micharni

Anyone Applied for Interim EAD

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

Waiting and waiting is really stressful! My EAD is about to expire (01/23) and until now, I did not hear anything from the USCIS. They did not even set me up for a Biometrics!

Last month, I called them regarding my EAD, and the person whom I talked with just told me that I need to wait for 90 days before they can give me further information. Just this Monday, I decided to call the USCIS and asked about Interim EAD. And that's the only time I found out that we can ask for request of Biometrics after 60 days! *sigh*.. Going forward, i applied for Service Request for my Biometrics. This is really stressful because I am working now and this would affect my work :((.

I just read in the I-765 Instruction about the Interim EAD. I already set up an appointment this Monday hoping that I can get an Interim EAD. Anyone tried this? How does it goes? Are they going to give me an Interim on that day as well?

Please help. All advise are really appreciated. God bless us all! Hope our documents will be approved soon!

July 7,2006 = received i-129f at NSC

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

Sept 18, 2006 = Finally! we got email notification of NOA2!!! :)

Sept 23, 2006 = NOA2 in mail

Oct 11, 2006= electonic mail of my case number! thanks God!

Feb 15, 2007 = interview (approved! thanks God)

March 8, 2007 = Arrived in Portland, Oregon

May 2007 AOS application

Aug 2007 Interview date but cancelled :(

praying for approval soon

Filed: Timeline

There is no such thing as an interim EAD. Local offices have not issued then since Sept 2006. Your timeline is very confusing it says you have filed for K1 but you are here in the US?, if I understand you, you are still waiting for a AOS interview after you cancelled the one sent to you in Aug 07 have you been in touch with USCIS since then to find out why you have not recieved a new interview?

Have you completed the application to renew your EAD?

We have information at USCIS, and do give it out to people over the phone. However, I've (personally) never heard of anyone ever getting one. So I don't know if they exist either.

Just a quick bit of advice to anyone experiencing the same situation, when renewing an EAD, make sure to file for renewal 90 days prior to the expiration of your current card. The I-765 form takes 90 days maximum to process. If it processes beyond 90 days (which isn't uncommon) you can call USCIS to do a Service Request. They have a new request for EAD applications that notify the office faster now if your case is outside normal processing times.

To be on the safe side I would recommend filing the max. The earliest you can file for renewal is 120 days prior to the expiration of your current card. From my experience working with USCIS, it would be in everyones best interest to file as early as they can, well afford. A job is very important, and it would be terrible to lose over such a thing as an expiring EAD and a late filed renewal.

I just work Tier I (civilian) customer service for USCIS and have been in many types of scenarios over the years. I am filled with Immigration knowledge.

I believe I can help make everyones process simpler by helping out, even if its something small like a forum

So, thats me. If you need help I may be able to assist feel free to PM me if I haven't seen your post yet.

USCIS Customer Service: 1 800 375 5283 (M-F 8AM-6PM in all US Timezones including territories)

In any case, I may be around from time to time. I understand the frustration that you guys go through over something that should be so much simpler.

Timeline

Hello there. Yes, I applied for AOS and until now, it;s still pending. I did not receive any interview date or anything so I decided to apply for EAD last year. I renew my EAD on Oct 2008 and until now, I don't have my biometrics. I already applied for service request for that. I also set up an Infopass sched on Monday hoping that it could help.

I am curious with this Interim EAD because it is stated in the form of I-765. When I talked to the customer service, I asked about the Interim EAD and the lady did not told me that they are not issuing it anymore. Oh well! I even don't know if there information is right! This is so frustrating!!!

Thanks for the time.

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Timeline

USCIS CSR,

Thank you for the time. I am so disappointed with the processing of my papers right now. They received my document last Oct 7, 2008 and until now, I am still waiting for my Biometrics. I called last month and i was jut told that they cannot give me any information because I need to wait for 90 days. When I called just this Monday, the lady told me that I can request for my Biometrics after 60 days. I am so disappointed to find out that I can request for Biometrics because I did called last month.

Now, I am worried because this is going to affect my job! I already applied for service request but until now, no touches done on my case. I set up an Infopass for this coming Monday. But still, I don't know if this is going to help. My card will expired on Jan 23 and I don't know have to get any document saying that I can still work. Hope you can advise me on this. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you once again!

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

The information that we have says that you need to go to Infopass to apply for an Interim EAD. BUT! It also says that the local office does not issue Interim EADs, and that they can only submit your request to a Service Center or NBC.

Thats really all that we have as far as Tier I. You may want to try calling and asking for Tier II (Immigration Information Officer). They would have more information than Tier I. You must ask twice, and please do so politely. You may not have to ask twice, it just depends on who you get. They would be the ones to ask about an Interim EAD, also ask them face-to-face at the Infopass if you don't get a chance to call. Officers can help with more complicated immigration issues.

USCIS CSR,

Thank you for the time. I am so disappointed with the processing of my papers right now. They received my document last Oct 7, 2008 and until now, I am still waiting for my Biometrics. I called last month and i was jut told that they cannot give me any information because I need to wait for 90 days. When I called just this Monday, the lady told me that I can request for my Biometrics after 60 days. I am so disappointed to find out that I can request for Biometrics because I did called last month.

