SAT

Spouse B2 Visa, we met in USA

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
I have just one question...How BIG was the diamond?!!!

Just kidding :P - Congratulations and Welcome!

Sorry I took so long to answer lol. It was the biggest Princess Cut they had @ the Tiffany&Co store in Redbank NJ.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi Steve & Tiff!

Have no input on your situation, but want to say welcome to VJ! Im malaysian as well, so im pretty excited to see one.. not many malaysian-USC couples on here :) all the best on your visa journey!

Hi Faryan and thank you. I have noticed that there aren't many Malaysians here as well. And I actually met my wife here in the US. I've never set foot in Malaysia but hear many good things about it. Thanks again and keep in touch. By the way, Tiff is from N. sembilan.

Hi Steve! You definitely should come over here after Tiff's papers sorted out.. hehehe.. Ryan was just here with me and family for the Christmas-New Year break (its his 3rd visit) and we had family day event in Port Dickson (in N. Sembilan) day after Christmas.. he had a great time im sure, and definitely love the food!

keep in touch ya...

Far

Thanks Far, and yes, I will visit Malaysia. I'm anxious to see Titi Jelebu. We will have a wedding ceremony here in the US, and one more in Malaysia.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi Steve, welcome to VJ.

My cousin was in the same boat as you. His overstay was way longer than Tiffs'. He got his GC in about 4 months. He could not tell me details of his AOS package because he went threw a lawyer. (He payed over $3000 but it's all good)

I wish you the best of luck.

AOS Timeline (from F-1)

12/30/08 Mailed AOS/I-130/EAD packet to Chicago

12/31/08 USPS reports package delivered at 11:08AM, signed by JB

01/07/09 Check for I-485 cashed

01/07/09 I-485, I-130, EAD touched

01/08/09 Checks for Biometrics and I-130 cashed

01/10/09 NOA1 for I-485, I-130 and EAD received (NOAs dated: 01/06/09)

01/14/09 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 01/09/2009. Appointment date 01/23/2009 (DAY 15)

01/20/09 Biometrics completed. (Walk-in)

01/21/09 Touch (I-485/I-130/EAD)

03/20/09 Received Interview notification for May 6th (NOA2 dated: 03/13/09)

05/06/09 Interview **Approved**

Timeline

Once again.........Thank you!

Your timelines are precious to us. Tiffany received her biometrics appointment in the mail today for Jan-23-2009. it states that it's for I-485 and I-795.

Talk soon,

Steve

Congratulations on your marriage!!!

I'm in the same situation as your wife. I came here when i was 15years old. as b1/b2, and overstayed.

i went to Highschool here los angeles, where i met who is today my husband.

we got married last year and because money issues,

we barely got the funds to send our package.

So, from now and on.. im just waiting on any reply or news from USCIS.

I'll be glad you share your experience in this long journey..

as i will be sharing mine to others... to make this waiting long.... look not soo estressing.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Timeline
Congratulations on your marriage!!!

I'm in the same situation as your wife. I came here when i was 15years old. as b1/b2, and overstayed.

i went to Highschool here los angeles, where i met who is today my husband.

we got married last year and because money issues,

we barely got the funds to send our package.

So, from now and on.. im just waiting on any reply or news from USCIS.

I'll be glad you share your experience in this long journey..

as i will be sharing mine to others... to make this waiting long.... look not soo estressing.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Delightful, Thank you and goodluck to you. Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Steve

Timeline
Hi Steve, welcome to VJ.

My cousin was in the same boat as you. His overstay was way longer than Tiffs'. He got his GC in about 4 months. He could not tell me details of his AOS package because he went threw a lawyer. (He payed over $3000 but it's all good)

I wish you the best of luck.

DaveHanna I never got to thank you for your welcome. So...Thank you.

Filed: Timeline
Thanks again everyone.

BTW, we received our NOA 1 yesterday. 3 pieces, for I-130, I-485, and I-765

Hi STEEVEandTIFF.... I'm a US Citizen and I think your situation is almost identical to mine. My Timeline is the same as yours...maybe the diamond not as big..lol. I have dated a Filipina for 4 years and just got married last Nov. 08. She has been here 16 years :innocent: on an expired B1/B2 and has been working.

I am determined to not give lawyers any money and to do this myself. Seeing that your list of submitted forms is almost identical to my compiled forms and that it is going smoothly for you is encouraging. Did you have to pay the 340.00 for filing the I-765??? It seems as though it is required. Also, did you send all the forms in one envelope, and if so did you create subfolders, with cover letters?

THe affadavit of Support I-864 I wont have to file as she has 40 quarters of credit paid into the Social Security. ( she has a valid non work SS # that she has used to work illegally with. She got it with her passport to open a checking account.)

Anyway thanks for posting your experiences.. I will submit mine.

Edited by Mack&Ning

Timeline
And Also....What categor ydid you file under for Line 16? (I-765) Nothing jumps out at me..

Mack&Ning, Also, no I did not pay the $ 340 for the I-765. The fee is waived if you are filing concurrently with I-485. I sent 2 checks, 1 for $1010 (I-485 $930+ $80 biometrics), and $ 355 for the I-130.

I mailed 1 oversized envelope, inside were 2 folders. 1 folder included the I-130 package. And one folder included the I-485 package.

In essence, 1 folder was from me to the USCIS, and 1 folder was from my wife to the USCIS.

On the I-130 folder, there was a detailed cover letter, that breifly explained my situation and what I want to do, and listed the forms and supporting documents.

On the I-485, there was a shorter cover letter listing the forms and supporting documents.

Everything went smooth, I got a timely response and biometrics appt.

Goodluck, and keep in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys!

I am new at writing here, so I am sorry if I ask anything obvious (I've being reading a lot, but...)

So my husband and I just got married last week, and I am in the same situation as Tiffany (came as a tourist, met Brian, never left, overstayed my I-94).

Now we are getting our docs ready to mail, and I wonder:

Should I send my I-485 at the same time as the I-130? If so, what should I check on Part 2 of the I-485 (application type)? Is it 'A', even if I do not have a visa number?

Please help me!

Thank you everybody!

(Hope Tiffany's ring is as pretty as mine :star: )

Timeline
Hello Guys!

I am new at writing here, so I am sorry if I ask anything obvious (I've being reading a lot, but...)

So my husband and I just got married last week, and I am in the same situation as Tiffany (came as a tourist, met Brian, never left, overstayed my I-94).

Now we are getting our docs ready to mail, and I wonder:

Should I send my I-485 at the same time as the I-130? If so, what should I check on Part 2 of the I-485 (application type)? Is it 'A', even if I do not have a visa number?

Please help me!

Thank you everybody!

(Hope Tiffany's ring is as pretty as mine :star: )

Nana. welcome and goodluck. the answers to your questions are, yes file everything together. And on the I-485, your application type, check box A, because an immigration visa is immediately available to you once your I-130 is approved.

Let us know how you do, Keep in touch. And yes, Tiffany's ring is quite pretty lol.......

Thanks again everyone.

BTW, we received our NOA 1 yesterday. 3 pieces, for I-130, I-485, and I-765

Hi Steve congratulation!

I just want to ask you something....It's a hard question...(funny) im just a little bit confused about the check that im going to send together with my package i came here as B2 visa August and met my husband we get married last year Oct. and we didnt sent our AOS yet for we want to make sure and thanks to VJ i learn a lot..here is my question do i have to send 1010.00 check and 355 for money order..together with the AOS package i just want to make sure for someone told me that...thanks i appreciate the answer....congrats again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.