sheremae

US Embassy second interview

11 posts in this topic

I don't recall hearing about anyone doing a second interview. What did they tell you?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I don't recall hearing about anyone doing a second interview. What did they tell you?

We were told they could not issue a visa because my fiance might become a public charge. It said we could discuss the matter with a consular officer if we wanted. So I told them I wanted to discuss it and was given an appointment. Lucky I had frequent flier miles so I went to Manila and we got to talk to the consul who did the original interview. Would you consider that a second interview?

Ray and Arlene

11/2005 Met online

03/2006 Met in person

07/2006 Met in person

10/2006 Met in person

02/2007 Met in person

01/2008 Met in person

02/23/2008 Mailed I-129 to CSC

02/26/2008 I-129 received at CSC

02/28/2008 NOA 1 received in mail........WOW

07/31/2008 Received email saying an RFE was sent

08/02/2008 Received RFE in the mail

08/07/2008 Response to RFE mailed to CSC

08/15/2008 Received email telling response was received

08/20/2008 NOA 2 sent

08/27/2008 NOA 2 received

08/29/2008 Called NVC and was told petition was received and shipped out already

09/10/2008 Paid Delbros

09/22/2008 Medical at St Lukes

10/02/2008 Interview

01/15/2009 Visa Approved

01/20/2009 Visa Received

01/27/2009 Flight to US on Northwest flight #2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

why you have a second Interview,??

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

We were told they could not issue a visa because my fiance might become a public charge. It said we could discuss the matter with a consular officer if we wanted. So I told them I wanted to discuss it and was given an appointment. Lucky I had frequent flier miles so I went to Manila and we got to talk to the consul who did the original interview. Would you consider that a second interview?

I was there at the fraud unit room, 3 persons interviewed me 1 pinoy and 2 american. The first person who interviewed me is a Filipino, and that it takes 5 hours. All my statement was encoded and print it out. Then after that , the second person who interviewed is an american lady, and she said there will be no visa issue today, your fiance dont have money, i dont know whats happening here but you better tells us the truth. I was shocked! My fiance's income tax return is negative thats why they said that my fiance dont have money. They keep asking me where did my fiance gets the money, they checked my remittance receipt and they seen there that my fiance used to send me money twice a month. The american lady asked where did my fiance lives, and then she said oklahoma is place of poverty, a place of nowhere..lots of tornado and people start all over again when hits by a tornado. Then she gave back my papers to the filipino guy and i was there on his table, at dko na napigilan tumulo ang luha ko. And the the third person who interviewed is an american guy, same question.. where did my fiance get the money????? They were giggling when i said that on my fiance's second visit we stayed in the hotel in Manila for one month. He keeps asking whats the truth or if there is someone behind helping me so i can go there in the US. And he said if my statement there in the papers that was print it out is not true, they are not going to give me a visa forever.And he showed me there on my fiance's affidavit support , that my fiance checked the box that he is not going to support me when i get there in the US, they are trying to confused me. And they wanted me to withdraw my application. And he said i can find another boyfriend to petition me. And i said, even if you are going to deny me, i am not going to change my statement. Filipino guy advice me that its better to withdraw my application than to move it forward because there is still less chance to get a visa. And i said to him, i need to talk to my fiance before i will do that , but he said no, u should do it now. I made a decision, i signed my 5 pages statement and move forward my application. It was 5 oclock in the afternoon when i go out in the embassy.