Now, I am worried because this is going to affect my job! I already applied for service request but until now, no touches done on my case. I set up an Infopass for this coming Monday. But still, I don't know if this is going to help. My card will expired on Jan 23 and I don't know have to get any document saying that I can still work. Hope you can advise me on this. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you once again!

When did you do your Service Request? If you can, please provide an exact date. I can help you determine when to call back or if the person you talked to was lying/giving wrong information. There are alot of new hires in Tier I customer service. I've worked there nearly 3 years so anyway, yes if you can remember the date you did the Service Request I can help.

Edited by USCIS CSR

I just work Tier I (civilian) customer service for USCIS and have been in many types of scenarios over the years. I am filled with Immigration knowledge.

I believe I can help make everyones process simpler by helping out, even if its something small like a forum

So, thats me. If you need help I may be able to assist feel free to PM me if I haven't seen your post yet.

USCIS Customer Service: 1 800 375 5283 (M-F 8AM-6PM in all US Timezones including territories)

In any case, I may be around from time to time. I understand the frustration that you guys go through over something that should be so much simpler.

Timeline

Hello again,

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate your help!

I called just this Monday (01/05/09). I checked my case online and until now, there is no touches done.

This Monday, hopefully they will allow me to talk to Tier II and hope they can help me on that.

I am really praying that they help me out and hope my work wont get affected.

Thank you for the time again!

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

You're welcome friend, just make sure to ask twice and they will be required to transfer you to an IIO (Immigration Information Officer) or risk losing their jobs. I'm sure you will get through. =) Just be nice to the person you ask and everything should go smoothly. Please let me know how everything worked out!

You're welcome friend, just make sure to ask twice and they will be required to transfer you to an IIO (Immigration Information Officer) or risk losing their jobs. I'm sure you will get through. =) Just be nice to the person you ask and everything should go smoothly. Please let me know how everything worked out!

There is no point in calling the 1-800 line. they know nothing, they can only see the same info that you can see on the USCIS website.

Make an infopass appointment at your local office to find out what is going on with your case.

To USCIS CSR if you really do work for the 1-800 line then you should know that the information you give is at best inaccurate and often totally wrong. You should be very careful about claiming to work for USCIS because if you do and you continue to offer immigration advice here on VJ or on any public forum you are in breach of your employment contract. Your are forbidden to publicly represent the service without prior approval from your service center manager.

Timeline

Thank you for the reply.

I have scheduled an Infopass already and that's for Monday. I will share to everyone what will happen.

I appreciate all advises. :)

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Timeline

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all the advises!

Today, I and my husband show up for our Infopass regarding my EAD. Good news! I found out that they already approved my EAD last Dec. 13 and the guy whom we talked with told us that my EAD card is on production. He said that I would be able to get my new EAD before the expiration date of my EAD. I was also told that the reason why I wasn't scheduled for Biometrics because my Biometrics is still valid. I had my last Biometrics on Jan 23 of last year.

I asked for a proof that my EAD was approved but the guy told me that they cannot provide me that. I checked the USCIS website but my case is not updated in there. I wish they update my case on time! If they did, I should not be worrying and be stress out. Anyways, I am just glad that I heard a good news for my EAD but for my GC, it's still pending..

Life always do have good and bad news. I suggest everyone to do Infopass if you want to inquire about the status of your case.

thanks everyone! God bless!

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all the advises!

Today, I and my husband show up for our Infopass regarding my EAD. Good news! I found out that they already approved my EAD last Dec. 13 and the guy whom we talked with told us that my EAD card is on production. He said that I would be able to get my new EAD before the expiration date of my EAD. I was also told that the reason why I wasn't scheduled for Biometrics because my Biometrics is still valid. I had my last Biometrics on Jan 23 of last year.

I asked for a proof that my EAD was approved but the guy told me that they cannot provide me that. I checked the USCIS website but my case is not updated in there. I wish they update my case on time! If they did, I should not be worrying and be stress out. Anyways, I am just glad that I heard a good news for my EAD but for my GC, it's still pending..

Life always do have good and bad news. I suggest everyone to do Infopass if you want to inquire about the status of your case.

thanks everyone! God bless!

hi dear,wer desame in october 7 2008 they received my case I-485,I-765 and I-131.almost 3 months from now i did not get my biometrics appointment of my I-765 only my I-485..no touch of my I-765 m so worried about coz always stay home no work i want to help my husband pay his bill but still waiting my EAD APPROVED IM MAKING INFOPASS 01-12-2009 BUT CANCELLED COZ OF MY BIOMETRICS OF MY I-485 so i chnge this friday 01-15-2009...

There is no point in calling the 1-800 line. they know nothing, they can only see the same info that you can see on the USCIS website.

Make an infopass appointment at your local office to find out what is going on with your case.

To USCIS CSR if you really do work for the 1-800 line then you should know that the information you give is at best inaccurate and often totally wrong. You should be very careful about claiming to work for USCIS because if you do and you continue to offer immigration advice here on VJ or on any public forum you are in breach of your employment contract. Your are forbidden to publicly represent the service without prior approval from your service center manager.

hi again dear,just cal me joy from phili too cebu..i check my status online the date not change 0ct.7,08.but if i log in to uscis home page the date change 12-15-08 but ifi click on it the result is oct.7,08 i dont undertsnad.......pls i need help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.