letter to the fiance/e in PH informing him/her that he/she is eligible to be interviewed. On that letter from the US embassy in manila, it states what number to call to schedule an interview. I suggest before that letter comes, the fiance/e should start gathering the requirements needed for the interview.

Check out these links:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3219.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf (requirements as of November 2008 - constantly check this as they might add a few things this year)

Edited by PingLocalHostess

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

1. NVC sends a letter to you that they will send or have sent your case to the USEM Manila.

2. NVC letter does not contain instructions on when you should sent the I-134 to your fiancee, you should send it as soon as you can, but after the case gets transferred to the embassy so that it is dated current to the interview.

3. Yes, you can find out when your case has been sent or why it has not been sent after 2-4 weeks by contacting NVC by phone or email or you can contact Department of State DOS and they can give you this information as well.

NVC info:

Phone: 603-334-0700

email: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov (Make sure the subject line is your USCIS case #or MNL case #)

DOS info:

Phone: 202-663-1225

Good luck!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.