Why in the world would the consulate think the beneficary would become a public charge? :blink:

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oklahoma IS in tornado alley and does get lots of them, something like 300 a year... but most of them do not hit cities and it's not like oklahoma is just a giant poverty stricken ghetto, it's part of the midwest, where salaries are low and so is the cost of living. A negative income on taxes probably indicates he had a lot of write offs, it's hard to say. I can see where they are coming from though, it seems maybe your man works primarily with cash and it's under the table or otherwise not being taxed properly so it looks bad no matter what. Sounds like one way or another it's time to hire a lawyer and definitely get some details on your fiancee on how he's making his income and why it's not documented properly. It seems like you should already know this information though, didn't they ask you during the interview how he makes his money? Is he retired or something, that's one of the few legitimate reasons I can imagine someone not having an income but potentially being able to afford the visa process and trips to the philippines (if that's the case he should have assets in his affidavit etc).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Oklahoma IS in tornado alley and does get lots of them, something like 300 a year... but most of them do not hit cities and it's not like oklahoma is just a giant poverty stricken ghetto, it's part of the midwest, where salaries are low and so is the cost of living. A negative income on taxes probably indicates he had a lot of write offs, it's hard to say. I can see where they are coming from though, it seems maybe your man works primarily with cash and it's under the table or otherwise not being taxed properly so it looks bad no matter what. Sounds like one way or another it's time to hire a lawyer and definitely get some details on your fiancee on how he's making his income and why it's not documented properly. It seems like you should already know this information though, didn't they ask you during the interview how he makes his money? Is he retired or something, that's one of the few legitimate reasons I can imagine someone not having an income but potentially being able to afford the visa process and trips to the philippines (if that's the case he should have assets in his affidavit etc).

I agree. Also, for your sake you have to be sure that your fiance is able to support you financially when you get here. Now that US is in recession, life here is quite hard. You probably heard about it in the news. Hindi ka din makakapagwork agad til you get your EAD or GC so hindi ka din makakatulong agad sa kanya so pag-isipan mo din ng mabuti kase baka mas mabuti pa ang situation mo dyan sa Pinas. Don't get me wrong ok. I'm just telling you the reality here. Goodluck and God bless!

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

i just want to say i have opposite situation with sheremae...i was sent to fpu too..then a lot of questions were asked to me.. it took 5 hours also...it was a filipino guy interviewed me..then an american guy...they were both nice to me actually..

its opposite to sheremae coz my husband lives in hawaii...one of the most expensive state in usa and my husbands income just surpass a lil bit the poverty guideline in hawaii working as a waiter and were able to have 3 trips to the philippines...stay in hotel and sent me money every two weeks inwestern union and went with me to manila for my medical, pays almost $1000 rent every month...in short were able to afford to live in hawaii and spent for the petition even the income isnt enough..they question that to us...my husband is a waiter so he gets tips which he can afford to pay for everything..thats it...and now we are on ar and waiting for the result..

happy new year to all and God bless you all.

i just want to say i have opposite situation with sheremae...i was sent to fpu too..then a lot of questions were asked to me.. it took 5 hours also...it was a filipino guy interviewed me..then an american guy...they were both nice to me actually..

its opposite to sheremae coz my husband lives in hawaii...one of the most expensive state in usa and my husbands income just surpass a lil bit the poverty guideline in hawaii working as a waiter and were able to have 3 trips to the philippines...stay in hotel and sent me money every two weeks inwestern union and went with me to manila for my medical, pays almost $1000 rent every month...in short were able to afford to live in hawaii and spent for the petition even the income isnt enough..they question that to us...my husband is a waiter so he gets tips which he can afford to pay for everything..thats it...and now we are on ar and waiting for the result..

happy new year to all and God bless you all.

My fiance is a retired military. He dont really lives in Oklahoma but he has a house and a land in Oklahoma. He lives in his own big truck because the nature of his work used to travel all over the state to hauled and produce meat. He dont go home, he only visit his place when he get a chance. He has a tax man to do all his taxes. They dont asked me any documents after my interview. I dont have any plans to work when i get there in the US. I am 9 weeks pregnant now and he wanted our baby to be born in the US, but we dont know what will happen to our application. My faith is still very strong but if God won't allow me to have a visa so maybe AMERICA is not my place to live. Thank you for all your advices here, i really appreciate it! I will let u know what will be result of my papers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.